What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you got home okay, K'girl! We don't get much snow here, although I grew up with it in Michigan. This entire metro area usually closes down when it snows. The cities don't have the equipment to deal with it.

46 here now. It's supposed to get to the mid-50s tomorrow.

Last edited:
Our weather is going crazy. It's currently -8°C (18°F) currently and a smog alert! We don't get smog alerts in winter. Saturday they are predicting mixed precipitation and a high of 3°C (37°F). Sunday we're expecting 15 mm (0.6 inches) of rain and a high of 6°C (43°F). They are saying this could change.

G Kgirl, I had a guest come for a visit many years ago. He was a Native Hawaiian like yourself. It was the first time he had ever left the islands.

It was in the middle of February and we started to get a really heavy, wet snowfall. I hear him yelling at the top of his voice singing a song in Hawaiian and look outside. He is out in my back yard without a shirt or his shoes doing a dance and singing in the snow. He didn't realize at first what was falling from the sky.

It was quite an experience not only for him but for us and my neighbors. I had one neighbor come to my house and stare at my visitor. She had never seen a "real, full blooded native Hawaiian." I served her a cup of coffee and sent her on her way. Our visitor stayed for a month and arrived dressed still for the Islands. My husband had to take him shopping for a coat and shoes. Open toe flip flops just do not cut it when walking in two inches of snow. We could only imagine the stories he had to tell his friends when he got back home.

I am glad you got to drive in snow. To add to what taxylady told you, keep a blanket, water, flashlight and a small amount of food in your car in case you get stuck in the snow. For those who live with snow every year, this is a precaution every driver who lives with snow knows. :angel:

It is 38ºF and overcast. I have to go out to order my new glasses for reading. Spike is going to drive me, then I will take the bus back home. I haven't been on a bus in about five years. Time to bundle up. :angel:

24°F and snowing. Just paid the neighbor kid $10 shoveling snow for a $5 job...didn't have a five. He earned it though, helping me haul a 90 lbs box into the house. Shrek's new desk is here.

The temp is up to 42ºF. and I never made it to the eye clinic. But I did have to make a quick run to the store and it was raw and damp out. I had no socks on. Looks like after more than ten years I am going to have to start wearing socks again. I haven't worn socks since my leg first developed the wound and then had the surgery. Not even with snow on the ground. :angel:

High of 39⁰F today and we had to go out
EARLY this morning to do blood work, ACK!
Roads were still a bit dicey, but we made it
and wound up having breakfast out, that was nice.
… AND MAHALOS!
Thanks guys for your words of support…
DH said after,
“oh, so all proud of yourself now that you drove in snow, huh? …”
YUP, THANKS!

Been ugly all day. Grey and rainy. Haven't we had enough rain?! Sheesh!

Temp has been mid-50ish all day but is beginning to slowly drop. A winter weather advisory was just issued for our region for tonight and tomorrow. There's a possibility of some of that white stuff making its way here. I'll believe it when I see it.

The weather has been so confusing to the vegetation and the birds/animals these last several weeks. Last week I had flowers blooming in one of my small beds out front and two of our forsythia bushes popped lots of yellow blossoms. If it does snow, they're in for a rude awakening.

Dark morning with lots of rain. It's a balmy 53* on Long Island this morning. Could be worse, all this rain could be snow [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is dark, overcast, dank, miserable, raining and raw bone chilling outside right now. And it is 49ºF. And it is going to only get worse as the day wears on. Tomorrow doesn't look much better either. I am sure there are more adjectives, but I just cant think of them. :angel:

It's a bright, sunny, windy 3°F here along the river. Wind chill makes it feel even colder.

It's currently 6°C (43°F) and raining. It has been raining off and on since early yesterday. Now we have a wind warning,

"Strong winds that may cause damage are expected or occurring. Strong southwest winds will gust to 90 km/h along the St Lawrence Valley late this evening and overnight tonight."

The rain is supposed to stop and the temperature will start dropping at 22h and keep dropping until Tuesday at 01h when it is expected to be down to -14°C (7°F).

Sounds like fun, not.

We've been windy, too, taxy. It blew the winter sign I hang on the porch right off it's hook. :ermm:

We've had gloom and rain all day today, too. I'm not going to complain, though. We ended last year with a water deficit and the ground and plants can use all the water Mother Nature sends. Fortunately, we should be done with the rain by the time temps drop cold enough to start freezing things. Back home in the Cleveland area, it was mid-40s and rain in the morning; by noon it was in the upper 20s and snowing, with the wet streets icing up from the earlier rain. I'm happily snug in the house.

Drizzle off and on with the temp at 60ºF. We are getting some pretty high wind right now and I noticed that the street lights are out on our street. Not a good sign. :angel:

What a difference from yesterday.

Today sunny and bright out. Temps are in the low 30's. 33ºF. to be exact. And the winds are still blowing. Just down to 18 mph now. Still too cold to take a short trip on my scooter. In order to run for the errands I need to do, I would have to bundle like Nanook of the North!

I need to take my scooter over to the Harley motorcycle place and see if they can create a windshield for my scooter and attach it permanently to my scooter. I searched every site for mobile scooters, and they just don't make them. So I need to come up with my own solution. I need to and want to be able to get out on my own in the cold weather. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom