What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so you want perfection, eh? ;) So glad to see you here and to hear good news coming from your parts... :yum:

Hope your spasms will soon be a thing of the past.
Nah, perfection is over-rated :LOL: I am always happy with what I get. :)

The spasms settled after an hour and I actually had a very peaceful sleep.....til I had to go out into the cold back yard at 4:30 am to catch a pee sample from my dog! :wacko: But I did go back and felt rested.

And yes, it is good to be back and to be feeling some positives coming our way. :)

Dropped my daughter at school, then I,

Went to the post office, drug store, butcher shop, car wash, coffee supply store, bakery, water shop, Canadian tire and then wrapped presents and cleaned out the fireplace. Picked up the kid at school and now just going to heat up some steak & cheddar pies from the earlier mentioned butcher shop and back to school for the Christmas concert.
A day at work is easier than a day off!

slett said:
Dropped my daughter at school, then I,

Went to the post office, drug store, butcher shop, car wash, coffee supply store, bakery, water shop, Canadian tire and then wrapped presents and cleaned out the fireplace. Picked up the kid at school and now just going to heat up some steak & cheddar pies from the earlier mentioned butcher shop and back to school for the Christmas concert.
A day at work is easier than a day off!

Oh and I squeezed in some laundry I just realized I have to go fold:)

Ventured out to start Christmas shopping this morning. Replaced the light bulb in the bathroom light/fan fixture only to determine it wasn't the bulb. Something's wrong with the fixture.

of course i don't like being sickkie. but there is something i find weirdly appealing about having a spiking fever. i have to admit i actually enjoy those deliciously shivery chills, pulling a heavy afghan over my head, curling up and blowing moist hot fever-breath onto my hands. that's until the fever breaks--the sweating afterwards is no fun at all....

vitauta said:
of course i don't like being sickkie. but there is something i find weirdly appealing about having a spiking fever. i have to admit i actually enjoy those deliciously shivery chills, pulling a heavy afghan over my head, curling up and blowing moist hot fever-breath onto my hands. that's until the fever breaks--the sweating afterwards is no fun at all....

Vit, you're weird. We love you anyway.

Last edited:
Ventured out to start Christmas shopping this morning. Replaced the light bulb in the bathroom light/fan fixture only to determine it wasn't the bulb. Something's wrong with the fixture.
You weren't using your mixer in the bathroom again were you? I mean flying batter can muck up a fan pretty good! :whistling

Sitting here with the laptop, Kindle by my side, coffee within reach and Christmas tree lit up. AHHH! I am waiting for the inspector to call or show up. Hopefully before noon.

Sitting here with the laptop, Kindle by my side, coffee within reach and Christmas tree lit up. AHHH! I am waiting for the inspector to call or show up. Hopefully before noon.

Which of those is he inspecting? Let me guess...

...the coffee?

Hahahaha! Andy, you're a brat. Nope, the furnace inspector has to come again now that the installer guys have "fixed" all the issues he pointed out last time. I am TIRED of waiting for people to do stuff in my house.

Hahahaha! Andy, you're a brat. Nope, the furnace inspector has to come again now that the installer guys have "fixed" all the issues he pointed out last time. I am TIRED of waiting for people to do stuff in my house.

Man, do I hear that! I'm remodeling my home from the roof down. I guess I've spent more time waiting on money to do the work than waiting on the folks to do the work.

It sure will be nice when it's done! I figure one more year.

Watching 2012 on my new Samsung 32" Full HD LCD TV I won in a competition last week. Looks gorgeous!

Well, I am dressed and waiting for my ride that will be here around 11:30. I am going to a Christmas Luncheon. In the meantime I am watching the funeral of a firefighter that died in a fire last week. One of his son's was in Afghanistan and they flew him back. The firefighter also had another son that is in the Air Force also. And then he has a 14 y.o. who was presented with his father's Medal of Honor. Ironically, this firefighter was serving from the station that was built on the same ground that took the lives of six firefighters in 1999 who died in the same manner. Trapped in a collapsed burning building. His partner who was in the building with him, is carrying his helmut that he was wearing. The whole service is very symbolic of a firefighter. Very moving.

And for you that live in Canada, we also have firefighters here to honor him along with more than two thousand from all over the country. Thank you.

Last edited:
Watching 2012 on my new Samsung 32" Full HD LCD TV I won in a competition last week. Looks gorgeous!
Well, congrats on being the winner! What type of competition was it? Nice tv! That's what size I have also. I love it! I just ordered a bluetooth adapter for the tv. It hooks into the headphone jack and will broadcast to my wireless headphones. Some shows, the sound quality is so poor that I can't understand what is being said unless I crank up the sound to a level I'm sure the neighbors must be able to hear. I'm hoping the bluetooth adapter will resolve that problem.

Man, do I hear that! I'm remodeling my home from the roof down. I guess I've spent more time waiting on money to do the work than waiting on the folks to do the work.

It sure will be nice when it's done! I figure one more year.

Don't you know the rules of remodeling? If they tell you three months, start lookiing at nine months or longer and for the money, it will be more than twice the stated cost. Good luck. :ohmy:

Don't you know the rules of remodeling? If they tell you three months, start lookiing at nine months or longer and for the money, it will be more than twice the stated cost. Good luck. :ohmy:

Ha! I have one guy doing all the work. The man is an expert at anything and everything concerning home construction. He's not real fast, but does perfect work. His pricing is about a third of what everyone else bid and he comes in right on what his estimate was. New roof, new siding, new ceramic tile floors thoughout, and a totally new kitchen, including all new appliances. Painted inside and out. New screen surrounding my outter porch. A huge job, but being done with care and professionalism.

When it's completed, it will be like living in a brand new home! I"ll be too broke to go anywhere, but I'll be happy with my home again!

This was part of my retirement package. I planned it for almost 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom