What's been happening in my life (Beth's Story)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Message From Beth

I got an email from Beth today. Things are not going so well with Rich at the moment; however she has had some great company helping her out. She will visit DC when she can and appreciates everyone's support and concern.

I got an email from Beth today. Things are not going so well with Rich at the moment; however she has had some great company helping her out. She will visit DC when she can and appreciates everyone's support and concern.
Thank you so much for letting us know.

:(Barbara

Beth, you and Rich are in my heart,prayers and good thoughts.Thank you Laurie ma
cj

Beth, may today bring some warm comforting sunshine into your lives. Hugs for both of you.
cj

Almost one month ago dh met another crisis threshhold and finally relented to try a steroid medicine that Hospice had been suggesting. He feels it is helping him and he has continued to take the steroid. It has given him energy and a sense of well being. It has enabled him to continue to ride his motorcycle, mainly on day trips, several times a week. He is probably working on his last major home improvement project. The next door neighbor has a backhoe and was enlisted to help with removing the row of over mature juniper bushes that are in front of the house and offers privacy from the road. It did not go as dh had invisioned, but it did go:shock:. Dh has planned to chain saw off bits of the huge bushes to make removal easier, but the neighbor ended up digging out the whole bush. Removing the bushes turned out to be a problem, so all retired to lunch and contemplation, but by the end of the day, our bushes were no where in sight:). Dh has ordered 56 baby juniper bushes which will arrive next week. Three friends are lined up to help and dh says he can not predict if he will feel well enough to help plant them or not. He just may supervise.

He says his body is ready to lay down and die, but mentally he is not ready to let go. He now weighs 112#. He chokes down a decent breakfast but eating the rest of the day is minimal. He feels really bad during and after eating, so he tries to delay any attempts at eating.

Have had lots of company lately. Currently my sister from New Mexico and a cousin from Wash DC are here and it is wonderful!!:) They are prepping dinner right now....a sweet potato and apple casserole and crockpot rotisserie chicken and broccoli with rice. It has been a good year for apples in Ohio and several folks have dropped off small bags of apples. I am still seeing my doc on a regular basis for my high blood pressure, it is okay right now but he may change dosages later. I simply can not sleep without medicine, so I take that nightly.

I will be asking for prayers for a peaceful and calm environment for dh and me.

and the photos: The cement pouring at the barn, bathroom painting, bush removal and a photo taken last week of a friend, dh and me.

Attachments

• DSCN2873.jpg
    DSCN2873.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 135
  • DSCN2749.jpg
    DSCN2749.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCN2774.jpg
    DSCN2774.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCN2811.jpg
    DSCN2811.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
wow, you are a good woman, every man's dream as the matter of fact. I know your husband feels great having you near by. I know he could not have done it without you. You should leve and be well untll a 120.

Once again, the two of you inspire me Beth.
You said
I will be asking for prayers for a peaceful and calm environment for dh and me.
You most assuredly have those prayers.
The signature I've used here from my start at DC, rings true once more.

Beth, you know that both of you are in my heart and prayers. Please give your DH a gentle hug from me and take a couple for yourself. Thanks for the pictures.

Beth you and Rich have my lheart and you both fill it heart with love for both of you. You both insprie me to keep going thank you. I love you both.
cj

i thought of you and yours today, beth. it happened to cross my mind as i was saying grace before dinner. i'm glad to have this thread to let you know.

you are thought of in prayer, the kind that reminds us to be grateful for what we have, when we have it. everything is so impermanent in life, but you have such a facility with the only thing that lasts forever. the strength of your love.

god bless you and keep you, always.

The surreal saga continues. This guy is supposed to be dying but he gets up at 4:30 am, works all day, and sleeps a few hours at night. He is getting more accomplished every day that a normal person. This is the effect of the steroids and dh is content to be able to work as hard as he can. He thinks the medicine has given him a new lease on life; I worry about how hyper it is making him. We get a variety of Hospice nurses who visit weekly and the one who came this week had not been here for four weeks. She was concerned at his recent weight loss and increased pain. She asked if we wanted more frequent visits. Dh said nope, he was getting ready to leave on a trip to TN. We have been able to stabilize his weight loss at 110# and his intake has improved over the last several days. You wouldn't believe the last project that has been undertaken. He keeps asking me what I want done, so I suggested a project that I was going to have a professional service do. Take down an old (163 yo) white oak tree that is/was shading the garden. He took down three other trees that would have been damaged by this tree that had far reaching branches, and he missed the power line when the old tree came down:mrgreen:. We have quite a bit of the 4 trees split and stacked, but that project is on hold while he visits him Mom and brother in TN. He is amazing. I am a nervous wreck.

Some photos of the tree project and one of the new bushes in front of the house. Since I will be gardening in a much smaller part of the garden, at the top of the garden, I really wanted this tree gone so my main gardening area was not shaded.

Attachments

• DSCN2944.jpg
    DSCN2944.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 118
  • DSCN2971.jpg
    DSCN2971.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCN2988.jpg
    DSCN2988.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCN3003.jpg
    DSCN3003.jpg