What's on your schedule for today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most of this was unscheduled but this is what I did today:

Found out wife's car had died.
Drove wife to sister-in-laws (they carpool).
Had wife's car towed.
Came home and cleaned up in the kitchen.
Watched some tv I had recorded (Good Eats among them).
Mowed the backyard.
Walked to the auto repair shop and brought home wife's car ($500 poorer) :(
Got ready for work.
Came to work.
and here I am... :)

-Josh

On my schedule for today--- Get out of work around 8:30 am go home sleep for a few hours ,get up jump in the shower, then freeze at my DD softball game. Low 50s this week, last week it was in the high 70s boy did we get spoiled. Hopefully I'll be home in my nice warm bed by 9:00 because I dont have to work tonight. YAY!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

I was gonna clean my house some more.
But I went outside.
It's warmer than it has been.... I reclaimed my garden from the leaves and giant critter mounds.
I think I will continue reclaiming it from the grass before the rain comes tomorrow, plenty of time to clean then. :)

A unusual day for me today...got up to fix breakfast for kids and take them to school then had coffee and breakfast with my 5 year old son, told some stories to each other (Three Little Pigs, Little Red Ridin'Hood etc) and it was adorable to hear his versions of them. LOL Later, my 14 year old son called that he needed a change of clothes at school so we went to drop off a change of clothes. Then...Wow! I still can't believe I did this but actually went to Kohl's to get some clothes for me. My little one was chosing clothes for me and I ended up getting a top and some denim bermudas he liked for me. He's such a cutie and helpful too! I love him to pieces. Later, I'll fix dinner and watch American Idol with my family and read a book.

Tiring but a productive day. It was my usual every 2 weeks in "town" for supplies, etc. Well, 11 hours, 23 stops and 85 miles later, I'm home. Now I know why I only do this every 2 weeks.

My first stop was to pick up some chairs for one of Buck's customers. Beautiful old oak dining chairs with spindle backs and cane seats. The cane seats were toast. They'll be as good as new soon.

Did have a bit of an "oasis" this afternoon when I stopped at a dear friend's house to pick something up. He'd set a table on his nice screened porch. Had pot of delicious tea ready and a plate with one of the hugest, most delicious-looking brownies on it. Tea, brownie and company were a nice respite from my busy, nearly-harried day. Got to play a while with his wonderful golden retriever, Molly Gale. Threw sticks, etc. I left refreshed and ready to tackle the rest of my tasks.

Came home to the smells of dinner cooking. It's Buck's job to make dinner on my shopping day. Thank God!! I'm nearly ready to collapse.

'Cept, we're sitting on our big front porch and are being entertained by our 5 little kittens. Best show on "porch TV!" What fun!!

Sounds like everyone had a busy day.

While fixing my lunch for work this morning the electricity went out. :mad: So, much for cooking cream of wheat for breakfast. Made do with instant oatmeal at work.

I worked most of the morning and afternoon on a project appraising the value of timber on timbe sale that we have planned on 188 acres. After working on the value of the timber, I started working on the contract for the timber sale.

About 3 p.m. my supervisor came and asked me if I had time for my mid-year performance evaluation. It went well. We mostly talked about his and my expectations for the rest of the year and our workload for the coming summer.

Then I came home played with the dog. Put a load of laundry in the washer. Popped some Trader Joe's Enchiladas in the oven.

Called my mom and dad. Turned on Oakland A's baseball for awhile. Watched American Idol. Turned on the computer and here I am.

For today....

Grocery shop
WalMart shop (try NOT to buy more yarn)
put some test nasturtium in the ground to see if it's warn enuf 4 them.
then the usual...
clean
play
cook
sleep

Thank you kindly.-JoshP.S.- 3 more posts and I will be allowed as well.
yep, you're right, and then, you'll find yourself posting tons and your number of posts will be a very large number, just like the rest of ours. I remember at one point, YT and I both had the same number of posts on the same day, I thought it odd and private messaged him telling him so. Don't think he responded, hum, now I'm annoyed:(, 808 was the number, but now, he is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over my number, he must be a busy guy typing away.........I hate that any body has me beat:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL:

My day will include [but won't be limited to]:

perusing the stores for yet more butter dishes.:LOL: If I get lucky, I'll post any fun finds
taking a bath first though
breakfast out of the way
taking a truckload of esterC, as I'm trying to fend off a cold
dinner'll be M&S again
bed and then, up and more work:huh:

Tiring but a productive day. It was my usual every 2 weeks in "town" for supplies, etc. Well, 11 hours, 23 stops and 85 miles later, I'm home. Now I know why I only do this every 2 weeks.

My first stop was to pick up some chairs for one of Buck's customers. Beautiful old oak dining chairs with spindle backs and cane seats. The cane seats were toast. They'll be as good as new soon.

Did have a bit of an "oasis" this afternoon when I stopped at a dear friend's house to pick something up. He'd set a table on his nice screened porch. Had pot of delicious tea ready and a plate with one of the hugest, most delicious-looking brownies on it. Tea, brownie and company were a nice respite from my busy, nearly-harried day. Got to play a while with his wonderful golden retriever, Molly Gale. Threw sticks, etc. I left refreshed and ready to tackle the rest of my tasks.

Came home to the smells of dinner cooking. It's Buck's job to make dinner on my shopping day. Thank God!! I'm nearly ready to collapse.

'Cept, we're sitting on our big front porch and are being entertained by our 5 little kittens. Best show on "porch TV!" What fun!!
Gad you poor thing you. 'I'm' tired reading this and thinking of all those stops and effort you put in today. But the kitty's, yep, they are worth sitting a spell for and dinner prepared, that's the best ending to a wonderfully productive day. I think I made that word up:huh:

House cleaning
job interviewing
errand running
breakfast, lunch, dinner cooking
clothes washing.
LOST watching!

-calling Dad... Lordy-be, is that a task! he gabs & gabs. i needed a recipe, DAD, sheesh!!!:wacko:
-visitors
-bubble bath (yay! i LOVE bubble baths!)
-cooking lunch
-napping
-discusscooking
-cook dinner
-movie with jake
-nap
-few drinks with a snack, or a gingerale, depends if i'm sleepy
-sleep

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom