"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-24-2012, 01:48 PM   #3651
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post

Last night we had a humdinger of a thunderstorm. The kind that is right over your house and the loud claps of thunder just kept getting louder and louder with flashes of lightning. The lightning lit up my whole apartment. I loved it. I did shut off the computer. But kept the TV going.

It's a good idea to have a surge protector for your TV. I lost one that way.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:56 PM   #3652
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Just came in from watering all our vegetable (in containers) plants and finished a quick lunch with my sweetheart. Nothing special, just cold cuts and cheese but I discovered I was hungry.

Glenn's now off to finish mowing the last of the 11 acres that he began mowing on Friday. He does it with the tractor but it still is a long, hot, hard job. No question that he's hot and tired when he comes in. It's been so dry here (no rain since April) that the tall grasses are breaking off as the tractor hits but, because everything is so very dry, the end result is a very, very dusty task. There's no hope of rain, only 30%, until some time next week. Ugh!!

I'm about to head out to my studio and work on some decorator pillows for Glenn's mom. They are going to be made out of the scraps that I made her bedroom window treatment out of and I should get three nice pillows to decorate her bed.

She doesn't know I had any fabric leftover, so they'll be a surprise.

If I finish the pillows this afternoon I might begin a summer flower arrangement for the dining room table and one for the front entryway table. No hurry, though. I have all the items I need, just need the time and desire.

Old 06-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #3653
Certified Cake Maniac

I am doing some laundry, cleaning up the kitchen and getting ready to do some mending on the sewing machine.

I know I can't overdo it, but while my knee and side pains are still there, I am feeling stronger physically and emotionally to be able to handle it. Gave myself a real talking to last night.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #3654
Certified Cake Maniac

Okay in the 15 minutes since my last post my "what am I doing" has changed considerably. I am trying to console a 75 pound border collie boxer who is freaking out and trying to climb in my lap because my UPS under my desk beeped three times. It didn't stay on, but she goes bonkers with the high pitch sound. I am trying to get her down so we can go into another room, even though the sound is gone.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:25 PM   #3655
Executive Chef

I am trying to work up some enthusiasm for all the things I need to do today......maybe just a few more minutes with my coffee watching the ferry traffic to Victoria BC. ( I'm so lazy)!!!
Old 06-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #3656
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Okay in the 15 minutes since my last post my "what am I doing" has changed considerably. I am trying to console a 75 pound border collie boxer who is freaking out and trying to climb in my lap because my UPS under my desk beeped three times. It didn't stay on, but she goes bonkers with the high pitch sound. I am trying to get her down so we can go into another room, even though the sound is gone.
Poor doggie.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:16 PM   #3657
Certified Pretend Chef

Just finished rubbing down a Boston Butt for a pulled pork smoking Tuesday. Earlier ran out to get some hickory chunks for the BB. Currently watching the Red Sox game.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:25 PM   #3658
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Pulling poison ivy from under the apple tree. We have a bumper crop of it this year, and DH is very allergic to it. And I am wearing gloves.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:29 PM   #3659
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Pulling poison ivy from under the apple tree. We have a bumper crop of it this year, and DH is very allergic to it. And I am wearing gloves.
Be careful, but you knew that. Don't forget to be careful about touching the gloves when you take them off.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:47 PM   #3660
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady
Be careful, but you knew that. Don't forget to be careful about touching the gloves when you take them off.
I've never gotten it, after rolling in it, camping in it, and picking berries in it, I think I've also made winter wreathes with it though I know you can become allergic to poison ivy at any age. I do wear disposable gloves and make sure I don't touch the outside of them when I throw them away.