"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #5221
Everymom
 
Alix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 23,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I just caught up on the Blog, very funny! Now, I'm going to have some pumpkin pie for breakfast.
Just after I posted that, our power went out! It was out for about an hour and a half. You should read today's entry. It was a hard morning in our house today.
__________________

__________________
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #5222
Everymom
 
Alix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 23,195
A hard morning for Bugs.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120827_122247.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	15519  
__________________

__________________
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #5223
Traveling Welcome Wagon
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere, US
Posts: 15,716
Thanks again everyone. I haven't heard any news about it today, which is a good sign.

Alix, I loved the blog entry! So funny! As I posted on the blog site, she is her mother's daughter!

About storms, Cubbie doesn't mind going out in the rain, and he doesn't act scared during thunder storms, but he does stick closer to me during them and appreciates extra hugs then. The poor guy has been stuck outside (while we were gone) during some bad ones, but most of the time he is inside with me "protecting" me from the storms.
__________________
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #5224
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North
Posts: 19,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Just after I posted that, our power went out! It was out for about an hour and a half. You should read today's entry. It was a hard morning in our house today.
Thanks for sharing that. I loved Bugs' little stories in the old newsletters. Now I can enjoy her on a regular basis!

I had a fruit smoothie and half a slice of bacon for breakfast - not blog material
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #5225
Head Chef
 
tinlizzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 1,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Have you tryied hold her or putting her under a cover on her bed? And they do have special jackets for dogs that are afraid of storms.
You probably mean those "thundershirts," (a great name isn't it?). I'm just not in a position to spend that kind of money right now. Awhile back I did order some herbal concoction on the Net that was supposed to soothe her. Nope. And she doesn't like to be covered up. It's getting pretty old as often as we have storms in the summertime. Can't wait for winter.

So, thanks anyway, Addie.
__________________
No matter how simple it seems, it's complicated.
tinlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:59 PM   #5226
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Just after I posted that, our power went out! It was out for about an hour and a half. You should read today's entry. It was a hard morning in our house today.
Poor Bugs, I would simply die. The only thing I can do before I wake up is run the Keurig.
__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #5227
Head Chef
 
tinlizzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 1,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Thanks again everyone. I haven't heard any news about it today, which is a good sign.

Alix, I loved the blog entry! So funny! As I posted on the blog site, she is her mother's daughter!

About storms, Cubbie doesn't mind going out in the rain, and he doesn't act scared during thunder storms, but he does stick closer to me during them and appreciates extra hugs then. The poor guy has been stuck outside (while we were gone) during some bad ones, but most of the time he is inside with me "protecting" me from the storms.
Lucky dog! And Cubbie is lucky, too!
__________________
No matter how simple it seems, it's complicated.
tinlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:07 PM   #5228
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Galena, IL
Posts: 7,970
Right at the moment, having a private "celebration" -- in the past week, my surgeon and my physical therapist both told me "good-bye". They both said to call if I need them, and not to expect too much of myself -- it is going to hurt and I will limp for awhile. But they gave me recommendations and move on! Yay!
__________________
Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #5229
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North
Posts: 19,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Right at the moment, having a private "celebration" -- in the past week, my surgeon and my physical therapist both told me "good-bye". They both said to call if I need them, and not to expect too much of myself -- it is going to hurt and I will limp for awhile. But they gave me recommendations and move on! Yay!
Congratulations, Claire! I know exactly what that feels like and I am happy for you!
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #5230
Master Chef
 
DaveSoMD's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Just after I posted that, our power went out! It was out for about an hour and a half.
That's why I keep an old percolator around...gotta have the morning coffee!!!
__________________

__________________
Quoth the chicken, "Fry some more."
AB - Good Eats: Fry Hard II
DaveSoMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.