What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got the news, one of our nurses lost her fight with cancer tonight. She was diagnosed 2 weeks ago and it was all through her. G'night Ginny! I'll miss you.

I went to Winthrop yesterday and immediately got the news that one of the longest members of the knitting group died from dementia. Watching her this past year deteriorate has been so difficult. She would make the most delicate patterns for baby outfits for mothers who had nothing to take their babies home in. The hat, sweater, booties and blankets. She could do the first three items in one day, and start the blanket and finish it the next day. Then she took a bad fall at home last year and from there went down hill.

I understand patient confidentiality, but the powers that be won't even tell any of the patients when her funeral is. That makes no sense to me. Most of the knitting group want to attend.

So sorry to hear about your nurse PF. Losing a friend can be so difficult. :angel:

Good job on the beagle Pac.

Addie, maybe you can get someone on staff at Winthrop to let the family know that the knitting group wants to know about the funeral.

Okay, I'm going to stop procrastinating and go out and weed around the tomatillo plant that came up without me noticing (the backyard is under construction of a new patio and the dirt pile hid it lol). I'm also going to rip out the cucumber and green bean plants that died and plant some more beans. Hopefully I can get a second harvest.

Wow, that was fast. Just two weeks... sad.

Yesterday I got a Beagle back to her owners. I heard her baying out back and while I was brush hogging back there I saw her. She came up to me with a little coaxing and I slipped my belt over her head and called her owner (she had a tag on). Poor old girl was all cut up in the face from chasing bunnies. She had been missing a few hours and was whooped. I swear Beagles have the most tenacity of any breed.
Then just twenty minutes later someone stopped who was missing his dog. He had two, but found the one an the RR tracks...

Aww, poor beagle! Glad you could help her. And you're right about the breed, Pac, there's no stopping them once they're on a bunny.

You know how I am always saying that we never lose out power because all our wires are underground. Well I am eating crow. A manhole blew around 8:30 tonight and our building went into darkness except for the emergency lighting in the halls. So a lot of folks grabbed a chair and sat out there until the lights came back on two hours later. The city sent an EMT team to each elderly building to check on everyone. We have a couple of residents that are on oxygen. They had to be switched over to their backup that runs on six hours of batteries. We told the EMTs that we knew who needed help and who was cable on their own. So once they checked on the oxygen patients, they left feeling that this building was going to be all right. Then we noticed blue lights flashing. A police patrol car was posted on the street just outside our building. They were watching for looters. The locks on our building went out with the power. I didn't mention this to any of the residents. It would have really scared them. Then we have a resident that is 92. Dementia is slowly setting in on her. She kept asking the same questions over and over. I just kept answering them over and over. It takes a lot of patience to be with her. One resident who was sitting out in the hall had just taken a very strong pain pill when the lights went. She was falling asleep and almost falling off the chair. So I took her back to her apartment and made sure she had her flashlight right next to her. I left her sitting in her chair with her legs up on a padded cushion. she was asleep before I even reached her door. I will check on her again tomorrow. :angel:

I was loading the dishwasher and about to put the cocktail shaker in, when it occurred to me that I could make more Margaritas, so I did. :rolleyes: I'm not driving anywhere tonight. Dishwasher is running, with the cocktail shaker and strainer.

I was loading the dishwasher and about to put the cocktail shaker in, when it occurred to me that I could make more Margaritas, so I did. :rolleyes: I'm not driving anywhere tonight. Dishwasher is running, with the cocktail shaker and strainer.

Hope they return home soon, Taxy. Glad they have a fitness program!

:ROFLMAO: And Himself wonders why I keep laughing out loud! It certainly isn't my baseball game right now. :glare: I need to head to the basement (aka: the Girls Clubhouse - nothing fancy, just a TV and a desk with speakers for the computer and a pad for kitty to lay on) to continue reading DC.

Waiting for dinner to be cooked :yum:

We are having a lamb roast, crusted with rosemary and garlic with roasted parsnips, carrots and potatoes, all covered in gravy :chef:

Just surfing the net till it is ready in about 25 minutes, cant wait :yum:

Last edited:
I got my scan results back...all clear, no problems at all with anything in my upper abdomen YAY!!

Next thing, is to have an endoscophy
Thank goodness, prayers answered! Hope & pray the results continue to come back positive.:angel:

Right now I am fighting to stay alert. I took my meds and sure enough my blood pressure crashed. It is so low, it won't even register on my BP machine. I was going to call 911, but slowly I can feel it coming back up. I wish I knew what I could do when this happens. Fortunately Spike was here with me and stayed until I felt a little better.

I have mentioned this problem to my doctor. So whoopee! He lowered my BP med by a half of pill. I have more or less changed my diet and am not eating all those foods with a lot of fat. It wasn't a deliberate change. I just prefer veggie salad to fatty meats. And I am eating less that I used to. And the weight is coming off about two pounds a month.

I am going to stop taking my BP meds and not even tell the doctor. I can't keep doing this. My instructions were to check my BP before I take my meds. If my pressure is low, don't take the BP meds. Well, I did check my BP before I took my meds and it was 120/60. That is a very good BP.

Okay. I am feeling better and time to read some of the postings. I need to get some water in me and eat. :angel:
You take it easy! It would be a good thing to stay on top of those blood pressure readings. Glad to hear your bp meds got adjusted. Take care! We all want to hear from you for a very long time around here!!:angel::angel:

Back
Top Bottom