What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A lamp cord. I caught my foot on it and boom, down I went on the wooden floor in the dining room. It's going to be quite a shiner.

Gah! I thought I was the only one who could do that. I can find a two inch patch of ice and break my ankle while being dragged by a 23 pound beagle. My cleaning lady showed up a couple weeks ago sporting a huge shiner, she had a tripping accident similar to yours. The hospital asked all sorts of questions.....

Taking a quick break after lunch before I have to get up & help Dh with the Christmas candy....

I'm sitting on the porch on a beautiful sunny 70-degree day. Just came back from the hospital where I had X-rays of my shoulder and hand to make sure I hadn't broken anything after a fall last night. Just soft tissue damage, including a nice big goose egg on my left cheek.

Hope you are OK GG...what did you do?

I'm sitting on the porch on a beautiful sunny 70-degree day. Just came back from the hospital where I had X-rays of my shoulder and hand to make sure I hadn't broken anything after a fall last night. Just soft tissue damage, including a nice big goose egg on my left cheek.

Well, that was a silly thing to do. Any plans on making that a daily habit? Or are you just trying to meet up with a handsome young doctor? Surely therre is a cougar in town you could fix him up with. :angel:

Hope you are OK GG...what did you do?

Look up, Kylie.^^^

Gotta get off the 'puter. Talked to family, they all have the flu. Baby bro in Mpls. got the driveway shoveled (6-8 inches of snow) between barfs and coughing.

Last edited:
GG, I am sorry to hear of your fall! I am glad there was nothing broken. Take care of yourself! :)

Yikes, guys! Hope the headache makes a hasty retreat, LP.

Laurie, turn off the computer before it's a full blown migraine.

Hugs for the both of you.

Thanks, everyone! Princess I am staying away from the TV and computer as much as possible today, just checking in once in awhile. I took an Emtec (T3 without caffeine) and it hasn't budged the pain so I am in for the long haul I think. Back to the darkened bedroom with no sounds. Probably won't check in again for the rest of the day or until it is gone.

Thanks, everyone! Princess I am staying away from the TV and computer as much as possible today, just checking in once in awhile. I took an Emtec (T3 without caffeine) and it hasn't budged the pain so I am in for the long haul I think. Back to the darkened bedroom with no sounds. Probably won't check in again for the rest of the day or until it is gone.

Laurie, I found the hard way, that the brightness of the computer screen can acerbate the pain of a migraine. Fortunately, I have not had one in quite a while. :angel:

Taking a break for awhile from all the Christmas baking. We are making 10 dozen of 10 different goodies to be for sale in the cafe tomorrow.

Today I have been to the shops to get some things and I also went to the dentists and had a clean :)

I spent all day in bed nursing my migraine and was able to sleep it off in time to have our usual "dinner and a movie" when TB got home from work. I made a chicken stir-fry and we watched the latest Footloose. It was good - very close to the original, just updated. Loved hearing the blast from the past music! :)

The problem is now I can't sleep because I slept most of the day. I have a minor headache, but nothing like I had. Oh well, hopefully I can have a light snack and get to sleep. I have a naturopath appointment in the morning!

I just got back from my pre-op appt. All is well and I am scheduled for the 18th. Got a good report from my cardio doctor.

I woke up at 9:20 this morning. My pickup was at 9:30. I didn't know I could still move that fast.

When I was done and waiting outside having a cigarette, there were two men walking by. "Sir," I yelled. Again, "Sir". They stopped. "Don't I know you from somewhere? You look very familiar. Almost like my youngest son."

"Gee thanks for embarrassing me Mom."

He deserved it. I had to ask what his son looked like now. And a few other questions. He was headed back to his office at the hospital.

I almost didn't stop him. When he told me that he would be working there, we struck up an agreement between us. Ethically he can never treat me. I have always known that. And I told him I would never use his name in any conversation. We have to maintain a professional existence between us at the hospital. I never want to cause him any embarrassment or problems in his job. :angel:

I just got back from my pre-op appt. All is well and I am scheduled for the 18th. Got a good report from my cardio doctor.

I woke up at 9:20 this morning. My pickup was at 9:30. I didn't know I could still move that fast.

When I was done and waiting outside having a cigarette, there were two men walking by. "Sir," I yelled. Again, "Sir". They stopped. "Don't I know you from somewhere? You look very familiar. Almost like my youngest son."

"Gee thanks for embarrassing me Mom."

He deserved it. I had to ask what his son looked like now. And a few other questions. He was headed back to his office at the hospital.

I almost didn't stop him. When he told me that he would be working there, we struck up an agreement between us. Ethically he can never treat me. I have always known that. And I told him I would never use his name in any conversation. We have to maintain a professional existence between us at the hospital. I never want to cause him any embarrassment or problems in his job. :angel:

During Christmas season, I once rung up an order for a lady and asked for ID for her check before I realized she was my Mom. Learned my lesson, since that time I always looked each customer in the eye and said "Hello" before touching their order. The customer is the important part of the transaction, not what they are buying.

During Christmas season, I once rung up an order for a lady and asked for ID for her check before I realized she was my Mom. Learned my lesson, since that time I always looked each customer in the eye and said "Hello" before touching their order. The customer is the important part of the transaction, not what they are buying.

:ROFLMAO: :angel:

Yesterday I received my new Mac Mini :)

It boots up ever so fast, as Steve had it custom built and had a Fusion Drive put in, which makes everything so much faster...it was $300 extra, but well worth it so there is hardly any waiting at all and everything opens superfast ;)

There are heaps of new things going on with this new one compared to my previous Mac Mini, so it was fun setting it all up last night, re installing everything as you have to start from scratch...we were up till quite late doing them, so we did not get much sleep sadly :ermm:

This morning I will be going to see mum :)

I just recently got back from the pool & had a late, light supper. Relaxing in front of the tv in my recliner now.

So I go downstairs to the Christmas Party. Made a polite appearance. Came back upstairs and Spike was here with Teddy. Better company. He is working on the computer and I am watching TV. I start to get a pain in my upper arm. Take a hit of the nitro spray. Wait five minutes, Pain subsides a little, but not enough to say it has gone away. Take a second hit. It has been eons since I have had to take a second hit. "Oh God, please not now. I want that surgery." The pain is less, but in both shoulders. It has been more than 15 minutes since the last spray. Then I remember that I hadn't taken my meds yet today. So I get the Ranexa. That med is for the angina. I take two and wait. If this doesn't work, then I HAVE to call 911. There's goes the surgery. Fortunately it worked. I knew it was angina, but I couldn't get it under control. The pain for a heart attack is different for me from a heart attack. That is when I get the pain dead center in my chest. Angina is always in my upper arms.

My whole day started under stress. My pickup time was 9:30 and I woke up at 9:20. I had laid out everything the night before. More stress at the hospital. Was I going to pass my pre-op? Waiting for my pickup. More stress. Exhausted by the time I get home. I fall asleep. In a deep sleep. There is a banging on my door loud enough to wake me up. "Am I coming down to the party?" Jump on my scooter and go downstairs. Couldn't escape fast enough. Spent about 30 minutes there. Lied about getting a phone call that I had company upstairs waiting for me. It was Spike. No wonder I got a bad case of angina. :angel:

So I go downstairs to the Christmas Party. Made a polite appearance. Came back upstairs and Spike was here with Teddy. Better company. He is working on the computer and I am watching TV. I start to get a pain in my upper arm. Take a hit of the nitro spray. Wait five minutes, Pain subsides a little, but not enough to say it has gone away. Take a second hit. It has been eons since I have had to take a second hit. "Oh God, please not now. I want that surgery." The pain is less, but in both shoulders. It has been more than 15 minutes since the last spray. Then I remember that I hadn't taken my meds yet today. So I get the Ranexa. That med is for the angina. I take two and wait. If this doesn't work, then I HAVE to call 911. There's goes the surgery. Fortunately it worked. I knew it was angina, but I couldn't get it under control. The pain for a heart attack is different for me from a heart attack. That is when I get the pain dead center in my chest. Angina is always in my upper arms.

My whole day started under stress. My pickup time was 9:30 and I woke up at 9:20. I had laid out everything the night before. More stress at the hospital. Was I going to pass my pre-op? Waiting for my pickup. More stress. Exhausted by the time I get home. I fall asleep. In a deep sleep. There is a banging on my door loud enough to wake me up. "Am I coming down to the party?" Jump on my scooter and go downstairs. Couldn't escape fast enough. Spent about 30 minutes there. Lied about getting a phone call that I had company upstairs waiting for me. It was Spike. No wonder I got a bad case of angina. :angel:
I am sorry to hear about the pain you had to endure today. Take care.:angel:

Good afternoon :)

Had a lovely time at mums, lots of coffee and lots of chat ;)

Ads, hope you are feeling better soon xx

Back
Top Bottom