"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-20-2006, 03:55 AM   #1
Head Chef

Where are you guys?

i was just wondering where have all the old friends on DC gone? Crewsk,luvs_food,middie,bangbang,sierracook,and so many others...i had been out of touch with DC for a long time myself,because of the baby and moving out of States etc.But i'm back now,and log in everyday,infact at least 4 or 5 times a day,and i've noticed so many of you dont come here anymore.....i'm missing the old times,actually nostalgic and a little sad,missing my home in MN,USA,and the old DC.

Old 06-20-2006, 07:56 AM   #2
Head Chef

Many you mentioned are still around but they don't post as frequently as they used to. You could use the Private Messaging feature if there are particular people you're missing and want to be in contact with. Just find them in the Members List and go from there.

Where did you move to? I'm sorry you're missing your old home.

Old 06-20-2006, 08:21 AM   #3
Chief Eating Officer

Middie and Sierracook are still around. You must just be missing them when you are on.

Crewsk did not have internet access for a while, but she just got it again this week. She only is able to be on about 10-15 minutes a day right now though. Hopefully that will change soon.

luvs food has changed her name to just luvs. She is not on very often right now as she is in school to become a chef. She does not have a lot of free time anymore I am sure, but she still pokes her head in to say hi every once in a while.

We have not heard from Bangbang in quite a while, but I think someone here has possibly talked to him on another site. I hope he is doing well!
Old 06-20-2006, 09:08 AM   #4
Master Chef

I'm glad you're back, Sarah! You're little one (who's not so little already!) is just adorable--love those big eyes! Where are you living now? I didn't realize you'd moved again.

GB gave you the run down on the folks you asked about. I remember last summer some people's schedules changed and we didn't see them as regularly, also. I'm where you were a few months ago--too busy with the baby to be on as much as I'd like!

Welcome "home!"
Old 06-21-2006, 02:47 AM   #5
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Z
Many you mentioned are still around but they don't post as frequently as they used to. You could use the Private Messaging feature if there are particular people you're missing and want to be in contact with. Just find them in the Members List and go from there.

Where did you move to? I'm sorry you're missing your old home.
The Z!what i meant was i miss seeing them posting as frequently as they used to and sharing cooking experiencing with them and other things!i know all about the private messaging system...
Old 06-21-2006, 02:49 AM   #6
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB
Middie and Sierracook are still around. You must just be missing them when you are on.

Crewsk did not have internet access for a while, but she just got it again this week. She only is able to be on about 10-15 minutes a day right now though. Hopefully that will change soon.

luvs food has changed her name to just luvs. She is not on very often right now as she is in school to become a chef. She does not have a lot of free time anymore I am sure, but she still pokes her head in to say hi every once in a while.

We have not heard from Bangbang in quite a while, but I think someone here has possibly talked to him on another site. I hope he is doing well!
thanks so much GB on the update about everyone!its a relief that some of the old members are still around!
Old 06-21-2006, 02:58 AM   #7
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Baker
I'm glad you're back, Sarah! You're little one (who's not so little already!) is just adorable--love those big eyes! Where are you living now? I didn't realize you'd moved again.

GB gave you the run down on the folks you asked about. I remember last summer some people's schedules changed and we didn't see them as regularly, also. I'm where you were a few months ago--too busy with the baby to be on as much as I'd like!

Welcome "home!"
PA Baker! it is so good to hear from you!!!
I have moved back to Pakistan 5 months before and now i'm in lahore,thats where hubby dear used to live before we went to States.His parents live here too! my little one is becoming naughtier everyday! i never thought she will be,because neither i,nor hubby was a naughty kid.I have been very busy because of her teething problems etc,you know,trying to introduce new foods that she'd want to eat,not much success so far though,she seems to want to eat what i'm eating only.
anyways,i would love to see Sofia's latest pic,have you posted one here recently?i saw a couple pics back then,and she is just lovely,gorgeous little girl.i can understand how your days and nights are!and i know its so much fun,but sometimes you get a little tired,at least i do!and i think its part of bringing up a baby.Bytheway,i'm thinking about another one,shshhhh.....dont tell anyone! :D
Old 06-21-2006, 10:56 PM   #8
Master Chef

Smile

Sarah, thanks for noticing that I have not been on that frequently. The summer is my busy time of the year and when I get home from work I am usually exhausted. Plus, I am getting ready to go on vacation this weekend, so I have been spending my time preparing for that.

Sounds like you and your family are doing well. You will have to let us know about living in Pakistan. How about sharing some recipes from that country? It is very good to hear from you again and I am glad that you are back at DC.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:18 AM   #9
Head Chef

Smile

glad to know that you are doing well Sierra! good that you are gonna go on vacation.We all need a break every once in a while.
I would love to share recipes from my country.I have been before too every now n then.
all the best wishes,and have a great time on vacation!!! :D
Old 06-22-2006, 08:58 AM   #10
Sous Chef

It's the "Nice Weather Slow Period".

When the weather's pretty and the pool is open, or during the holiday season when the families descend upon us activity on the boards slows down.

When the weather is lousy and there's not much to do activity on the boards increases. :)

~ Raven ~

A great nation is not built in a lifetime, but in the lifetimes of many. - Support our troops.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote