What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was just thinking "I'll do a cauliflower cheese tomorrow" and then I realised that I haven't actually made a "proper" cauliflower cheese in decades! The reason? I ALWAYS end up throwing lots of other things in there (depending what's in the fridge/larder). So that what I end up producing is never the authentic recipe.

On the one hand it is a little annoying that I can't just do the recipe as it should be done. On the other hand, who can resist a little smoked bacon and some veggies in with all that luscious cheese sauce! :pig:

Hello Katy :)

I wont know the results until Thursday when I go back to see my doctor...the guy said that by law they are not meant to tell you what they can see on the ultrasound...they have before for me, it depends who you get I suppose

Thanks for asking :)

I wont know the results until Thursday when I go back to see my doctor...the guy said that by law they are not meant to tell you what they can see on the ultrasound...they have before for me, it depends who you get I suppose

No worries!

I guess so. Anyway, maybe the results aren't all that obvious to whoever did the scan. Best to get the doctor's views.

I was just thinking "I'll do a cauliflower cheese tomorrow" and then I realised that I haven't actually made a "proper" cauliflower cheese in decades! The reason? I ALWAYS end up throwing lots of other things in there (depending what's in the fridge/larder). So that what I end up producing is never the authentic recipe.

On the one hand it is a little annoying that I can't just do the recipe as it should be done. On the other hand, who can resist a little smoked bacon and some veggies in with all that luscious cheese sauce! :pig:

That sounds like me making macaroni and cheese. All kinds of stuff ends up finding its way in there.

That sounds like me making macaroni and cheese. All kinds of stuff ends up finding its way in there.

Pac, I do hope we are talking proper, home made cheese sauce here? I may take short cuts with other things, but cheese sauce must be made from scratch! (Though the types of cheese are a matter of personal preference of course - tomorrow, it will be good cheddar and Gruyere - and I like to add a little Dijon mustard) :cool:

Kylie, I would say you had a smart technician this time around. Unless he is trained to read it right, he/she could be telling you something that is not true. And it could be information that could be upsetting enough for a patient to not follow through.

I get ultra sounds every six months on both sides of my neck. Anytime I have asked the technician how it looks, I get the standard and right answer. "You will have to ask your doctor." :angel:

Thank you so much SB, that means a lot :)

I am hoping the scans come back all clear, so hope it is not my gall bladder, as my Steve recently had to have his removed :(

Also hope it is not anything like my spleen or appendix...

Cant wait till Thursday, I think it is the not knowing that is really bad too

Kylie, I would say you had a smart technician this time around. Unless he is trained to read it right, he/she could be telling you something that is not true. And it could be information that could be upsetting enough for a patient to not follow through.

I get ultra sounds every six months on both sides of my neck. Anytime I have asked the technician how it looks, I get the standard and right answer. "You will have to ask your doctor." :angel:

Yes, I agree Ads...he knew the right thing to do! He actually said that they dont know as much as a doctor does and so it is not good for them to say as it could be wrong

Thank you so much SB, that means a lot :)

I am hoping the scans come back all clear, so hope it is not my gall bladder, as my Steve recently had to have his removed :(

Also hope it is not anything like my spleen or appendix...

Cant wait till Thursday, I think it is the not knowing that is really bad too

I'm in the "hope all turns out well - I'll say an extra prayer" camp too. Hopefully it's nothing major - maybe it was just a few too many butter chicken dinners? ;)

Pac, I do hope we are talking proper, home made cheese sauce here? I may take short cuts with other things, but cheese sauce must be made from scratch! (Though the types of cheese are a matter of personal preference of course - tomorrow, it will be good cheddar and Gruyere - and I like to add a little Dijon mustard) :cool:

Yes, homemade.

Getting ready to head out for my weekly marketing task. I have to laugh because Tuesday at Kroger, senior citizens are allowed a discount. That means that I'll have to be especially observant when I park my car. Nearly every old codger in my age group has a Lincoln the same color as mine.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom