What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
a tad chilly. supposed to be in the 40's later. there was ice on the concrete where we'd not yet salted awhile ago. piles of snow, too.
waiting to see if that snow turns to ice late tomorrow night.

I read back through the January thread so that I wouldn't ask something that had already been covered. Yikes! The hot hot hots and cold cold colds! Anyone for New Gingrich's colony on the Moon?

But the reason I checked was the huge fires burning in Australia -- any of our folks anywhere near? I hope not. You've been roasting on so many days, Kylie. You, too Snip. Thank goodness for air conditioning.

We're to be a bit unseasonably warm for the next week or so -- highs in the mid 80'sF and lows:)ermm:) in the 60'sF. Not too shabby.

Another nice day. High in the mid 30's with the sun shining. A little snow left in town. Rain expected on thursday that will take most of the snow out of SE S.D.

It is a glorious day here today :)

23c, sunny, warm with a lovely cool breeze, feels like Spring instead of Summer...loving it :)

But the reason I checked was the huge fires burning in Australia -- any of our folks anywhere near? I hope not. You've been roasting on so many days, Kylie. You, too Snip. Thank goodness for air conditioning.

Lizzie, we are good here...the fires are in Tasmania and NSW at the moment, it is so sad :(

I read back through the January thread so that I wouldn't ask something that had already been covered. Yikes! The hot hot hots and cold cold colds! Anyone for New Gingrich's colony on the Moon?

We're to be a bit unseasonably warm for the next week or so -- highs in the mid 80'sF and lows:)ermm:) in the 60'sF. Not too shabby.

I also read the reports about the fires. Very scary. My girlfriend in Cal. lives in Orange County. She is on flat land, but many of her friends there live up in the hills. Between mud slides and fires ravaging their neighborhoods, some of them had had to start over more than once. They have set up a circle of notification when any of them are in a danger area.

Kylie lives near Adelaide. So she is not in the danger area. :angel:

Thats right Ads...we are safe where we are, thank god!

There have been fires in country South Australia, at places that we have holidayed, it is so scary really :ermm:

Has there been any out of country help to aid with the fires, Kylie? A few years ago we would have burned up if not for help from the Aussie Fire Crews.

Has there been any out of country help to aid with the fires, Kylie? A few years ago we would have burned up if not for help from the Aussie Fire Crews.
My first thought was, "Why weren't there Canadian fire crews? Then I realized that they were probably busy fighting their own fires. The Aussies could come because it wasn't their "fire season". Our guys could go now, 'cause it sure isn't fire season in the northern part of N.A.

It's +4C and rained today. We aren't expecting even vaguely seasonal weather until Monday, with freezing rain in the forecast for Friday.

This does not sound good. There has been so much snow that even with lots of snow removal, the sidewalks aren't down to pavement. If that packed snow gets wet and then freezes, it will be slippery as all get out. It's already kinda slippery.

My first thought was, "Why weren't there Canadian fire crews? Then I realized that they were probably busy fighting their own fires. The Aussies could come because it wasn't their "fire season". Our guys could go now, 'cause it sure isn't fire season in the northern part of N.A.

My thoughts, too. I sure hope Montana crews are ready to suit up.

Right now we are having our January Thaw. Some areas the temp is reaching the low fifties during the day. Then back to reality. :angel:

Last edited:
I heard this morning that Wyoming and Montana are in for a big snow. Hope it's not too big to suit you snow-lovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom