What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
transformers.

a very cool movie, but i wish they backed the camera off a little to get a longer shot of the vehicles transforming.

and megan fox is smokin'...

Transformers was the last movie before Pirates that I watch. I thought it was cool. My favorite part was when Bumblebee ran off and turned from junker into a hot car.

transformers.

a very cool movie, but i wish they backed the camera off a little to get a longer shot of the vehicles transforming.

and megan fox is smokin'...

yeah i watched this last week,

i saw celtic women and "Next" yesterday.

OH yeah she's a fox alright. I remember bein at the theater watchin that and at the end of the movie when he finally gets her and they are making out and the camera is all goin slowly around them and you dont know what they are on. out of no were i was like " you better be on the hod of the camero." Thats one of my life goals is to make out on the hod of a hot car with a chik.. lol. but i think jessica alba is just as foxy as her and so is diane kruger. grr baby grr

Watched "The Ghosts of Dickens' Past". The story line is developed around the actual events which influenced Charles Dickens in his writing of "Christmas Carol". Very interesting.

I have not watched it yet but expect to any day now. It's a Wonderful Life. One of my all time favs.

:mad:Im just in the beginning of Borat already very insulting to the eastern european countries.I respect all countries and in eastern europe they have really hard lives and to make jokes about them is not funny.

:mad:Im just in the beginning of Borat already very insulting to the eastern european countries.I respect all countries and in eastern europe they have really hard lives and to make jokes about them is not funny.

Omigosh, jp. Buck and I watched Borat a while ago and were SO insulted. We'd heard a lot about it and thought the previews were fun. We still can't figure out what all the hype was about. What a waste of time!!!

Ok, I watched a few snoozers.... sorry, my opinion, but they could of cut at least 20 minutes out of each of these movies:

Catch and Release... decent movie, just needed to be 20 minutes shorter

Deck the Halls.... please don't bother... I cry at just about any 'do gooder' type scenario, but this I could not even muster a sniffle! Ugh... you think Borat was bad, wait till you see this!

"Lock, stock, and two smoking barrels", really great funny movie about the London underworld.

More mafia movies LOL

Great flick! It's in our DVD library. :cool:

We watched Night at the Museum again this weekend, such a funny movie!

If you liked Lock, Stock, I am sure you also watched 'Snatch' and 'Layer Cake'
Both also great entertaining pieces. Look for 'The Memory of a Killer', a Belgian one in a similar style.

If you liked Lock, Stock, I am sure you also watched 'Snatch' and 'Layer Cake'
Both also great entertaining pieces. Look for 'The Memory of a Killer', a Belgian one in a similar style.

Yup, we own Layer Cake & Snatch! Haven't seen the Belgian one, have to look that up! Thanks!

Omigosh, jp. Buck and I watched Borat a while ago and were SO insulted. We'd heard a lot about it and thought the previews were fun. We still can't figure out what all the hype was about. What a waste of time!!!
I dont understand it either.:mad:

Went and saw The Golden Compass Sunday morning. Loved it.

It comes out this weekend here, we are looking forward to it as well:)

We watched August Rush a few days ago, an endearing, very charming, feel-good modern day fairy tale. I enjoyed it very much. Fred Highmore is a very talented lad (also outstanding in Finding Neverland), if he (or his agent/parents) chooses the films and roles wisely, he has got a bright future coming.

The only thing that bothered me was the relationship (if you call that a relationship indeed) of his parents. It seems hardly a foundation of such strong and profound bonding that would withstand so many years and eventually guided by something so magical. But then again the classic of the classics Romeo and Juliet were kinda like that too so who am I to complain...

You may find a lot of things that seem preposterous in this film if you choose to be "realistic", but if you are in a right mood and enjoy this type of films, you will be in for a very pleasant, enjoyable 2 hours.

You did not get the social commentary then. He was not making fun of those countries or those people. He was making fun of the idiots who think those things are true and that is how people should be treated.

You did not get the social commentary then. He was not making fun of those countries or those people. He was making fun of the idiots who think those things are true and that is how people should be treated.
:)Really? Well I think Im a some what of an intelligent person and I did not get that at all especially the naked romps in the hotel room etc.Maybe I need to see it again because I just did not get that.So if I didn't get it who else did not get it? Honestly I think you are maybe trying to get a rise out of me if not then please tell me how I should have interpreted this movie.:)

You most certainly are an intelligent person and I am not trying to get a rise out of you. I am being completely serious.

I heard an interview with him on NPR and the question was asked about if he was worried if people would just see this movie as him making fun of all sorts of minorities or gay people or what have you. His response (I do not remember exactly because it was over a year ago) was along the lines that the movie was about showing the intolerance that is out that and how stupid it is. He basically said that there were going to be two types of people who see his movie. Those who do not get it and think he is a jerk and making fun of all those people and those who do get it and realize that the people he is really making fun of are the ones who think it is OK to treat people the way it was depicted in the movie.

Take the scene where they are spending the night in the Jewish peoples house. I do not remember the scene exactly, but they were terrified that the Jews were going to turn into something (a rat maybe? I really can't remember). In real life he is Jewish. He was pointing out how stupid people are that think that Jews are any different than anyone else. He was making fun of anti-semites, not making fun of Jews.

You most certainly are an intelligent person and I am not trying to get a rise out of you. I am being completely serious.

I heard an interview with him on NPR and the question was asked about if he was worried if people would just see this movie as him making fun of all sorts of minorities or gay people or what have you. His response (I do not remember exactly because it was over a year ago) was along the lines that the movie was about showing the intolerance that is out that and how stupid it is. He basically said that there were going to be two types of people who see his movie. Those who do not get it and think he is a jerk and making fun of all those people and those who do get it and realize that the people he is really making fun of are the ones who think it is OK to treat people the way it was depicted in the movie.

Take the scene where they are spending the night in the Jewish peoples house. I do not remember the scene exactly, but they were terrified that the Jews were going to turn into something (a rat maybe? I really can't remember). In real life he is Jewish. He was pointing out how stupid people are that think that Jews are any different than anyone else. He was making fun of anti-semites, not making fun of Jews.
:)Its coming back on in a few minutes.Will watch it again with your perspective not sure I will change my mind we will see.Not only that but he was really pushing it to the limit of stupidity But you hafto know the majority of Americans are not going to get it it especially if I didnt.
Considering this thread maybe a a movie DC critics thread might be fun.:) With in limits of course;)

Back
Top Bottom