What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sort of unrelated, but what is heating oil? Is it to heat your house? You don't use natural gas for that?

Oh great. Hope you get to the dentist, MsM!

It's this guy's fault:

View attachment 16198

(anyone else remember Lil Abner?)

That's Joe Btfsplk! He walked around with a little black cloud over his head. I know him well because a family member used to say that was me! One day after years of hearing this I finally said to this person "if you stop telling me I have a black cloud I might be able to get from under it". Our relationship and my confidence got better after that!

Good evening guys :)

Today I went to do a bit of grocery shopping...then went and visited mum for coffee and a chat and this afternoon I made some more Lemon Tarts :)

Now enjoying the thunderstorm that is happening here...bringing in the cool change...bliss :)

Sort of unrelated, but what is heating oil? Is it to heat your house? You don't use natural gas for that?
Yes heating fuel. I don't have natural gas for heating.

There was a 2.0 earthquake New Jersey at just after 1:00am 11/5/12.

Someone doesn't like NJ!!

I am wondering what is going to happen next. I am deciding if I want to go wait on a gas line to fill up my car.

Yes heating fuel. I don't have natural gas for heating.

There was a 2.0 earthquake New Jersey at just after 1:00am 11/5/12.

Someone doesn't like NJ!!

I am wondering what is going to happen next. I am deciding if I want to go wait on a gas line to fill up my car.

Awww, MSM. All that stuff is just piling on at this point! Maybe the 2.0 was all the good vibes from us DCers arriving at once! We're sure pulling for you to get some good news today.

I broke a part of a tooth :(. Wondering if and when I will be able to get to the dentist. This is really getting to be unreal. One thing after another. I am wondering if the black cloud I have hanging over me spawned Sandy :wacko::huh:

That is my personal black cloud. Please send it back. I need it. I was wondering where it went the day I got news that my eye surgery was really going to happen. :angel: and one for you. :angel: Looks like you might need a few of them right now. :angel::angel:

how is your day going today, msm? i was just reading through your recent posts, and came across georgie, the adorable kitty you saved from the neighbor's abuse. is georgie still with you? what pretty facial markings he has--such a cutie. i hope you have been able to be together during this stormy, stressful time--survivors of super storm sandy, and its most difficult aftermath. i hope you are able to get the gasoline and heating oil that you need, and real soon. try to keep in mind that this is a very temporary, though terrible situation, with difficult circumstances, that you are meeting with great purpose and determination. you and your loved ones are together and unhurt. normalcy will return, hopefully sooner rather than later, to your daily life, and you will be able to put this calamity behind you. your dc friends are with you, msm, during these troubling times. know that you are in our thoughts, that prayers go out regularly to keep you safe and strong.... :)

I just got my ceiling fixed. There was a big crack and it has been there since I moved in five years ago. Every year when they have inspections of the apartments, that crack went on the list to be repaired. It had become a joke. Louie did a good job of repairing and cleaning up after. But he missed a big blob of compound that dropped on the rug. I am glad I found it before it hardened. I poured water on it and got out the scrub brush. All gone! That is work I am not used to doing. Left me out of breath.

All my furniture is on wheels. Made doing the job so much easier. Now I have to vacuum up the small pieces of plaster he missed. I also have to get dressed and deliver the food for the church. I meant to do it Saturday. I was so harried that day that I forgot. Today is going to be busy day. I don't knw what I will be ble to do after the surgery. I am sure limitations will be placed on me. :angel:

Good morning guys :)

After a wild and woolly night, it is so still this morning and a nice cool 15 degrees ;)

This morning I am am going to pre order the Wii U Black Premium Pack at EB Games, along with 2 games...Sonic All Star Racing and New Super Mario Bros WOOHOO!!

Also have some things to get at the shops and need to find a present for Don, mums partner as it is his 75th Birthday next Friday...it is mums birthday this Friday, but I have all the presents bought and wrapped for mum already :)

Have a lovely day/night everyone :)

I am sitting here waiting to hear from the hospital what time my surgery is scheduled for.

Because I smoke, I like to keep the two windows open a crack in the winter. Today it is really chilly out. My computer is right near the windows. I have to choose to wearing a sweater or closing the windows. I hate wearing a sweater in the house. But the choice is made for me. The windows will stay open a crack. There is no other place I can put the computer.

I do need to go out and tackle the sink AGAIN! I need to start buying some good plastic forks and spoons. I go through the clean ones like they were just trash to toss away. Instead they go into the sink waiting for me to get up off my bottom and wash them. I need a maid. Just to keep the sink empty. Oh well, I am ff to clean the kitchen. :angel:

I am sitting here waiting to hear from the hospital what time my surgery is scheduled for.

Because I smoke, I like to keep the two windows open a crack in the winter. Today it is really chilly out. My computer is right near the windows. I have to choose to wearing a sweater or closing the windows. I hate wearing a sweater in the house. But the choice is made for me. The windows will stay open a crack. There is no other place I can put the computer.

I do need to go out and tackle the sink AGAIN! I need to start buying some good plastic forks and spoons. I go through the clean ones like they were just trash to toss away. Instead they go into the sink waiting for me to get up off my bottom and wash them. I need a maid. Just to keep the sink empty. Oh well, I am ff to clean the kitchen. :angel:

I smoke too but I hate the smell :LOL: I always keep my windows open no matter what the weather. I don't like heat either so I put the AC on the coldest setting in the dead of winter.
It's always the same routine in my house. I open everything and Hubby closes them. We could carry on like that for hours just opening and closing windows and doors :angel:

Stirling and I just now piled the garden furniture and put the tarp over the pile. Just in time too. There were a few snowflakes when I went shopping.

I smoke too but I hate the smell :LOL: I always keep my windows open no matter what the weather. I don't like heat either so I put the AC on the coldest setting in the dead of winter.
It's always the same routine in my house. I open everything and Hubby closes them. We could carry on like that for hours just opening and closing windows and doors :angel:

I have been smoking since I was 10 y.o. I am now 73 and I just love it when folks tell me I should quit smoking. I don't think so. And don't start telling me all the benefits. I have heard them all. I smoke because I want to. I don't drink, and I stopped chasing men a long time ago. I live alone. I smoke in my home or outside and never near other people. Some folks eat lots of chocolate. I smoke. Leave me alone. :angel:

I have been smoking since I was 10 y.o. I am now 73 and I just love it when folks tell me I should quit smoking. I don't think so. And don't start telling me all the benefits. I have heard them all. I smoke because I want to. I don't drink, and I stopped chasing men a long time ago. I live alone. I smoke in my home or outside and never near other people. Some folks eat lots of chocolate. I smoke. Leave me alone. :angel:

I started when I was 14 and I have no plans to quit anytime soon. I love telling Dr's that I don't smoke, they never seem to know whats wrong if you "don't smoke" :LOL:
I don't smoke near my children and it's the one thing that calms me down.
It's either tobacco or happy pills, I choose tobacco :angel:
I drink more than enough pills thank you, I'm full after taking my Chronic meds alone :rolleyes:

I dont need to do any watering as it rained so much last night :)

Just been sweeping some leaves up out on the patio and now I must do a pile of ironing before hitting the shops

I dont need to do any watering as it rained so much last night :)

Just been sweeping some leaves up out on the patio and now I must do a pile of ironing before hitting the shops
You seem to do a lot of ironing. You have also mentioned that you don't like ironing. Have you considered getting a steamer?

I'm finishing up cleaning the house for my daughter's visit tomorrow. She and I plan to eat and sight-see for a week or so. She's in from Denver and was dreading the heat down here, but it has turned off nice - 60's at night and 80's daytime. Have bought way too many sweets plus have plans to get gelato and fresh donuts while she's here. :pig::pig:

I'm finishing up cleaning the house for my daughter's visit tomorrow. She and I plan to eat and sight-see for a week or so. She's in from Denver and was dreading the heat down here, but it has turned off nice - 60's at night and 80's daytime. Have bought way too many sweets plus have plans to get gelato and fresh donuts while she's here. :pig::pig:

That should be fun, Lizzie! I hope you both have a good time.

Back
Top Bottom