What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RAIN!!! They are predicting record amounts for this time of year. I'm fine with it. All this rain knocks the ragweed pollen down. I'm breathing fine.

It is supposed to rain through Sunday. Hopefully, it will bring our municipal water supply lake (reservoir) back to 100-percent. It has dropped to 80-percent.

CD

Well, it was 100-percent six months ago, 80-percent two days ago, and 100-percent today. That's a lot of rain!

CD

We challenge ourselves to keep the heat off until October 1st. Just a "thing" with us. :LOL: Himself's cousin in Williamsburg holds off until November 1st. Brrr....

Tossed aside my resolve and kicked the thermostat up to 66 to force the furnace to come on. Between the current outside temp (56) AND nothing but rain today, I'm chilled to the bone. Tomorrow is still supposed to be rainy, but at least the temperatures should just tip into the 70s.

Good ole' Texas, where ever drought ends with a flood, and every flood ends with a drought. :LOL:

More rain overnight, and fiddy-fiddy chance today. It was 91 yesterday, but not expected to go over 70 today. But, back into the 80s by Friday.

CD

We challenge ourselves to keep the heat off until October 1st. Just a "thing" with us. :LOL: Himself's cousin in Williamsburg holds off until November 1st. Brrr....

Tossed aside my resolve and kicked the thermostat up to 66 to force the furnace to come on. Between the current outside temp (56) AND nothing but rain today, I'm chilled to the bone. Tomorrow is still supposed to be rainy, but at least the temperatures should just tip into the 70s.

Our heat doesn't go on until sometime in October. I hate to go downstairs to get my mail. The AC is on full blast and it is freezing in the hallway. I have it shut off in my apartment. So for two days I have had the oven on just warm, and it is enough to keep me warm with a heavy sweater.

whow, Taxlady that is so far north for tornadoes, stay safe.

We might have our first frost on friday night. The days are in the 50-60's now, very pleasant. We are tearing out most of the things, tomatoes, peppers that might be damaged by frost now. Except the hatch chili peppers, they are sending out flowers now again, so they must be confused and think they are in new mexico.

39F this morning, warmer than yesterday! Personally, I'm waiting for snow.

There is something very wrong with you. :glare:

I love skiing, but have reached an age where it would not be prudent, at least the way I like to ski -- fast. Downhill!

Otherwise, I can do without snow. Actually, I can do without cold.

CD

Last edited:
There is something very wrong with you. :glare:

I love skiing, but have reached an age where it would not be prudent, at least the way I like to ski -- fast. Downhill!

Otherwise, I can do without snow. Actually, I can do without cold.

CD

39F now, supposed to get all the way up to 51F today. Yay! Sweater weather! Nothing wrong with me, just do poorly with hot weather.

5:35am PDT in Las Vegas. 68°F Were supposed to reach 100° today. According to local meteorologists, it’s our last 100° day for the year. Autumn is here!

Unfortunately, Autumn is short. And the desert winter, while not like, say, Fargo ND, is really unpleasant. Cold temps accompanied by extremely low humidity and strong winds - you never really get warm, no matter how much hot chocolate you consume!

Desert means “dry,” not “hot.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom