What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:LOL: Speaking from experience, I recently had to survive horrendously hot hot days in Ontario and North Dakota, and no A/C to be found, except in my car.

I don't have AC in my car!

Of course that is because in Britain I would only need it about 2 days a year on average.... :(

I guess the training school is there because that is where the expertise is.

I couldn't do what you do PF. Hats off to you.

(Oh, and that means "kudos" - I must remember to be less English!)

You don't have to be less English...just know we will ask if you say something we don't understand. You just stay you and let us play catch up. My best friend's Mother was from England, I get lots of what you say.

I love my job, it is the most fun I can have while keeping my clothes on.:rolleyes:

:LOL: Speaking from experience, I recently had to survive horrendously hot hot days in Ontario and North Dakota, and no A/C to be found, except in my car.

That's 'cuz you bought a fan...I would have bought an AC...:rolleyes: I would have also tried to get my sister to fit in the box it came in...:cool:

That's 'cuz you bought a fan...I would have bought an AC...:rolleyes: I would have also tried to get my sister to fit in the box it came in...:cool:

Indeed. But I would have had to hit her with the fan. Which may have given her the right fold marks in order to fit her into the box. :LOL:

You don't have to be less English...just know we will ask if you say something we don't understand. You just stay you and let us play catch up. My best friend's Mother was from England, I get lots of what you say.

I love my job, it is the most fun I can have while keeping my clothes on.:rolleyes:

Oh. Thank you! I have been chatting with a friend in AZ for many years and there is a definite "language difference". We are enjoying translating "English to American" and vice versa - it's fun! :)

I have also been to see my friend in AZ and we were visiting Tombstone when I went to the loo (bathroom). A lady asked me the time and (having no watch on) I said I had no idea. Hearing my accent, she replied "are you from Wisconsin?"

So maybe I sound like someone from Wisconsin? (Do they sound weird?) :LOL:

Oh. Thank you! I have been chatting with a friend in AZ for many years and there is a definite "language difference". We are enjoying translating "English to American" and vice versa - it's fun! :)

I have also been to see my friend in AZ and we were visiting Tombstone when I went to the loo (bathroom). A lady asked me the time and (having no watch on) I said I had no idea. Hearing my accent, she replied "are you from Wisconsin?"

Heck no. They sound like folks from Minnesota, North Dakota, Manitoba, and Ontario!

ROFL!!!!

I have friends from New Zealand and Australia, too...at least I can tell the different accents apart.

It's cooling off because we have a thunderstorm (very little thunder at the moment) and it is pouring. It's down to 25C, feels like 33C. I am appreciating the new AC. The house is still at 25C, but the humidity in the house is down to 55.

We have a severe thunderstorm watch and lightening alerts. 18 lightening strikes in my area since the disturbance started. The thunderstorm watch comes with warnings of possible high winds, hail, and tornadoes.

I love thunderstorms! (As long as I am not out in them of course.) We rarely get them here though.

Today, it was back to incredible blue skies, 30C/86f and a light breeze.

It's cooling off because we have a thunderstorm (very little thunder at the moment) and it is pouring. It's down to 25C, feels like 33C. I am appreciating the new AC. The house is still at 25C, but the humidity in the house is down to 55.

We have a severe thunderstorm watch and lightening alerts. 18 lightening strikes in my area since the disturbance started. The thunderstorm watch comes with warnings of possible high winds, hail, and tornadoes.

:clap: for the AC and lower humidity. :ohmy: for the weather warnings. Stay safe. My fingers are crossed that you don't lose power! You'd have a little problem with that AC keeping you cool. ;)

:clap: for the AC and lower humidity. :ohmy: for the weather warnings. Stay safe. My fingers are crossed that you don't lose power! You'd have a little problem with that AC keeping you cool. ;)
Actually, we did lose power for about 20-30 minutes. But it the house was already cooled enough to help.

I should have spotted this earlier, but yes, absolutely ditto this! And I hope your power outage was a brief, one-off Taxlady!

Katy, do you have air conditioning over there?

I ask because I have not known any English people that have air conditioning in their homes as it doesn't get "that" hot to make it worthwhile

I should have spotted this earlier, but yes, absolutely ditto this! And I hope your power outage was a brief, one-off Taxlady!
It was a short outage, but I can't call it a one-off. It's the fourth one this month. As I mentioned somewhere, the forest fires in the James Bay area are wreaking havoc with the power transmission lines.

Well, the thunder is gone, for now. It is only raining lightly, but we more thunderstorm watches.

Katy, do you have air conditioning over there?

I ask because I have not known any English people that have air conditioning in their homes as it doesn't get "that" hot to make it worthwhile

No air con in my flat. Just a big fan in my living room! (No air con in my car either!)

And you are dead right Kylie - the hot spell we are having now is VERY unusual. Mostly, we are concerned about keeping warm and dry! :(

So no, I don't know anyone with air con in their home.

My friend in Arizona once mentioned her "swamp" thing on her roof and I fell about laughing! Turns out it is some kind of air con thing! Who knew? :LOL: Mind you, they really need AC in Arizona! Phew - is it hot there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom