What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looked so nice outside with the sun shining today until you go outside, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr High of only 15F it's 9F now in SE S.D.

Another beautiful New England winter day (2012 version)! Temps approaching 50º F and sunny. A snow storm is approaching and will be here tomorrow. We could get up to 6", the biggest single snowfall of the season!

We started out in the 30’s, then steadily decreased. Wind picked up, and a light dusting of snow. Currently 22° here along the river, with a wind chill of 12°. Revision: now it's snowing, hard!

Last edited:
It was snowing thickly this morning...35°F...then "poof" it all melted. It has now started to rain and snow. It's 34°F now.

66F this morning after a "cold" front came through last night, bringing overnight showers. Even cooler forecast for tomorrow morning - low in the 40's.

-14C (7F), feels like -23C (-9F) and it's overcast. We got a dusting of ~1-2 cm last night around 3h00, when I was driving home. At least there wasn't much traffic.

30°F, feels like 19°F, still with rain and snow mixed. I was supposed to go to the Heart Expo today, but they are asking folks to stay home if you don't have to go anywhere. Which means all the crazies are out driving.

30°F, feels like 19°F, still with rain and snow mixed. I was supposed to go to the Heart Expo today, but they are asking folks to stay home if you don't have to go anywhere. Which means all the crazies are out driving.

There are two times I stay in the warmth of my home. New Years Eve and when they ask that you stay off the roads if you have nowhere important to go. You know all the nuts of the world are on the road those times.

I used to be one of them. I live only a block from the Atlantic. When we would get a Nor'easter me and my friends would head for the beach and watch high tide come in. We ran more than once when a BIG wave was coming in. I would probably do it today if I was healthy enough. But sitting in the warmth of a car with the engine running in case a wave comes over the wall. Everytime we have a Nor'easter, you can see all the nuts on TV that go out and surf or try their hand at wave chasing. Oddly enough, no one ever gets washed out to sea. Live here long enough, and you get to know which waves are truly dangerous. You can spot them coming in from far off shore. Lots of fun. :ohmy:

As predicted, our cold wave arrived yesterday. Well, actually, on Friday.

Yesterday was quite cold. The high barely above freezing, with plenty of wind.

So far, today, the thermometer hasn't reached the freezing mark. At least, though, the wind has died down. Yesterday it blew at about 20 mph most of the day and into the night last night.

It's sunny but uncomfortably cold and we're told this is the way it will be for a few more days...and colder. No precip and less brutal winds are part of the forecast, too. Glad of that.

Okay, I'll be inside by the fireplace with my sweetheart.

Sunny, very sunny and bright. -17C (1F), feels like -26C (-14F). I had a look at the 14 day forecast and it looks like maple syrup should start running in a week or so.

My weather is similar to Taxlady.....high of -10C today (14F). Cold but sunny. If it warms up, it snows. Worst part is that our country roads (we live on one) are very icy, slippery to drive upon.

How does everyone stay cheery in bad weather?

My weather is similar to Taxlady.....high of -10C today (14F). Cold but sunny. If it warms up, it snows. Worst part is that our country roads (we live on one) are very icy, slippery to drive upon.

That's what schnapps is for:LOL:

30°F, rain and snow mix. I'm getting out the spot heater for those rare instances I feel cold.

today has been full of sunshine with the bluest of skies. but don't be fooled--temps barely in the teens this morning, and never reaching above freezing all day. fairly routine winter fare, i suppose, but we haven't been exposed to much winter this season, so brrrr.....

I turn on all the lights in my apartment (I dont have a light bill to pay.)and close all the blinds. I don't see the weather outside. And I don't watch the weather reports. They don't get them right anyway.

Son #1 stopped by today with Teddy Bear and he had on his woolen coat with a hood. This silly dog has a Martha Stewart bathrobe. So it must have been really cold outside. I don't have to go out until Thursday. So I am nice and snuggy warm. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom