What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a pretty loud storm here. We needed the rain,but not the thunder ⚡

Attachments

• 1468977097943.jpg
    1468977097943.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 91
I think it was fairly nice today. I didn't go outside because I had a headache and was still feeling fragile from yesterday's two migraines. Those were probably courtesy of the thunder storms yesterday and the day before.

Hot as the hinges of hell here and expected to remain so most of the week. Lots and lots of humidity and nothing but triple digit temps. We'll be spending a LOT of time inside and in the pool. Checked the pool water this afternoon. It was 92F. Time to siphon some off and add fresh, cooler water. I won't say "cold" water...just cooler.

GG, that sure is a lot of dark orange and red on that radar...

taxy, I hope your migraines are long-gone and don't return. Feel-better hugs on their way.

Katie, try and stay cool whatever it takes! We just turned our A/C off after turning it on last Wednesday in the wee-hours when we got back from visiting the kids in OH. Apparently, we are in hell - the kitchen weather station is reporting an outside temperature of 66.6. :ermm: :LOL: It will be a short-lived cool spell, though, since the temps will be back into the 90s by Friday. Ugh.

Did you melt yet, Cheryl? :ermm: Is it at least a "dry" heat? I had the pleasure(?) of experiencing 115 degrees in Phoenix one August. Dry or not, 115 is HOT!

Our temperatures don't get that high because we actually have humidity in the air. Today's high was a somewhat soppy 91. Phew. The weather guessers are telling us a cool front is moving in. I hope so. Weatherbug keeps moving our reporting station location further and further to the NW of us. Right now the temp 20 miles away is 71. Come ON breeze, blow that cool >this< way! :LOL:

We had a severe thunderstorm with golf ball size hail the night before (it's nicer tonight), my wildflowers got beaten down and my poor baby pumpkin was pummeled, the larger pumpkin made it fine. I'm a bit upset, the wildflower spot was finally showing color and I was going to get a picture of it with my pathway I built and my concrete mushroom. Now that I am done digging and moving sod and dirt, we get this storm...

We had a severe thunderstorm with golf ball size hail the night before (it's nicer tonight), my wildflowers got beaten down and my poor baby pumpkin was pummeled, the larger pumpkin made it fine. I'm a bit upset, the wildflower spot was finally showing color and I was going to get a picture of it with my pathway I built and my concrete mushroom. Now that I am done digging and moving sod and dirt, we get this storm...

That's sounding like adventure weather.Summer hail. Mild and calm here.

Last edited:
CG, it's not too terribly humid, around 8-10%. I can handle the high temps OK - or at least tolerate it :LOL: - but if I go into an area where the humidity is high...ugh, that just kills me. Guess it's all what yer used to. :)

Princess - I'm sorry about your flowers. I was reading about that hailstorm this morning on the weather sites. Wow - did some pretty major damage in some areas!

It was pretty bad, my yard looks like a tossed salad was thrown there. I'll try to get pics tomorrow, have to work tonight. Right now it's just raining and a little hail. Need the moisture, but severe thunderstorm warnings I can do without.

It was cool enough to take Beagle for a long walk, 83°F. Then I went out to weed the front garden, and it started to sprinkle. No problem, says I, and kept weeding. Then it started to rain. Now it's 79°, and the rain has stopped, so I guess I should go back out and weed some more.

Drat, PF. So sorry about your wildflower garden and your baby pumpkin.

Last edited:
Well, I'm weird in that I love severe weather. Growing up, I used to enjoy all sheltered up during typhoons.

I like storms, too, but it sucks when they cause damage to plants you've worked hard to cultivate and other property you've worked hard to pay for. Children don't have to worry about that, of course.

Poor Baby Bumpkin, PF. I like gentle storms - I know, it's an oxymoron, but then I can be a moron at times. :mrgreen:

It was sunny and 80 while I was running errands today and I left the car windows open, including the "window" in the roof! After all of the 90+ and near 90 days, 80 degrees seems...balmy. :ermm: Yikes!

It was pretty bad, my yard looks like a tossed salad was thrown there. I'll try to get pics tomorrow, have to work tonight. Right now it's just raining and a little hail. Need the moisture, but severe thunderstorm warnings I can do without.

I saw some pictures of that. The hail was piled so high it looked like snow. I think it was Pine Bluffs where every single house in town was damaged and the National Guard was called out to help. We get hail like that in the Puget Sound sometimes, but nothing like that!

Yes, Pine Bluffs got the worst of it. Several businesses are gathering up supplies to take there. They need garbage bags (can do), food and clothing. Some will need furniture due to rain damage, will send what I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom