"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-02-2014, 01:21 PM   #12521
Master Chef

Addie, could it be so that you can tell us how lucky you are to live at the coast in July and August, enjoying that cooling breeze off the ocean, while we're all in the 90s and dying out here inland?

Meanwhile, inland... Yesterday's forecast promised sunny and "near 60" today. So far all we've had is cloudy and "we lied". We've managed to work our way into the middle-upper 40s though. Woop. Eee.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:42 AM   #12522
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Addie, could it be so that you can tell us how lucky you are to live at the coast in July and August, enjoying that cooling breeze off the ocean, while we're all in the 90s and dying out here inland?

Meanwhile, inland... Yesterday's forecast promised sunny and "near 60" today. So far all we've had is cloudy and "we lied". We've managed to work our way into the middle-upper 40s though. Woop. Eee.
Your turn will come when a Nor'easter comes ashore and I swear I can see my double pane windows bending inward.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:01 PM   #12523
Chef Extraordinaire

It started snowing about 4 00 today. We are supposed to get 10". It's still snowing at 9 pm
Old 04-03-2014, 10:20 PM   #12524
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
It started snowing about 4 00 today. We are supposed to get 10". It's still snowing at 9 pm
Gah! Please don't send it our way SB!

We got up to mid 40's, but with the rain it felt colder. Beagle didn't get her full walk today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-363124097.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	263.0 KB
ID:	21050
Old 04-04-2014, 12:42 AM   #12525
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Your turn will come when a Nor'easter comes ashore and I swear I can see my double pane windows bending inward.
Don't worry, we get plenty of snow and wind out here with the coastal nor'easters. At least we've never had winds of 100 MPH here like we got back in OH during the Blizzard of '78. We do get quite a few bouts of freezing rain out our way every winter, enough to coat the north and east windows for a day or so. And a luge run instead of a driveway!
Old 04-04-2014, 09:51 AM   #12526
Executive Chef

57 degrees and raining. April showers bring May flowers.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:05 PM   #12527
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

It's icky. Cloudy, REALLY windy and 38F, though it feels much colder. (Weather report says it feels like 28 with wind chill.) Blech.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:28 PM   #12528
Master Chef

I feel so sorry for you guys, I know how you feel.. we had it last spring, cold, grey, snowy or rainy.. in the first three months of 2013 there were just 3 days where the sun showed up for a few hours..

Fortunately that was last year; this one is much better. It felt a bit like summer the last three days with a high of 24C/75F. Today the needed rain arrived and it's a bit colder, but okay, it's the beginning of April and we need rain..
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:50 PM   #12529
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
It's 4C (39F) and overcast. But, it's bright enough to need sunglasses. Feels like the beginning of Spring to me.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:04 PM   #12530
Master Chef

Overcast and in the 40s again here. More importantly, it's still raining in Cleveland. And the Indians have their home opener today. Sure hope those clouds move along quickly - they figure the game should start within an hour of the scheduled 3:05 start time. Play ball!