What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite windy and it's been spitting snow since about 9 a.m. Temp is about 35F. Not enough snow to worry about, but the sky is grey and the whole outside environment is really, really gloomy. Not conducive to being very productive. A very lazy day in this house.

Well, we went to Roma bundled up in our milan coats, and were stripping of layers, until I was just in my dress with my coat and cardies over my arms and was still warm. The oranges and lemons dripping with fruit put my struggling little potted lemon to shame. Back in Milan its supposed to be a bout 7 degrees celcius, but we are still quite warm, and our flat, usually a fridge, is not so cold.

It's beautiful here today, about 70, bright sun, just great for doing clean up on the patio. We had weeks of frost and did it ever take out many of my plants and ferns..So I've been running back and forth between kitchen and patio..But it feels wonderful...
kadesma

We have about 4" of new snow. It's been terribly cold (6 degrees yesterday morning), but the wind is blowing in some warmer air. It may get up to 50 next Tuesday.

As you all know, I live in the country. I got up in the wee hours this morning and looked out the window to see a big buck eating ivy in the woods behind the house. I was amused to see that he had snow piled up on his back just like it would on your car.
We feed the birds in the winter, and they were really hungry today. There was such a traffic jam at the bird feeder, that I threw out stale cornbread and biscuits to suppliment. Even the towhees came up from the river bottoms.

Crappy. We now have a total snow accumulation of 18 inches. Yes that is no typo. These are the times when enjoy having a full size 4x4. Last week we had a low of -11 (and that wasn't wind chill). It is supposed to warm up monday to 40 (it will seem like a heat wave).

It 12:10pm and right now we have 10degrees. No wind tonight but still very chilly. We had quite a bit of snow earlier this week and about 1-2 more inches today, but still nothing compared to other parts of the country.

Yesterday morning it was 18 in the back yard and 19 in the front. DD, GS and I went to my mother's for a visit. We made a couple of stops on the way and it was cold and windy. Even the birdbath in the front was frozen solid.

It is nice here today. The weather network says it is 4C but my thermometer says 9C.
I am going to go for a walk and enjoy this nice weather. :cool:

C F
-40 -40
-35 -31
-30 -22
-25 -13
-20 -4
-15 5
-10 14
-5 23
0 32 <-water freezes
4 39
5 41
9 48
10 50
15 59
20 68
25 77
30 86
35 95
40 104
45 113
50 122
55 131
60 140
65 149
70 158
75 167
80 176
85 185
90 194
95 203
100 212 <-water boils

We have had snow , sleet, freezing rain, more snow and sleet mixed together and then all snow. Along with this we have very high winds all day. At 9:15 pm tonight we are hearing thunder. Amazing!:glare:

Quiet at the moment. We greeted the day with lots of lightning and heavy thunder. One clap of thunder rattled the whole house. When that happened I was sitting at the computer in our home office and I noticed the windows rattling. It was quite a rock 'n roll.

Lots of rain for most of the rest of the day. It's the season here. We'll have storms off and on through spring. Just part of living in this area.

Right now we are getting freezing rain, everything is coated with ice, had some snow last night.

Now its up to 32, doing nothing -cloudy,dreary too !

Last edited:
Wonder if we'll get the tail end of the storm, kadesma? Hope so!
It's clear sunny and cool here. I prefer dark cold wet days, but I was hoping for sun since dh took the kids to the race today.

Forecast was for freezing rain, but it's snowing huge flakes now, with a few inches so far on top of the ice that was there at 3:30 am. They'll probably cancel school tomorrow, but that means I don't have to fight rush hour traffic to babysit for my stepdaughter.
It's so pretty outside right now, very heavy wet snow all over the branches. :unsure:

Yucky weather

Snowy and windy. The snow is blowing all over the place, just making it miserable. This morning I woke up to a yard full of snow. :mad: :mad: :mad: I hate the winter weather. I cannot wait for spring. Next week I am going to bring in Sacramento, CA. At least even if the weather is bad it won't be snowing.

It's a healthy -20 celcius (Probably around 0F) in Ontario. There are snow piles higher than me on either side of the driveway!

Not bad, finally. The last couple of days have been gloomy and quite rainy. Plus, lots and lots of wind. I would've sworn I saw Dorothy and Toto fly by my window this afternoon. It's a balmy 44 F and the winds have stopped...for now.

Hopefully things will be more moderate the next several days. I see "greenie" things poppin' up in our yard. Spring, yes, is just around the corner!!:):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom