What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I started out in the suburbs of Philadelphia, but most of my childhood I was in the suburbs of Pittsburgh. Every community had it's own school, and we had sidewalks, so we could walk. That early in the morning, most sidewalks were not shoveled, but we just plowed our way through. As a kid, it was fun.

We had snow days up here in Erie. Moreso as my education progressed, or maybe I just knew the reason there was no school that day.

We barely got a dusting last night on top of the snow we already had. Not enough to even shovel. Yay.

We are supposed to get 1-3 today through tomorrow. Nothing here yet. It's 31 right now. Our neighbor across the street shovels every half hour. I think he has nothing to do.

It's 7 above zero for a high. The sun sure felt good today. Low tonight of -17, with a windchill of -27. Brrrr

It's fuzzing cold! -1°F, supposed to get to -13. But only 35 days more or less until Spring!

Yep, almost halfway through Feb.
We got another dusting last night. This dusting on top of last dusting means it's snow removal time again.

Reluctant to look outside, I know I'm going to have to clear the car off and get it out of the parking lot BEFORE the plow goes through. Yup another inch of snow for a grand total of 7 inches over the last three days! I just hope the snow pack is getting built up in the mountains.

It's snowing here, too. And in the low teens.
Makes for a bitter day and I have to drive into the "snow belt" today.

-8°C (18°F). I just stepped outside for a couple of minutes wearing a long sleeved t-shirt, leggings, and thin, cotton knit "leisure pants. It was fine. Of course, that was just outside my back door where there is next to no breeze.

I am in the upstate of SC. They are predicting a very good snow here for tomorrow and Weds. We rarely get snow of any significance. So it s big deal. My area is predicting upwards of 10 inches or more. This will cripple this area for days to come.

We have not had any significant snowfall since 2011. The last blizzard was in 20 years ago and we got over 14 inches.
The setup is exactly the same and they calling for the same amount of snow. I sure hope its a repeat!

I Agree

When I went to school we never had a snow day in 12 years of school. No school busses. We walked. Sometimes the teachers didn't make it.

Carol, I grew up in Pittsburgh years ago, and we had some epic snow storms. But we had few snow days that I can recall. In order for us to have a snow day, the snow had to be measured in "feet", not inches.

Holy, um, fuzz! We're supposed to get the coldest day of the year tomorrow. As if our current 2°F isn't cold enough. At least no snow is predicted here along the Mighty Mississippi, it's just too cold to snow!

"Too cold to snow"? Now you've doomed yourself Dawg! :ermm:

We're getting daily highs in the lows 30s the first half of this week. Sun has been nice too, since I can actually use the sun room without needing to turn its heat on (electric baseboard since our forced-air system in the house would have been a bear to extend out there). BUT, and there is always a "but" during winter, we're due to get snow very late Wednesday night, messing up Thursday and, possibly, dragging into Friday and Saturday. So long as I get to the grocery store by Wednesday we'll be good.

One thing to say about my excursion into the snow belt today, the highways were bone dry. I don't mind that kind of winter driving at all.

We beat the record lowest temperature for our area for this date, set in 1885. -22°F. It's all the way up to 8°F now, and sunny.

This whole winter has sucked, hasn't it? Right now we're also on record for having the second coldest winter since 1905. Expecting a warm up later this week, which might push us back to the third coldest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom