What's on your schedule for today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I think I'm going to the Dodger game this afternoon. I live close by, right across the park, so I can walk to the stadium.

Then I'm grilling this evening. <<< that's more fun...:mrgreen:

Sorting stuff out for a yard sale, not sure when we will have the yard sale. All the stuff is hubby's brother and mother's from when they died. Backbreaking work, not good for my back and spine, since I have a fused disc. If I don't help him, it doesn't get done.

woke up early
got on largest transportation ever
can't say more about that ^^
took many gorgeous huge people to a fun place
met a favorite of my kids
came back 'here'
talked to all our kids
talked to dh
{{{{{ds# 1 told me he was taking heart patient best friend out this morning for breakfast, so very much blessed my heart}}}}}
smiling ear to ear
making plans for the man of my dreams and his surprise birthday next week
on phone with rental car agency, convert in islands for the surprise he doesn't know about
met up with a friend in computer room
dinner across the street
bed early because..................
COBL starts tomorrow 6 am

I've been missing you, dear friends, but I have had so little time to use the computer. I've been spending alot of time with a dear friend who is having some scary health problems, after doctor visits yesterday and today, it turns out that she has "shingles" - not the best news, but the initial fear was inflammatory breast cancer. In between, I've been busy painting - I have an exciting new opportunity to sell my paintings in a much higher traffic venue (14 airports - seven here in Mexico and seven in the US, plus internet) and for more $$$. But I need to paint larger paintings (I'm working on one now) and get a few finished so we can get started. And it is now the most miserable time of year here - very warm and humid. A friend from Portland, OR, my hometown, is on her way down and will be here tomorrow, so I need to clean house tomorrow! She has rented a place and will stay for at least six months. I'm looking forward to seeing her and spending some time with her as well.

Katie, I am so happy to see how busy you are, and I'm really sorry about your kitty. We lost a dear old kitty friend a few weeks ago (15 years old) and we miss her so much. But it looks like the neighbor's cat is about to have kittens, so I suspect we'll have at least one new furbaby soon.

Sounds like everyone else is also staying busy - babe, I'm glad you're feeling better, but don't overdo it. I'll keep my eye on the board as often as I can and hope to have more time soon....

A little late to post, but here goes.

After breakfast and the usual chores, I spent the rest of the daylight hours working on three customer jobs. Finished one, made good progress on the second one and made a dent in the third.

Midway during the afternoon my sister from Dallas called me and we spoke for about 30 minutes. Hadn't talked with her for a while so we had some catching up to do.

Just as I was finishing my customer work, my best friend (since 1954) called with a question on how to do some upholstery job she wanted to tackle on her own. Over the phone it was a bit challenging, but she's on her way.

At the moment, I'm waiting for the breading to set up on my green tomatoes for tonight's dinner. I know it's a little late, but I still haven't established a meal schedule since Buck's been gone.

I'll eat my dinner, spend some time on the computer and then head off to bed with my book. Hopefully I'll sleep tonight.

today I plan to relax , since I overdid it yesterday helping hubby sort out stuff for the yard sale. My lower spine still hurts ( fused discs) . Fed the cats , gave Ginger his medicine, refilled his water and food bowls ( he gets dry and wet food) cleaned his litter box, cleaned other litterboxes.

We will most likely hang out at the hotel today and be lazy. Maybe we will play a little pool (there's a pool table near the lobby). It is supposed to get up to 80 degrees today and mostly sunny, so maybe we will spend some time in the swimming pool too. I had a terrible time falling asleep last night and then had very strange dreams when I did sleep, so I may take a nap when the movie I am watching is over in half an hour.

:)Barbara

Laying low, putzing around the house. This coming week is crazy because I am (involuntarily) switching my shift. I was working from 3:30pm to 11:45pm (Mid shift). I'm now being forced to 7:30pm to 3:45am (Night "Power" shift). There goes my sleep schedule.

Yup. I'm gonna keep a low profile today.

how would a person get an up to the minute football score via the internet?
I tried every thing I could think of in google and got nowhere
Maybe the NFL does the same thing MLB does. To keep track of Cubs games I go to www.cubs.com and click on a link that lets me "watch" the game (it shows a diagram of the baseball field and shows who is on base, etc., and it gives details as they come in.). I don't watch football, so I haven't checked it out, but who knows? :cool:

:)Barbara
P.S. I saw that the Chargers are playing right now, so I checked it out and football does the same thing as baseball. Go to your team (for Chargers I just typed in www.sandiegochargers.com) and then where it shows news updates, click until you see "Gameday." Click on Gameday and it will show you the game in progress. Not the actual game, of course, but what is happening.

Last edited:
Weatherwise, today has been nothing short of perfect. Clear, sunny, slight breeze. Humidity nice and low and the temp has hovered at about 70F all day.

Otherwise, it's been a pretty laid back day. Needed a break from all the stuff I did earlier in the week and yesterday. Breakfast and morning chores have been just about it.

However, I had a bit of inspiration and did a bit of ghostwriting (appropriate term in more ways than one). Wrote a BUCK column and am very, very pleased with how it turned out. It definitely was in his style and I'm pretty sure he was guiding me as I wrote it. Whenever I seemed to stumble with an word or phrase, I got a "nudge" and the right "Buck" word or phrase came to me.

For a change, I've given some thought (before 8 p.m.) as to what to prepare for my dinner. Will probably have enough for 2 nights, which will allow me to be lazy tomorrow.

Getting ready to feed my outside kitties their supper, then will sit on the porch until it gets dark.

Back
Top Bottom