What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a "refreshing" 39°F here along the river tonight. Supposed to go lower. I covered the volunteer bushy petunia, but I fear the Magilla Perillas and ornamental sweet potato vines are gonners, even though I covered them last night. Strong winds and temps in the 20's took their toll. Glad I picked the remaining tomatoes and brought most of the potted plants inside.

:ohmy: 39 and down into the 20's already?! Holy cow, Dawg...y'all are getting some cold weather early!

It's 72 now, supposed to get down to 60 tonight. :) We had another big downpour again an hour or so ago. The road crews have been cleaning up on the highway - hard to grasp the magnitude of the clean up and what those involved have gone through. And El Nino hasn't even hit yet, it's going to be a long winter/spring. :ermm:

Looks like something out of a movie - it's amazing no one was killed or seriously hurt. :(
mudhighway58.jpg

mudslide58.jpg

mudslide58-2.jpg

Oh good grief! Glad no one was hurt! How the heck is that going to be cleaned up?

Lots of cranes, backhoes, and whatever other excavators they can get. I hear Interstate 5 is open now, they've been working on clearing at least one lane of hwy 58.

Attachments

• mudslideearthmovers.jpg
    mudslideearthmovers.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Oh no! I am so very happy no one was hurt!

The weather is very nice and becoming cool here. There have been no rains!

~Cat

They even had a story on our local news about it here, and said something like more than 30,000 dumptruck loads of mud will have to be moved!

Pretty yard, Taxy! We hardly ever get hail here. I remember once a couple of years ago we had some in late spring, everyone on the street came out to look at it. :LOL:
Thanks, I guess it looks better in a photo than in real life. :rolleyes: It's really tiny.
Like itty bitty snow balls Taxi! How cool...
Yeah, it was nifty. We just get anxious when there is something so snow-like in October. There's a chance of flurries overnight. Eek! At least I already got the winter tires put on Sigrid.

80F and sunny, just the slightest breeze.

I'm picking up my grandson from school today, my daughter has an appointment. Since it's such a beautiful day, I think I'll walk to go get him. It's less than 1/2 mile through a quiet residential neighborhood - Tyler and I both will enjoy the walk.

Silversage, you are welcome to all of my degrees above 75. If it gets warmer than that, my crab-o-meter is usually hitting the "Look Out!" line. :LOL: I don't handle "hot" weather well.

Our day was the kind that you wish you could bottle up and enjoy all winter long. Clear skies, just about 70 degrees, a hint of a breeze...and my wonderful angel SIL zipping over the yard on her riding mower! Love, Love! Sent her home with a quart of homemade spaghetti sauce. She doesn't know about the dinner's worth of lasagna I'll take later this weekend (shhhhh ;) ).

SNOW!

scroll down this news article for some great photos
Our niece just got back from a weekend in Taos. She hasn't stopped posting pictures and singing its praises on Facebook ever since! Doubt if she'd ever move there no matter how pretty it is - she's a Florida girl clear down to her marrow. Unlike me, if it dips below 75, she's bundling up like a snow bunny!

It's 65F here now at 8PM, and supposed to get down in the 50's tonight. I just had to put on sweats and socks, and I put the comforter back on my bed yesterday. :ermm: :LOL:
It'll be back up in the 80's tomorrow, though.

Pretty pics, Beth!

Last edited:
We have a refreshing 58°F here along the river, along with an almost full moon. Windows still open, blankets on the bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom