"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-26-2006, 07:39 PM   #1
Master Chef

What have you appreciated today?

i was appreciating plenty of stuff. my wacky felines in thier cuteness, work, soap, prayer, pens, school, discusscooking,.....
what are you thankful for today?

Old 04-26-2006, 07:43 PM   #2
Executive Chef

my kids. I love them more than anything.
dh.
It's rainy again today, so I'm thankful for the 3 days of beautiful sunshine we had last weekend.
dc. what would I do without you guys?
health.
happiness.
love.
and all the rest...

Old 04-26-2006, 07:50 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Good thread luvs! I appreciated that the weather was really nice ( cool and crisp air, sunny) I love early spring weather. I walked alot today too on my own then took my dog with me. I did some gardening. My daughter took her first driving lesson today too! Many things to appreciate today.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:58 PM   #4
Sous Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to vyapti
The Weather.

Actually, 'appreciate' isn't a good word. What I actually said was "maybe the %@!! rain has finally stopped!" We had three consecutive days of sun and that hasn't happened since September.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:59 PM   #5
Executive Chef

My parents. They came over for lunch and a nice visit. I don't only appreciate them, I love them very much.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:04 PM   #6
Master Chef

First, that I woke up this morning!!
I appreciate my family, my home, I appreciate that I have a job, like it or not.
I'll really appreciate tomorrow if I get a phone call that I get another car
Old 04-26-2006, 08:24 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

I appriciate all the good things in my life. My DH, my four children, my beautiful grandchildren and the fact that I can care for them as their parents work each day. My home, my belief in HIM,how much my parents did for me and my sister..Those who aren't with us anymore and how dear they were and are. The beautiful sunny day, the roses blooming by the back gate and across the front of the yard..Seeing birds in the sky..Little things we take for granted that hug today from Ethan who was cranky because he hurt his fingers but gave me one anyway when I didn't expect it, Cade helping me clean up the dogs water after Carson decided to take a bath in it, Carson's grin as I changed his cloths, Olivia who is now smiling and wiggles all over when she does. And all of you, who are here anytime you're needed with comfort, laughter and lots of hugs..
Kadesma
Old 04-26-2006, 09:31 PM   #8
Master Chef

i'm appreciating this- buddy that i am in LOVE with spoke to me a few ago! georgous! luv & hugs!
i'm also smiling seeing our crew being appreciative.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:45 PM   #9
Executive Chef

[quote=vyapti]The Weather.

Actually, 'appreciate' isn't a good word. What I actually said was "maybe the %@!! rain has finally stopped!" We had three consecutive days of sun and that hasn't happened since September.[/quote

So thats a good day when it doesnt rain there! I've been to Oregon once ( Portland) and it was really nice. That was my first and only time seeing the pacific ocean. I happened to get to Washington by error too lol, I didnt know about the bridge and one ways
Old 04-26-2006, 09:53 PM   #10
Sous Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to vyapti
The summers are great, warm and sunny most of the time. But the rainy season is that and more. My parents drove down from Eastern Washington and, in 4 days, it rained more in Eugene than it did the entire year up there.