What are you preparing today for tomorrow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's 3:30am in the morning in Texas (I arrived few days ago and loving every minute of it) (though I'm on I Kazakhstan time--3:30pm) and I'm wide awake and starting on my 3rd pie. I've already made 1 pumpkin and 1 chocolate pecan pie and now am repeating myself waiting on a pumpkin pie which will be followed by...................guess? I will also be making an assorted appetizer tray with olives stuffed with garlic(store bought), sweet pickled cherry peppers, JKath's stuffed cucumbers, and assorted fresh veggies with Ranch Dip.

My daughter in law's family kindly invited us over tomorrow and it's so nice not to have to cook the main meal. I sent them a nice Thanksgiving floral arrangement and heard from them today on how gorgeous it was. Made me really feel good.

I also made some homemade crescent dinner rolls.

I know most of you are going to be very busy with families, dinners tomorrow but it's nice to sit down while the pie is baking and just pfffffffffffffffffttttttttttt...........

Have a great Thanksgiving y'all, families, food, fun,.......warts and all..............

Do you sleep????? Ever?????

I'm very fond of saying 'sleep is over rated'. I dont' mean it....but I say it all the time.;)

Today, for breakfast I made Irish oatmeal with chopped banana pralines, grilled strawberry and marscapone sandwiches. So far today, I smoked a ham, got the turkey stuffed and in the oven, wrapped a brie in pastry dough, put the christmas lights outside (that took 2 hours, with help), finished the escarole soup, made the antipasto platter, got both types of potatoes boiling. My daughter made the breads, is making the mushrooms now. My dad is slicing the ham. My brother in law just cut the Xs into the chestnuts.
Lou is riding his bike....he's on the 14 mile ride. I wish I was with him!

It's about an hour to cocktail time.

Well, since no one in my family made any plans to spend the holiday together, hubby and I are spending a quite Thanksgiving together. I have made some deviled eggs to munch on. Also attempting to make my own pie crust for a home made pumpkin pie... I'll let you know if that turns out of now. For dinner, it will be a cornish hen (just enough for 2), wild rice and green veggie, have not decided yet on broccoli or green beans. So that is our Thanksgiving... quiet, small, but meaningful!

Apple pie is out of the oven.
Turkey breast just went in.
Dough for dinner rolls, mixing.
Mojito in hand.
Holiday spirit, in the soul.

Back
Top Bottom