Where to eat when Traveling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
I found this great site that gives suggestions as to places to eat when traveling by car in the USA. The site has reviews, suggestions, and pictures. It is a great resource for anyone who will be traveling to a state or through states they have not been through and want to try some good places to get a bite.

Road Food

Great minds think alike, lol! I was the other day actually thinking of asking for a forum or subforum somewhere, where members could post their fave places to eat! We have such a wonderful geographical range of members - be nice to find a 'TNT' restaurant if we're out traveling!

I have known about this site for some time... but I got irritated when I wrote a review of one of the bakeries they have listed (didn't slam it... just added some of my favorites to their review). They never did add it or explain why they didn't.

I think a forum here would be a good idea (with sub-forums for each state or something). It would be a good place for DC travellers to exchange information rather than just reading a review by someone we don't know. I mean... as good as that Roadfood site is, they have almost nothing for Nevada except an old review for this place (in ELKO?) that they say they don't even know is good any more (real helpful, huh?) :huh: It might not even still BE there.

Well, if anyone ever visits Maine, you should definately make a stop at the Maine Diner in Well's Maine. I had the best chili and cheese omelet with red bliss potatoe home fries, but they also serve lunch and dinner. Great pies too! Another place to try is the Ogunquit lobster pound. GB, the Maine diner was also on the list on that site you suggested. I love diners, they have the best home style foods if your in the mood for casual dining.

Amber, I love the lobster pound! I have not tried the Maine Diner yet, but will when we are up there next month. I have been dying to try that place for a while now. I hear their lobster pie is one of the best. My in laws go there every time they go to Maine.

GB, maybe you, KElf, Andy or one of the other admins can create a forum on here for travel. People can then post inquiries for restaurants, hotels, etc. I know it's not "Discuss Traveling" but since anything and everything comes up on this forum anyway, there's no reason why we shouldn't have that sub-category listed since it is food related. Of course people can always post it in the "Off-Topic" forum but then all of the posts would get buried.

ironchef - GB brought it up for discussion and we're tossing it around now - it would have a forum of its own - or at least a sub forum of its own.

Back
Top Bottom