"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-22-2012, 10:08 AM   #7011
Chef Extraordinaire

My DIL just delivered the picture to me. It is heavy and way too big for me to bring it to my daughter's house. So Spike is going to come and pick it up for delivery for me. I was going to ride my computer up there but I will now go in the car with Spike.

I have to laugh thinking about this picture. Every time a friend is in my daughter's home, they see something they like. "My mother gave it to me." I never realized just how many little things for her home I have given her over the years. This picture will be just one more thing.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:14 AM   #7012
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
I'm just sitting back trying to get to my next step of getting up in the morning. Since I had my knee replaced on the 12th everything takes longer and has to be done in stages as it's difficult to stand for long periods of time.

Thankfully I had all our Christmas shopping done, gifts wrapped and shipped before the surgery so I don't have to worry about those tasks. I'm pretty certain that would wear me out. However, I almost always have that done by the end of October. It's a throwback from when I had two sons in the military serving overseas. In order for them to have their gifts by Christmas, they had to be mailed by the end of October. I got in the habit of doing that and never got out of it, which makes the holiday so much more pleasant and relaxing.

If I think I can manage it, we're going to Glenn's oldest daughter's for Thanksgiving dinner. We're not due there for at least 5 hours so I should know in a couple of hours how well I'll motivate. Had a pretty bad pain night last night, which has me draggin' this morning. Perhaps a shower will revive me.

If we don't go to Heather's, a friend has offered to bring us a meal from his house, so Plan B is available should we choose to accept.

I'm just going to lean back here in the recliner for a few more minutes, gather my thoughts and head to the shower for a hoped-for rejuvenation.

Old 11-22-2012, 11:14 AM   #7013
Master Chef

Thinking about how thankful I am this Thanksgiving.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:20 AM   #7014
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Katie, you were so smart to take care of all that stuff before the surgery. I wish you speedy and complete healing of that new knee. And Happy Thanksgiving.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #7015
Chef Extraordinaire

Katie, I know exactly how you feel. You start a project or chore and half way through you have to sit down and let the pain subside. The only difference, is that in time you will heal and feel so much better. Patience little grasshopper.

Don't be afraid to treat the pain. Pain will do more harm than the surgery itself. It can drag you down and cause you to take twice as long to heal. It is something I have learned the hard way. I would like to think I am stronger than the pain. But I am not. Pain defeats me and makes me not to want to do anything. I can give you a pile of reasons why I wouldn't take the pain medication. I can only give you one reason why I now do take the pain medication. Because It helps me. It helps me feel better.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:58 PM   #7016
Chef Extraordinaire

Good morning everyone

Hope you are all enjoying your turkey dinners and enjoying the time with your loved one

Today I am staying home...I have been out most of the week shopping for one thing or another...so today I have more ironing, housework and some recliner time this afternoon
Old 11-23-2012, 03:20 AM   #7017
Chef Extraordinaire

Good evening everyone

Busy, busy day today...did loads of washing, ironing and cleaning

Mum came over for lunch, I made us some tuna mornay this morning

Now relaxing with a hot cup of tea
Old 11-23-2012, 04:21 AM   #7018
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Good evening everyone

Busy, busy day today...did loads of washing, ironing and cleaning

Mum came over for lunch, I made us some tuna mornay this morning

Now relaxing with a hot cup of tea

hey kylie, i think of you and snip as 'frick and frack',, so i'm wondering, frick, where has frack suddenly disappeared to, these past number of days--do you hear anything from her?

it is nice that you and your mom are able to be in each other's lives, and enjoy frequent visits together....
'
Old 11-23-2012, 04:42 AM   #7019
Chef Extraordinaire

Hello V

I too was wondering where Snip has been..i have not heard from her

Yes, I love spending time with mum, she is such a lovely person to be around
Old 11-23-2012, 05:40 AM   #7020
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
hey kylie, i think of you and snip as 'frick and frack',, so i'm wondering, frick, where has frack suddenly disappeared to, these past number of days--do you hear anything from her?

it is nice that you and your mom are able to be in each other's lives, and enjoy frequent visits together....
'
I have been wondering the same thing. Hey Snip, pop in and let us know you are all right.