What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Freezing rain on Monday night with wet,heavy snoe all day Tuesday, coming down hard. Our whole town lost power at about 10 am. It came back on at about 1 pm at our house
It went back out for another three hours or s at around 6 pm. Broke out the oil lamps and candles. Snow-fall eased up today
Some parts of the county are still without power. Everything is working at our house. Tree branches broke off all over the place, and some trees came down in the neighborhood. The beuaty is breathtaking. The seen reminds me of a Robert Frost poem, Bending Birches. The reality is more troublesome. The weather is mild (about 36' F.) and so the snow is letting go of the trees. We have survived our 1rst winter storm.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Right now the weather isn't awful. It's 2°C (36°F). It's this weekend that will get, um, interesting. I'm on the same island as Montreal. This covers the area where Dragnlaw lives and where my mother-in-law lives (in Cornwall, 100 km away from me). I think Rocklobster is just a bit west of this "red zone", but he might be in it too. It even goes down to New York state, Vermont, misses New Hampshire, and grazes Maine. I really hope the power doesn't go out.

This is what it says about this map / illustration:

As of this evening, the red zone below represents where the most treacherous weather will be this weekend. North of the red zone, 10-26 cm of snow can be expected with some ice pellets mixing in. South of the red zone, mainly rain. The Ottawa area will likely be mostly ice pellets rather than freezing rain.

Attachments

• The red zone, weather 2020-02-11 and 12.jpg
    The red zone, weather 2020-02-11 and 12.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 111
Stay safe, taxy. That looks like a prime set-up for power outages. I hope you've stocked up on candles and other necessities.

It's unusually mild right now. Expected weekend high temps will be in the 60s. Himself said that he's going to go swimming. :LOL: Heck, he doesn't do that when we're in FL and the weather is hot.

Last edited:
Thanks CG. Yeah, we're decently stocked up. We also have no intention of going outside until the outside surfaces are less slippery.

Stay safe, taxlady! I have a nephew who lives in Alvin, Texas and they were under a tornado watch and multiple severe thunderstorm warnings late last night.

Our weather is warm and cloudy today. I'm beginning to think Mother Nature is going through menopause. She can't seem to make up her mind as to what she wants to happen when.

17 F, a little breezy at 12 mph. If it stays relatively calm I will be able to take a walk without finding an indoor space. At least it's not icy out.

Yep. My feet found the merest, thinnest patch of icy sidewalk the other day. Fell. Banged up my already gimpy hip and mostly bruised my ego for not being more careful.

We're at 35 right now, but a 27 mph wind (gusting into the low 40s) is making it drop like a rock. I should head out to fill my car's gas tank, but I'm afraid the wind will blow my undies off! :shock:

Visualities. :innocent:

It's supposed to snow 6-12 inches Friday into Saturday. Went to the store today and stocked up. I bought beef stew meat and all the fixin's to make a big pot of soup for the weekend and loaded up with bacon, cheeses, chocolate and ice cream in case of emergency.

Where tight clothing over your undies.

Phooey, I spelled it "where" when it should have been "wear". :doh:

Wine would have been at the front of my list, Whiska. ;)

After assessing any upcoming errands I might need to run, I opted to stay in where it's warm and not windy. I'm chicken, I know. :chicken: :LOL:

Good idea.

Frigid cold in SE South Dakota.
-10 with a high of 5*F. 25 mph wind.
Schools all closed tomorrow.

Frigid cold in SE South Dakota.
-10 with a high of 5*F. 25 mph wind.
Schools all closed tomorrow.

We're expecting a blast of cold tonight, but not that bad. Going down to -19°C (-2°F), feels like -28°C (-18°F). High tomorrow -14°C (7°F), feels like -22°C (-8°F).

And a minor snow event for the weekend with 10-15 cm of snow (4-6 inches) accumulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom