What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cat was sitting at her desk when she started coughing and all of a sudden blood gushed out of her nose and it looked like she tried to get up and she said something in Romanian and passed out. Carl called 911 for an ambulance and we held Cat while Carl yelled for her Papa I found her keys in her purse and Carl and her Papa followed the ambulance. She didn't wake up but she was breathing and I could feel her pulse and then her Mamma started to cry when they left and I just found out Cat hasn't slept at at all since her Mamma got sick. She's been staying up watching her Mamma and reading on her Nook and none of us knew it. Carl called and said she woke up in the ambulance and was awake when they brought her in and that's all we know. OMG we're so scared!! Her Mamma said she told her she felt dizzy this morning but it was probably from the cold and don't worry about it. I'm sorry I'm bringing bad news but you should know and I just put Cat's name on the board and I cleaned up the blood and we're waiting to hear from Carl. I'll let you know as soon as I hear from him. So sorry to ruin everyone's New Year day.

Lakisha

Now ~Cat's name is on my list. Take care of Mamma and let us know.

Love and prayers going your way. I'll check before I leave in the morning.

Glad to hear you like the TO. Ours is acting up on occasion so a replacement may be soon in order.

There must be something to this smart oven technology. This is the first TO I've used that hasn't overcooked the tops of foods. Breville has my recommendation.

Lakisha, it's good to hear that they got Cat on the road to recovery. You give that girl a good talking to! Cat and her entire family are so blessed to have such caring friends like your, Carl and Gwen. I'm sure you'll all make sure she behaves herself. ;-)

Cat's home. We put her to bed immediately because she could barely walk in Carls bed and she didn't argue, for once. Her Papa said he didn't give a d*** about everyone being sick and he's sharing the sofabed with Carl and Aunt Stela insisted on coming down here and she wasn't leaving until she sat by Cat's bed for a little while. Cat's out COLD! OMG she scared us all to death! She can't be doing this ever ever ever again. We're going to have a good talk with her when she wakes up. She had two of us here!! We could've taken turns watching her Mamma if that's what she wanted! She had help and didn't ask us! Oh I'm so relieved but mad at the same time. Anyway, she's got bronchitis and Carl's going out to fill her meds tomorrow and now Papa and Aunt Stela are exposed so I don't know what'll happen. I called Mama and she said to stay here as long as I need and I'll do it.

Thanks for the thoughts and support for Cat. She needs a LOT of rest and she's gonna get it whether she likes it or not. I hid her Nook in case she gets any ideas!

I think she'll be ok. If there's any changes, I'll let you know. Ogress, don't you worry about Cat. You've got surgery tomorrow and you need to be all ready for it.

We're all going to bed now. Thanks again, and good night!

Lakisha

Lakisha, it's good to hear that they got Cat on the road to recovery. You give that girl a good talking to! Cat and her entire family are so blessed to have such caring friends like your, Carl and Gwen. I'm sure you'll all make sure she behaves herself. ;-)

Oh she'll get a talking to! Thanks, CG. We're blessed to have her and her family too. I'll sit on her if I have to!

Lakisha

Whew. Well that was fun.
My tootsies are still cold. I knew to break out the plastic visor I wear when it's super cold, the kind a grinder would wear to protect his face from sparks, but I guess I should have put on two pair of socks.

Strange, but I saw this morning everyone talking about the storm heading to New England and NYC and low and behold, it had a name, Hercules.
I don't recall it having a name when it dumped snow snow across my state... oh yeah, we called it a "snow storm". :LOL:

Oh she'll get a talking to! Thanks, CG. We're blessed to have her and her family too. I'll sit on her if I have to!

Lakisha

And here I was so concerned with making sure Cat got the fluids into Mama, that I never thought to tell Cat to make sure she was getting hers also. I thought she had more common sense to be taking care of herself also. The urge to put her over my knee right now is so strong.

Water, juices, broth, are the order for the next couple of weeks. Nothing with caffeine. Caffeine is a diuretic and causes loss of fluids.

Lakisha, you are a good friend. The kind everyone should have. Thank you for taking care of our Cat! :angel:

We are going shopping for a new coffee maker! Yay!!! It would be just terrible to be snowed in without coffee!!

Our old coffeemaker was a Hamilton Beach. It served us well for many years so we got another Hamilton Beach. DH is not happy because it takes 11 min to brew instead of the 8 minutes the old one took, but it does 12 cups and I think the old one was only 10 cups. I'm happy....it doesn't leave a puddle on the counter!

Puddles aren't good. Happy coffee making.

I just finished eating two glorious toasted ham and Swiss sandwiches. Just minutes prior I had finished slicing a small ham on my meat slicer. Now to clean it... in a little while...

It says it's no longer available. Does this mean they can't find any more unicorns?

I know you are already gone for your surgery. You are in my prayers and I can't wait til you're back, good as new!

It's not unicorn season at the moment ;o)

PF,
even if you won't read it before, you'll be in my thoughts! Can't wait to see you back here ;o)

@ cat
silly girl - i thought she might have more senses...
ojoj.gif

get well soon!

Cold as crap here and the temp is dropping. Lots of wind, too. Brought the brass monkey in last night and need to give the witch an insulated bra. Brrrrrrr!

At the moment I'm sitting in the living room looking out the front windows at the birds swarming the feeder and the suet cage. I filled the feeder yesterday morning and put a fresh cake of suet out because I knew they'd need fuel today. Both stations are doing a brisk business.

Glad I made more suet yesterday. The three remaining cakes will be put out and eaten by the weekend I'm pretty sure. I think I have enough peanut butter to make 4 more cakes, which I should probably do in anticipation of the approaching cold weather.

Wow, I take 24 hours off and all this happens.

PF, you are probably gone, but I send you hugs and you know you are in my heart and prayers.

Lakisha, it seems there is a lot of prayer needed where you are and you got it! Tell Cat, she is not good for her family if she doesn't look after herself.

Pac, TB uses the TO for just about everything! Glad you are liking it.

I am trying to clean up holiday season 2013 while taking pain breaks. Monkey is making it um, "interesting"? by getting into the decoration boxes, grabbing the ribbons as I try to wind them, and just having pure kitten fun! :LOL:

I think it's time to quit picking on Cat for trying to be a good daughter. I think she has learned the lesson.

It's only common sense that one must care for the caregiver if one has any experience with this sort of thing. It can be personal experience, seeing it, being told about it, whatever. It's really not that obvious until you know about it. I would probably have made the same mistake at Cat's age. I'll bet that lots of you would too.

The groups that help caregivers are continuously repeating "Care for the caregiver. You can't take care of someone if you don't take care of yourself." They repeat this to middle aged people taking care of their elderly parents. They tell people with a lot more life experience than Cat has.

Now it's time to stop the "Give her a good talking to", "Take her over my knee", etc., etc. Cat will read this thread and understand. She is paying the price. She doesn't need it rubbed in. We should have told her.

/end rant

....we got another Hamilton Beach. DH is not happy because it takes 11 min to brew instead of the 8 minutes the old one took...

I bet the new one has that cheater switch in the coffee basket bottom. If it has a spring you can sneak a cup while it's brewing and the drip stops while the pot is off the burner. Himself does that with our pot, then remembers that the coffee is a wee bit stronger when he takes his first sip. :-D

Back
Top Bottom