What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last night my husband humored me and watched The Red Violin (again). It is such a good movie he said he didn't mind. ;-)

Watching some Charlie Chan movies. Oldies but goodies.

I love Charlie Chan movies. I love to watch any old B&W movie. My favorite ones to watch are any English mysteries. They can tell a story with the fog like no one else. It really adds to and heightens the story. :angel:

Just got done watching one of my all time favorite holiday movies-The Bishop's Wife with Cary Grant,Loretta Young, David Niven and Monty Woolley.

We had a dinner/movie date night and went to see "Lincoln". The acting was definitely Oscar worthy for both Daniel Day Lewis and Sally Field. Tommy Lee Jones was also surprisingly remarkable. Being history buffs, we both enjoyed it very much, although it's not for everyone.

We had a dinner/movie date night and went to see "Lincoln". The acting was definitely Oscar worthy for both Daniel Day Lewis and Sally Field. Tommy Lee Jones was also surprisingly remarkable. Being history buffs, we both enjoyed it very much, although it's not for everyone.

Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to see it.

I watched Jim Carrey's "The Grinch" this afternoon! Love that movie! It has become a holiday favourite along with Bill Murray's "Scrooged" which is on next Sunday!

Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to see it.

Michelle, Daniel Day Lewis really gave this movie of Lincoln a new prospective of this brave and troubled man with such a heavy personal and historical burden that he became alive for me. Sally Field was also perfectly cast with her superb acting skills as his wife with her own demons. Both the people and the actors were truly remarkable.

You mentioned earlier "The Red Violin"........also one of my very favorite movies.

Michelle, Daniel Day Lewis really gave this movie of Lincoln a new prospective of this brave and troubled man with such a heavy personal and historical burden that he became alive for me. Sally Field was also perfectly cast with her superb acting skills as his wife with her own demons. Both the people and the actors were truly remarkable.

You mentioned earlier "The Red Violin"........also one of my very favorite movies.

Thank you for sharing! It is great to share The Red Violin with another. I cannot wait for Lincoln!

I love b-rated horror films. The only way I can explain this is, I love horror & there isn't enough to satisfy my need. Anyway, I just watched The Innkeepers, greatest b horror ever. Characters are well written, gifted acting. Good story line, and no cheesy effects in attempt to make up for low budget.

When James found out I hadn't seen any of the "Tremors" movies, he bought all four of them. We have seen the first two so far. I don't like the language, but the movies were entertaining. We will see the other two soon.

That is a great film Laurie ;)

Yes, Kylie, Jim Carey as the Grinch, in my opinion is his best role ever. And all the other actors were wonderful too. The sets, costumes, makeup really put you in the middle of Whoville! Dr. Seuss would be might proud indeed! :)

We watched The Rise Of The Planet Apes again, brilliant film :)

Couldn't agree more! Such an amazing movie!!

When James found out I hadn't seen any of the "Tremors" movies, he bought all four of them. We have seen the first two so far. I don't like the language, but the movies were entertaining. We will see the other two soon.

Kevin Bacon, Burt Ward, Reba McIntyre... Tremors was an instant classic for me. I liked that the movies were all just a little bit different while still trying to stick to a main "story". They did get a little cheesier too, but I found it worked :)

After many recommendations, I finally watched John Carter. Turned out to be an EXCELLENT movie. Very enjoyable in all the right ways - funny, suspenseful, dramatic - but most of all, believable. For a movie set on Mars anyways!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom