What have you appreciated today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i was appreciating plenty of stuff. my wacky felines in thier cuteness, work, soap, prayer, pens, school, discusscooking,.....
what are you thankful for today?:)

Last edited:
Good thread luvs! I appreciated that the weather was really nice ( cool and crisp air, sunny) I love early spring weather. I walked alot today too on my own then took my dog with me. I did some gardening. My daughter took her first driving lesson today too! Many things to appreciate today.

The Weather.

Actually, 'appreciate' isn't a good word. What I actually said was "maybe the %@!! rain has finally stopped!" We had three consecutive days of sun and that hasn't happened since September.

My parents. They came over for lunch and a nice visit. I don't only appreciate them, I love them very much.

First, that I woke up this morning!!
I appreciate my family, my home, I appreciate that I have a job, like it or not.
I'll really appreciate tomorrow if I get a phone call that I get another car:LOL:

I appriciate all the good things in my life. My DH, my four children, my beautiful grandchildren and the fact that I can care for them as their parents work each day. My home, my belief in HIM,how much my parents did for me and my sister..Those who aren't with us anymore and how dear they were and are. The beautiful sunny day, the roses blooming by the back gate and across the front of the yard..Seeing birds in the sky..Little things we take for granted that hug today from Ethan who was cranky because he hurt his fingers but gave me one anyway when I didn't expect it, Cade helping me clean up the dogs water after Carson decided to take a bath in it, Carson's grin as I changed his cloths, Olivia who is now smiling and wiggles all over when she does. And all of you, who are here anytime you're needed with comfort, laughter and lots of hugs..
Kadesma:)

i'm appreciating this- buddy that i am in LOVE with spoke to me a few ago! :w00t: georgous! luv & hugs!
i'm also smiling seeing our crew being appreciative.

Last edited:
vyapti said:
The Weather.

Actually, 'appreciate' isn't a good word. What I actually said was "maybe the %@!! rain has finally stopped!" We had three consecutive days of sun and that hasn't happened since September.[/quote

So thats a good day when it doesnt rain there! I've been to Oregon once ( Portland) and it was really nice. That was my first and only time seeing the pacific ocean. I happened to get to Washington by error too lol, I didnt know about the bridge and one ways :)

The summers are great, warm and sunny most of the time. But the rainy season is that and more. My parents drove down from Eastern Washington and, in 4 days, it rained more in Eugene than it did the entire year up there.

Some Times

Some times it is hard to appreciate as opposed to complain. My life has been a mess over the last 5 years, but you know, I am alive, I am healthy, and I have this day to turn it all around and I pray that I have the next day to do the same. God Bless every one here and I hope that you appreciate what life has given you, some things are harder to appreciate than others, but it all has a purpose!

sattie said:
Some times it is hard to appreciate as opposed to complain. My life has been a mess over the last 5 years, but you know, I am alive, I am healthy, and I have this day to turn it all around and I pray that I have the next day to do the same. God Bless every one here and I hope that you appreciate what life has given you, some things are harder to appreciate than others, but it all has a purpose!

Sometimes its hard to see good things when life has got you down... but you know what? There are good things everyday. They dont have to be huge. It could be something as simple as having a purring kitty sitting on your lap comforting you, or the sun shining brightly in the sky. Maybe it's catching a warm breeze while sitting on your deck outside or hearing the birds first thing in the morning. I know this all probably sounds corny, but if you try to find a little bit of happiness and goodness in every day (even on the days that are REALLY difficult for whatever reason) it makes a huge difference in how you can handle the hard times.

grumblebee said:
Sometimes its hard to see good things when life has got you down... but you know what? There are good things everyday. They dont have to be huge. It could be something as simple as having a purring kitty sitting on your lap comforting you, or the sun shining brightly in the sky. Maybe it's catching a warm breeze while sitting on your deck outside or hearing the birds first thing in the morning. I know this all probably sounds corny, but if you try to find a little bit of happiness and goodness in every day (even on the days that are REALLY difficult for whatever reason) it makes a huge difference in how you can handle the hard times.

Not corny at all!!!! Those simple things can clear the air for a moment and allows your mind to reflect on the wonderments of the world. You are so very true grumblebee!!!!!

I'm appreciating Advil, my paycheck (just arrived whooee!), sunshine and my family that I love so much.

I like this thread luvs. Good reminder to appreciate stuff everyday. We so often get caught up in our worries and cares we forget to stop and say thanks for what we have.

HURRAY FOR ADVIL!!! I'm semi-handicapped due to a leg injury/surgery, & of course now arthritis & rheumatism have set in. Advil has become my best friend - lol!!

Today I most appreciate having wonderful parents, having my own 21-acre farm - something I thought I'd NEVER ever have - the absolute lovliness of the day, & an actual "plan" as to what I'm going to make for dinner - lol!!!

i appreciate my buddy asking me to be the best man in his wedding. it'll mean a trip to ireland next year, so i'm keeping fingers crossed that i'll be able to make it.
i appreciate that i'm getting to take a dayy off tomorrow to work on the yard and garden.
spring is here, my lawn is starting to look good, and the veggie garden is going in tomorrow, a few weeks earkier than in a normal year. i was able to sucessfully harden off the seedlings very early this year since it's been a fairly warm spring. gonna have termaters before the 4th, i hope.

dw wants to hire a landscaper since my time is so limited, but i don't think she understands that i actually like taking care of the lawn. it's a guy thing.

Back
Top Bottom