What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I caught that too, roadfix. I guess it wouldn't have made such a dramatic viewer impact if she didn't show up back home all bloody. :D

Suddenly Shrek likes basketball...arrgh!!!

An excellent reason to have more than one television!

DH is continuing his screamfest with the Final 4. Just to mess with him, I told him I placed a bet on Duke. He despises Duke. I have no idea who Duke is, thinking they're the ones with the coach who had issues.

Last edited:
Suddenly Shrek likes basketball...arrgh!!!

I am with you PF. But this is an important end right now. There is one team (senior moment) that I can't remember right now has gone undefeated for the season and has also been undefeated for these finals. I personally do not care. And fortunately Pirate will be working and he won't be dropping in to watch it. My series are on tomorrow night on PBS. I will be sitting here with a dull knife to do him in if he thinks I am going to miss them for basketball. And he better not be calling me to "check the scores Ma, check the scores." :wacko: Go to your local bar if you want the scores. :angel:

I'm upset because we were supposed to watch two movies this weekend and he is stuck on basketball, which just the other day he called the stupidest sport on earth.

I hear you, PF. However, if I am forced to watch any sport, I would prefer to watch basketball. At least the ball moves. Soccer, baseball and football are extremely painful for me to watch, I would rather watch old men fish, or paint drying.

I'll have to look up a movie for tomorrow.

Last edited:
We're pretty indifferent to college basketball, preferring football since Himself is an Ohio State University alum. However, we did have our favorites to hope for in spite of not watching/listening. Both Wisconsin and Michigan State are Big Ten teams, so we were pulling for them. Alas, Michigan lost, but Wisconsin pulled the big upset by beating undefeated Kentucky. Oh Yeah! Come Monday, it's the final game of Big Ten vs a team with a Polish coach. I win either way! :LOL: Besides, baseball (on the radio, Dawg, because even though I love the game it is boring to watch) starts for me at 7:10 when my Indians take the field. :w00t2:

Now with baseball season starting, I'm not sure we'll be watching too many movies. And there are quite a few good ones we are interested in. I'll have to keep adding them to my list on my library account.
...I would rather watch old men fish, or paint drying...
I want to be able to see an old man (Himself) painting. :glare: :LOL:

I found The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel and DVRed it, on the advice of so many of you all here. Going to start it now. :)

We had just finished watching a "Castle" rerun, and Himself had flipped over to a Samuel L. Jackson movie, "Cleaner". The summary sounded intriguing, so I stuck around for two hours. The movie probably could have covered the entire plot in a half-hour less time, but then there were all those commercials. It was still kinda interesting.

Women’s Institute film group last night. We went to see“Woman in Gold” with Helen Mirren at our little privately owned and family run cinema. We were seated on the back row - it's been a long time since I sat there ;)

It was very, very good. Even though I knew the outcome it kept me on the edge of my seat and even this hard-bitten old bat nearly needed a box of tissues on a couple of occasions.

Normally I don’t have much time for Ms Mirren but she carried the role well. A touch of the Bette Davis in a few scenes but not too intrusive.

5* recommendation.

Last edited:
I just saw the Documentary "Just Eat It - A food waste story" and it is must see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkASAZGIuu0

Can Jen Rustemeyer and Grant Baldwin survive for six whole months on discarded food? That is the full on premise for this 75 minute documentary.

A lot of the produce just does not even get to the grocery store due to it not being perfect says the documentary.

Grant and Jen go through many a dumpster bin just to find food. One was from a food shoot for a pizza place which had lots of good chicken thrown out in a dumpster.

Another dumpster was fully loaded with Hummus and it had at least 3 weeks left before the expiration date.

One segment was with Grant picking sweet potatoes that were in an unharvested area of a farm that all got donated away.

Grant and Jen photographed what they ate and cataloged all the food they did pick up. They sure did not eat like a poor person. Dishes looked pretty gourmet to me

You will watch both of their struggles to have a normal diet and fill the fridge with food. Watch as they spend little money over six months as well on food.

This documentary is a complete eye opener on our food supply.

Back
Top Bottom