What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MC, did you see any curved clouds in the sky? When we get the tail end of a hurricane here in Montreal, we can usually see a definite curve to the clouds.

MC, did you see any curved clouds in the sky? When we get the tail end of a hurricane here in Montreal, we can usually see a definite curve to the clouds.
Too be honest I didn't look. Next time I will.

It sounds as though we were lucky here in the north west of England. Across on the coast of Northern Island a sailing competition in Strangford Lough was hit by a storm that capsized lots of the boats. It does, however, beg the question of why they didn't cancel it when
the weather forecast had been talking about high winds for a couple of days.

I hope the Big Bertha didn't affect any DCers and you roofs are still in place.

Last edited:
We stayed with my cousins in the Twin Cities area last night, and I was glad I brought a hoodie, it was cold this morning! As we drove the 5 or so hours home, it reached the low 80's.

Having flash flooding up in the mountains, haven't gotten any warnings for us in the valley. It's more towards the divide so may not come this way.

Hope you're safe, PF!

We had really cloudy, rain on and off all day. Nothing significant, in fact barely enough to water stuff. It was really humid though, and mid 80's F.

We have the Sapphire and Garnet Ranges between us and the area of flooding. And no more notifications for over an hour.

Having flash flooding up in the mountains, haven't gotten any warnings for us in the valley. It's more towards the divide so may not come this way.
Be sure to have your flotation devices handy...

We have been, and will be, in the mid-70s for days. All afternoon it's been cloudy, gloomy, sleep-inducing weather. I'm starting to lose the fight. :LOL: This is my kind of baking weather. For some reason I've been in the baking mood. So much for any weight I've lost recently. :(

Hot as the Hinges of Hell here and bone dry. I can't remember the last time we had any rain. Glenn hasn't mowed in nearly a month and our yard and the fields are brown and crunchy. The trees are showing signs of drought as they drop brown leaves. It's too early for fall leaves to be littering the ground in our region.

At least, today, the humidity isn't oppressive and stifling. This nasty heat has been with us for over a week and we're told it will be hanging around for nearly another week. Yuck.

The pool is as warm as bath water and we're going to have to siphon off some water and add cold water from the hose to make it even close to refreshing. Harley won't even go swimming in the 2-acre pond because it's too warm. After being full to overflowing, the pond has dropped at least 3 feet. Kinda hot and dry here.

Wow Katie, that sounds like some evil heat. Hope you guys get relief soon.

We had a perfect day. Cool enough to open all the windows, warm enough to have the sunroof open in the car when I was running errands. You would not hear one complaint from me if this weather stuck around until Thanksgiving. Then it need to get cold and snowy for Christmas.

We're having an instant replay of yesterday....beautiful sunny day, 75 and breezy!

Saw on the news that something is going to hit both the east and west coasts!

We're having an instant replay of yesterday....beautiful sunny day, 75 and breezy!

Saw on the news that something is going to hit both the east and west coasts!

I think you misunderstood :) There are hurricanes passing both coasts that are causing dangerous beach conditions, but neither is going to hit land.

Raining off & on all day. It came down very hard this afternoon. Flash flood warnings are still in effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom