What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are silly, it's supposed to get down to 55F tonight and I'm going to open the window wider. Tired of sweating in my sleep. No extra blankets or anything.
:LOL:

Hey! You have 2 cats that double as blankets. I have 1 sheet stealing beagle.
:ROFLMAO:

It's 60 degrees, the upstairs windows are wide open, the fan is in the front hallway window, pulling the cool air in from the wooded backyard and blowing it out the front...and I'm freezing. And loving every goosebump! From the forecast I have only two days of this before it gets warm and muggy again. :wacko:

And it's back to "normal" for me. 19C/66f and a thick blanket of grey cloud. It rained last night and at the moment humidity is at 94% - expected to drop to around 55% later this afternoon.

Ah well, the lovely sun was never going to last forever. :(

:LOL::ROFLMAO:

It's 60 degrees, the upstairs windows are wide open, the fan is in the front hallway window, pulling the cool air in from the wooded backyard and blowing it out the front...and I'm freezing. And loving every goosebump! From the forecast I have only two days of this before it gets warm and muggy again. :wacko:

I have my window wide open and the wind is blowing right in. I get cold easily, so I had to go for my shawl. I refuse to lower the window. I will enjoy this as long as I can. :angel:

And it's back to "normal" for me. 19C/66f and a thick blanket of grey cloud. It rained last night and at the moment humidity is at 94% - expected to drop to around 55% later this afternoon.

Ah well, the lovely sun was never going to last forever. :(

:wacko:And to think I always wanted to visit Good Ole Merry England. What was I thinking. Maybe it was all those sunny days I see in the sitcoms you folks send over to us. :angel:

:wacko:And to think I always wanted to visit Good Ole Merry England. What was I thinking. Maybe it was all those sunny days I see in the sitcoms you folks send over to us. :angel:

I'm not sure England has ever been all that "merry" Addie! :LOL: It certainly hasn't been sunny! (This spell of a fortnight of good weather is the first we've had for something like 7 years!) Mostly, we are lucky if we get a whole day of sunshine and warmth.

Yikes - this all sounds like I don't love my country! I do!! (I just don't love the weather!) But Britain is a great place to visit - specially if you love historic buildings - we have tons of castles and stately homes. :) (Just bring a brolly and a jumper... and maybe some thermal underwear...) :ROFLMAO:

Sunny and 72 degrees this morning. We ended up having quite the downpour yesterday afternoon with a little tiny hail mixed in. So far today looks sunny. :)

I'm not sure England has ever been all that "merry" Addie! :LOL: It certainly hasn't been sunny! (This spell of a fortnight of good weather is the first we've had for something like 7 years!) Mostly, we are lucky if we get a whole day of sunshine and warmth.

Yikes - this all sounds like I don't love my country! I do!! (I just don't love the weather!) But Britain is a great place to visit - specially if you love historic buildings - we have tons of castles and stately homes. :) (Just bring a brolly and a jumper... and maybe some thermal underwear...) :ROFLMAO:

My first husband was born in Cockermouth, Cumberland County. When my youngest daughter was ten, her father took her to England and she got to see all the tourist sites of London, then he took her to Cockermouth to show her where he grew up. I would have loved to have the other kids see it also. He said that it rained the whole month they were there. She never noticed. :angel:

85 yesterday (technically 87.5), 58 today. Hmm, seems about right. At the moment it's an Aussie kind of day - raining down in buckets! Also have rumbles of thunder - do you guys get thunder Kylie?

You think if it's going to be cooler it could at least be dry so I could do some gardening, but no. By the time the rainy weather ends we're back to mid-80s and humid. Can't catch a break this year...unless you want to talk about my toe...:ermm:

My first husband was born in Cockermouth, Cumberland County. When my youngest daughter was ten, her father took her to England and she got to see all the tourist sites of London, then he took her to Cockermouth to show her where he grew up. I would have loved to have the other kids see it also. He said that it rained the whole month they were there. She never noticed. :angel:

Ah, that is way up north! I haven't been to Cockermouth - the nearest I got was when I spent a long weekend in the Lake District (which is a little way south but still in Cumbria). Rain for a whole month sounds about right! :LOL:

That said, after my post earlier saying about the thick clouds - the sun came out at lunchtime and it has been back to blue skies and 25C/77f since then. :)

Katy, it's an old vent from June. Probably from before you were here? Otherwise you would have see my too-many posts complaining about it. :LOL: Starts on page 177 of the "Venting" thread (yes, I looked it up for you :flowers: ) and pretty much weaves in and out for a few days. Reader's Digest version, in case you don't want to read it all, is I ran into a piece of furniture, hurt my toe - could be broken, could be sprained. Still bothers me a little but I can walk and all so I'm still :).

Katy, it's an old vent from June. Probably from before you were here? Otherwise you would have see my too-many posts complaining about it. :LOL: Starts on page 177 of the "Venting" thread (yes, I looked it up for you :flowers: ) and pretty much weaves in and out for a few days. Reader's Digest version, in case you don't want to read it all, is I ran into a piece of furniture, hurt my toe - could be broken, could be sprained. Still bothers me a little but I can walk and all so I'm still :).

Yep, June is before my time. I know it seems like I've been here tormenting everyone for years, but it's actually only been about 2 weeks would you believe?? :-p

I am going to go and read your toe saga now (as you were so sweet as to send me a link!) :D

A gorgeous 81°F. Floated around the pool on my floaty thing reading my Kindle in it's waterproof case, and the rugrats were only there briefly, then they left. These were the polite rugrats, not the obnoxious imported ones who get keys from friends and who don't live here.

Last edited:
85 yesterday (technically 87.5), 58 today. Hmm, seems about right. At the moment it's an Aussie kind of day - raining down in buckets! Also have rumbles of thunder - do you guys get thunder Kylie?

You think if it's going to be cooler it could at least be dry so I could do some gardening, but no. By the time the rainy weather ends we're back to mid-80s and humid. Can't catch a break this year...unless you want to talk about my toe...:ermm:

I had to go to Winthrop this morning. Now the place where I go is just a short block from the ocean. It was high tide and the waves, driven by were wind, were whipping against the sea wall. I always go to the store to get a hot coffee when I am there and to have a cigarette outside. I know it is always cooler there than here. So I wore a sweater. I should have worn a coat. It was so windy and cold. More like Fall than Summer. I had one fast cigarette. Couldn't wait to get back inside.

BTW, we have only had a couple of sprinkles. I could say "Ha, Ha" but I won't. It will come back to bite me. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom