What's on your schedule for today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
What we're doing today is driving through Colorada on our way back home. So the last leg of our trip will take us through the entirety of Colorado then into Utah a bit of Arizona and into Las Vegas where I'll get a few baby kisses, then back home to California.

This driving venture has been incredible. The weather, we've managed to beat by one day so far. In other words, we're always, so far, just one day ahead of the scary stuff out there, ie. snow snow snow. The scenery is so lovely, the animals are everywhere. I've never seen so many deer or should I say, white rumps stairing at us from afar or very close. Cows are plentiful as are sheep.

So what are you doing today? Anything fun, anything out of the ordinary, or everything usual, just a typical day...We're both returning home to health oriented apts. His a checkup and probable xrays Friday for a really really sore left shoulder and a cough that won't stop, me for that root canal for Dr. Dimwit on Saturday.​

That sounds like a wonderful drive. I've only done the eastern half of the country, always flew over the western half. Can't wait to do that!

Today I have so much going on I may just short circuit and do nothing. I want to get my house cleaned up, give 2 kids baths (1 down 1 to go) take them to the playground, wash the outsides of my windows, finish my seed starting, get all the laundry put away......

Nothing terribly exciting but boy would I be excited to get it all done before starting on dinner!

your trip sounds fantastic, lefse! wish i was in the back seat.

enjoy those baby kisses. :)

a normal day for me today. work, then home for dinner. hopefully, i'll get a little time in the garden to get things started. i'm taking tomorrow off to get the colder weather stuff in (yes, i'm late), and to go to my boy's spring recital.
i had to tie up the bushes in front of our house because we're having the foundation scraped and repainted today, so i'll check on the progress when i get home. my forearms look like i had a fight with a dozen kittens from tying up the english holly bushes.

coffee on the deck, reading, beach walking, lunch and drinks with friends, sun worshiping, reading, playing on this silly machine, shell finding... :)

just got back from "town" getting a hair cut. Next project is to cut up 65 pounds of Red Norland (15#) and Yukon Gold (50#) potatoes in preparation to plant them soon. But that means firing up the golf cart for its maiden voyage this season, dh says no problem. Then level out the mess I made finally digging out the geriatric asparagus crowns. I am taking charge of 50 new crowns soon, to match the other 50 I have planted over the past two years. Beautiful weather right now!!!!!

Spring Recital BT? That sounds sooooo cute! What will he be doing in it?

Went to ballet this morning. I have been so busy with performances that I haven't been able to go since March. It was great to go to a challenging class.
Home with the kids now while dh goes for a mountain bike ride. I need to go scrub and scrub and scrub the kitchen floors. Dh had to sand the ceiling yesterday and the dust is not coming off the floors.
I'm teaching tonight and then will hopefully have a quiet evening with dh after I get home.

Well, it's not on my schedule anymore, but I closed shop early today and went for a long bike ride with a couple of my buddies, enjoying the sunny weather in the high sixties. First I dropped of a container of the chicken & slippery dumplings soup to my sister at work, for her and my BIL, then my buddies and I met up and grabbed lunch down at an outdoor greasy spoon on Presque Isle Peninsula, Took a cruise around that, then took the lake roads into Ohio to gas up, then meandered southeast to Edinboro, PA (saw a bald eagle on that leg :)), grabbed "A" beer, then we split up and I headed home at a not so leisurely pace :D which was fun.

Now I'm trying to decide what's for dinner.

Well, it's not on my schedule anymore, but I closed shop early today and went for a long bike ride with a couple of my buddies, enjoying the sunny weather in the high sixties. First I dropped of a container of the chicken & slippery dumplings soup to my sister at work, for her and my BIL, then my buddies and I met up and grabbed lunch down at an outdoor greasy spoon on Presque Isle Peninsula, Took a cruise around that, then took the lake roads into Ohio to gas up, then meandered southeast to Edinboro, PA (saw a bald eagle on that leg :)), grabbed "A" beer, then we split up and I headed home at a not so leisurely pace :D which was fun.

Now I'm trying to decide what's for dinner.
OK, I definitely like Pacanis's schedule better than Suzie's!!!!

Today is my regular every two-week trip to "town" to get supplies, etc.

I left at 9:15 a.m. and drove the almost 30 miles to my destination. Had to first meet with a new customer about restoring some oak dining chairs. Picked up two chairs and then headed on to my day of in-and-out of the car.

Had a bit of a respite when I visited with and had lunch with a good friend. We went to a new restaurant and had a wonderful lunch. Browsed antiques shops and boutiques on the way back to his jewelry store. The weather was postcard perfect so it was a nice walk back to his store.

When it was all said and done, I drove 88 miles, made 23 stops and arrived home at 6 p.m. Looooong day. Glad it's only every two weeks.

Thank goodness Buck cooks dinner on these days.

How do you get Lego girl to walk 2 miles? Fisher can do it but I'm not sure he would if I wanted him to.

She and Melon boy get to cheat, we bring the wagon. 8 yr old rides his bike.
All we need to complete the ensemble (sp?) is clown suits and a teeny car!

today.... lets see... see yesterdays plans and take away the lunch with friends and replace it with a bus ride into the Golden zone for some window shopping. Every thing else will be pretty much the same.

Your schedule sounds more fun than mine. Mine is to avoid going anywhere that might tempt me to spend money because pay day isn't until tomorrow. That pretty much means I'm staying home. So I will pitter around the house doing chores a pregnant woman shouldn't do to try and make the baby come, and then go for a maternal checkup at 3:45 to see if there is ANY progress. Then I'll take my accident prone child to get his stitches removed, cook some dinner, make some shakes...that sort of thing.

I woke up at 5AM, took a shower, got dressed for work, went to work at 6AM. 17 mile drive, got to work at 6:57AM. Now I'm at work, working. At 3PM I'll go home, and it'll take nearly another hour to make the 17 mile drive. Get home close to 4PM, make dinner for the wife, have dinner and watch some TV. Then I have to work on my research paper and look into apartments/townhomes/condos for when I have to move in July. Go to bed around 9PM and repeat tomorrow. Also throw in cleaning, dishes, etc. in any "spare time" I may have.

Not quite as much fun as some of you here! It's going to be a very hectic couple of years until I finish my degree...and then I'm going to be stupid and get my MBA so add two more years onto the two(ish) years I have left right now.

But I'm not complaining...it'll all be worth it. In five years, I'll be making a ton of money to support my wife*, saving up for college funds for any kids I'll have, retirement, etc.; I'll most likely be a Project Manager by then, I'll be done with all of my school (well...I do want to get my degree in mechanical engineering eventually), and I may even be a daddy at that point! Hard work now pays off later. And my wife and I do make time for hobbies or going out together a few times every month.

* - Note, funds will also be used to support my insanely expensive hobbies. ;)

waking up with DS#2, Landons daddy, to get him off to work at 3:30am. coffee is set to go off @ 3:00 and his lunch/dinner/meal is made.

dental apt. @ 9:00 for me.
mowing lawns for the man of mine will take pretty much all day, they're big lawns.

may go see DS's best friend who got home from the hospital today. see how the day goes.

quest for a magazine for the hubster, Automobile Magazine April 2008 issue. can't find it anyway, even online. if you know how I can get one, yes, been to their web site, let me know please.​

Gesso 5 panels. Allow to dry. Sand. Repeat 6 times.
Practice graffiti techniques.
Sketch out rough design for a business card and a website.
Drop off passport application at the post office.
Send in my incorporation papers to the state.
Practice DJ set for an upcoming show (first in 2 yrs. - yikes)
Convince this sick artist to do a show with me in 6 weeks.

Guess I should get off this board and get going. Sheesh!

Last day in Mexico.. I head home tomorrow... this is making me grumpy! LOL.

I really don't have a plan for today, I finished most of my packing last night. I'm leaving almost everything I brought here so I just have one back pack to carry on the plane.

I'll be very lazy today... as soon as the sun is up I'll head out to the beach for a long walk and then laze and drink the rest of the day away.

Back
Top Bottom