"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-06-2011, 02:47 AM   #21
Executive Chef

I live near ChesterVisit Chester | Information and Advice on What To See and Where To Go we get a huge amount of American tourists, if I can be of any help for those who wish to visit the UK just ask

Old 01-06-2011, 08:52 AM   #22
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post

I'd like to see Jerusalem and Israel, but I'm not really willing to get my butt shot off to do it!

As much as you hear about violence in that part of the world, it is actually relatively safe to visit. I felt more safe in Israel then I do back in the US. I highly recommend you get over the fear and take a trip. You will not regret it. I have never been anywhere like Israel. It was the most amazing place that I have ever experienced. Everyone should go if they can. It can be life changing.

There is nowhere on this Earth that I do not want to visit. There used to be places that I did not think I wanted to go, until I learned more about them. India was the top of my list of places to avoid. Now it is at the top of my list to visit. If I could only pick one place though it would be Tahiti.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:36 PM   #23
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolas De Fraile View Post
I live near ChesterVisit Chester | Information and Advice on What To See and Where To Go we get a huge amount of American tourists, if I can be of any help for those who wish to visit the UK just ask
We love Chester and area! If we return I will definitely keep this in mind.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:39 PM   #24
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
As much as you hear about violence in that part of the world, it is actually relatively safe to visit. I felt more safe in Israel then I do back in the US. I highly recommend you get over the fear and take a trip. You will not regret it. I have never been anywhere like Israel. It was the most amazing place that I have ever experienced. Everyone should go if they can. It can be life changing.

There is nowhere on this Earth that I do not want to visit. There used to be places that I did not think I wanted to go, until I learned more about them. India was the top of my list of places to avoid. Now it is at the top of my list to visit. If I could only pick one place though it would be Tahiti.
I TOTALLY agree. My family cannot understand why I want to go to Israel, Lebanon, Iran, etc. so badly but I am passionate about it. My husband and I are planning to see Israel, Jordan and Egypt on a 6-week independent trip and have absolutely no qualms about going.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:55 PM   #25
Chief Eating Officer

You will have an amazing time fricassee. Just use your best judgement as you would anywhere else and you will do just fine.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:06 PM   #26
Cook

Quote:
You will have an amazing time fricassee. Just use your best judgement as you would anywhere else and you will do just fine.
I completely agree. We've traveled to many interesting countries and have always been cautious and informed travelers.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:07 PM   #27
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post

Grand Canyon is on the list.
Egypt is DEFINITELY on the list
I'd like to see Jerusalem and Israel, but I'm not really willing to get my butt shot off to do it!

I posted this a few weeks ago. TODAY Ken called and told me that we might be going to Egypt in April!!! Oh my Lord, I think I just freaked out the dog with my squeal of glee. Ken has to advertise this trip and if he sells 10-15 packages we are on our way!
Old 01-06-2011, 04:09 PM   #28
Chief Eating Officer

That is AWESOME Alix!!! I hope he makes the sales.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:10 PM   #29
Everymom

Quote:
That is AWESOME Alix!!! I hope he makes the sales.
Me too GB. I'm still sort of in shock. Excited as all get out but shocked that this dream could come true. Kate is going to do an exchange to Paris in the summer so our family is going to be doing a crapload of travelling!
Old 01-06-2011, 04:22 PM   #30
Master Chef

I love an ocean, I love a beach. I would love to go somewhere where there is a house big enough for my family a kitchen I can cook and a private beach, all to our selves, nobody else. I know there are places like that, I don't know where there are or how to find them, and most of all I'm sure we will not be able to afford it, but I would love it.