What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baa. Baa.

GG, those daffs sure are a breath of spring, aren't they?

Taxy, hope you guys don't have any problems with the weather you're getting. My SIL picked a great time to tag along with her hubby - he's up in Montreal on business for the next couple of days.

Our March definitely came in like a lamb. Coolish, in the upper 30s, and milky sun. But right before midnight we heard the lion. Icy pellets were hitting the windows, but with climbing temperatures we now have a steady rain. By the time we venture out from under our covers, it should be sunny.

We had wicked high winds here early this afternoon. Then they got REALLY bad - or so I thought. I went into the sun room and looked up to check all the tree tops, and suddenly, loud, proud, and what looked like too close to ground (but it wasn't), THIS popped into view as it passed my roof line:

635810123882873203-FA18.jpg

It was close enough so I could pick out the tail fins clearly. Himself said it was probably either an F-18 or an F-15. All I know it was really FAST!

I guess he scared the wind as much as he scared me. It's settled down in the last few hours. Still have a headache from it, though...or maybe that's from the neighbor's dogs being out for an hour at a time and barking. Grrr....

36 and calm this morning!

Warm temps this week, 50's and 60's! :clap:

Warm temps during the day and nights above freezing may make it a short maple syrup season in my area this year, everything has a price! :(

37°F, a little cloudy, no wind...should get up into the high 60's today. I'll probably sleep right through it.

I wish it would hit here RF - it's been looking like rain most of the day but the sun just came out. :neutral:

Kay, are you getting pounded with rain in your area?

It's a cool 52F here today.

BOOOOOOOMM FLASH FLASH BOOOOOOM

Then the start of the pounding rain and fierce wind at 5am!! We're dog sitting Lucy, our neighbors dog, and there was no consoling her. Poor little thing was having a major panic attack.
We're just not used to house rattling thunder and daylight flashes in these parts. It's been raining on and off all day, but for the most part it seems to be over now.
Phew!!

Last edited:
Oh, poor Lucy! One of my cockers and my dalmation were terrified of thunder, and inconsolable. The dal would climb up on my lap and howl pathetically. Beagle is not bothered by thunder, but she hates to go out if it's raining.

We had an absolutely gorgeous 68°F today. Made for a nice noon walk.

Last edited:
Began raining this afternoon and still going, just normal rain, no thunder and lightning. It is currently 36°F, I hope it doesn't freeze, I HAVE to drive into town tomorrow.

CG, I meant to say earlier, that's quite a shot of the jet flying overhead! We get them all the time here, so much so that I hardly notice them.

Today's CA thunderstorm passed us by this time :(, I think we were too far east. It did rain last night a little, hoping for more. :)

Last edited:
Cheryl, that isn't my picture of the jet, just one I found on Google Images. It is the type of plane that went overhead, though. However, the one that went over our house was close enough for me to see the fins, but not close enough to see the pilot like in the picture.

It was spring here today. Went up to 52, sun on and off. Tuesday is supposed to be about the same, but they are calling for highs near 70 on Wednesday! Too early, I say, but I'll still enjoy it. To me, 70 is a pretty perfect temperature. I hear it's around that temp year-round in San Diego. Unfortunately, we can't afford to live there. Besides, it's way too far away from our kids! Priorities. :heart:

Woke to snow this morning, but it's gone now. Currently (12.40 GMT) its partly cloudy and 5 deg C (41 F).

From time to time we also have RAF jets flying low over the fields behing our house.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom