What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lovely 18c this morning as the change came through, it is so cool and fresh...totally airing the whole house out :) :)

Strange. Temp got up to 57°F today. We went for a walk at noon, got rained on, temp dropped and we got snowed on. Really windy. Currently 27 and dropping fast.

High of 20F today. By 5 00 it was 7F. The wind is very strong & cold. It feels like it cuts right through you! There were a few flurries today but no accunulation. Big snowstorm in the forecast this week.

Today has been perfect!

The change came through overnight and it was so nice and cool this morning and all day it has been a pleasant 26c....it is lovely this evening too, loving it :)

So very brrrrrr cold here today in SE S.D. High of 2F today. Lows tonight somewhere around 11 below 0. Frostbite warning out all day.

Very cold and very windy, downright nasty, we got up to 18°f, with wind chill much lower. We're expecting another snowstorm too, starting sometime Thursday.

That thursday storm they are predicting is coming our way too. They keep changing the snowfall amounts that we are supposed to be getting. The latest one I heard is 5-7" of snow, how about you?

I was all delighted that the 14 day forecast was showing temps around freezing. "Spring is coming! Spring is coming!" So, now we have -4C and heavy snow.

I am so tired of winter.

That thursday storm they are predicting is coming our way too. They keep changing the snowfall amounts that we are supposed to be getting. The latest one I heard is 5-7" of snow, how about you?

Last I heard ours was the same as yours, SB. Oh joy oh rapture. TL, I agree, sick of winter.

Did see some of my winter aconites abloom, though they're now covered with a layer of ice.

It's -4C, so not all that cold. But, it is snowing a lot and windy. A friend of mine went out and said her granny wagon was horizontal from the wind a lot of the time.

I don't have any pressing reason to go out, so I won't.

Right now, it's 45°F - it's supposed to go down to 28°F tonight. Looks like snow and sleet are headed our way Friday.

Kylie, it cracks me up every time I see you say, "The change has come through." Here "the change" means menopause :LOL: For what you're referring to, we say "The [cold or warm] front has come through."

NOAA (National Oceanographic & Atmospheric Administration) posted this graphic on Facebook today. Thought you might find it interesting. I'm married to a former Navy meteorologist/oceanographer, so we keep up with this stuff :mrgreen:

Attachments

• winter-precip-noaa.jpg
    winter-precip-noaa.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
18F & cold, wind isn't as bad today as it was yesterday.The snowstorm coming in for thursday haas been downgraded to 3" of snow, I will believe it when I see it.

We have the same, SB, though they're saying we might get 6" of the white stuff, but not till Thursday late afternoon. And our weatherman says you might get 8"!

It's -4C, so not all that cold. But, it is snowing a lot and windy. A friend of mine went out and said her granny wagon was horizontal from the wind a lot of the time.

I don't have any pressing reason to go out, so I won't.

What is a granny wagon? :angel:

S N O W ! :clap::clap::w00t:

We have about three inches right now! I hope it continues. 24 degrees right now, and dark. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom