"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-06-2012, 11:22 PM   #3941
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Kylie my thoghts and prayers are with you both.

Thanks so much LP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie View Post
Sounds as though he will be in very good hands. Meanwhile, perhaps Nurse Kylie should self-medicate with some favorite chocolates.
Thanks heaps Lizzie, chocolate sounds like very good medication indeed

Old 07-06-2012, 11:23 PM   #3942
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Kylie, glad to read that you are feeling human again.
Thank you so much Taxy

I feel in such a better frame of mind today

Old 07-07-2012, 12:37 AM   #3943
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I am going to bed early tonight, try to sleep all night, sleep in an extra two hours and then head into work for a 4 hour shift. Shrek will be going to the music shop by himself (I know I'm either brave or a sucker), it will be his first outing by himself since June 4th.
Thought you were going to bed early, PF! Sweet dreams.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:03 AM   #3944
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Yikes! My sympathies.

The shoes have to be worse. You could conceivably get a dressmaker to make you a coat.

Stirling wears 11 1/2 EEE. We have finally accepted the fact that a pair of shoes is going to cost about $200.
When I can find them I pay anywhere from $90.00 to $125.00 With the winter coat? I got lucky one day. My daughter took me to Burlington Coat and we found on the rack a reversible coat, nylon, rain proof on the inside, and a faux fur that looks like snow leopard, on the outside. And for only $60.00. And it is washable. I look like a snow bunny in it. But it is so warm. I don't even have to wear a sweatewr under it. I love it! My daughter washed it on gentle and dried it on air. It came out like new. You can bet I am taking real good care of this one. The sleeves even fold back enough so they are the right length for me. I am on my fourth year with it.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:57 AM   #3945
Master Chef

Sweating.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #3946
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Thought you were going to bed early, PF! Sweet dreams.
Early for a Friday Night!
Old 07-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #3947
Executive Chef

Getting ready to go into town. I've got a leaky toilet at the house. I have to get some materials to go and repair the flange, level the floor a bit and re install the crapper. What a way to spend a day off. Then, off to play a wedding tonight.....
Old 07-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #3948
Chef Extraordinaire

i'm still chuckling from a fast one i pulled on some dumb, young musclehead who was driving a little too aggressively in a construction zone on a busy saturday afternoon.

i took my boy out for lunch today to let dw rest since she's sick, and as we were awkwardly trying to pull out of the parking lot through some road construction, a young guy in a souped up p.o.s. honda came screaming out of an adjacent parking lot, cutting me off to take advantage of the people in the main road who were being polite and holding back to let me out.

i honked at him, to which he replied by flipping the bird out his window.

because of traffic, i happened to catch up to the kid a few seconds later. as i sat behind him, the little jerk was looking at me in his rear view mirror, animatedly saying things at me and making lots of "tough guy"gestures.

as the traffic began to move and he was still shouting something at me, i gestured for him to pull over to discuss the situation.

lol, the idiot obliged and pulled over. as he hopped out of his car, i drove right by him smiling and waving to the dumbass.

it only took him a second or three to figure out that he'd been had, so he came screaming up behind me, riding so close to my bumper that i could barely see him behind my truck in the mirrors.

hmm, a rear end collision between a truck and a teeny honda. i'm betting on the back of my truck.

anywho, he followed me to the deli where i picked up lunch for dw, and as i got out of my truck -initially telling my son to stay inside, i guess he thought better to get in a fight with someone twice his age and size., so he just drove off cursing all the way.

i'm glad my son was with me so he was able to see how to handle some idiot suffering from road rage.

after last night and this afternoon, i sure hope this isn't indicative of the intelligence of today's young men. too much time in the gym, not enough in the library.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #3949
Chef Extraordinaire

A great lesson for your son bt. I love the part where you had him pull over and whizzed past him.

How come I miss all the good ones?
Old 07-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #3950
Chef Extraordinaire

Hello everyone

I have just recently got up after a lovely sleep!

Today I have a heap of ironing to do We are also going to make some pasties with puff pastry

We have to fertislise the back garden this morning and apply some weed and feed on our lawns

We are then going to go for a walk through Cobbler Creek, lovely place for a walk

Hope you guys are all enjoying your day/night