WOOT school starts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I go back to school on the 5th of September.

Calculus, Physics, Programming Theory, and Introduction to Modern Africa.
The last one is a "Global Diversity Gen-Ed".

I get to buy $600 worth of books next week... yay... :rolleyes:

My cupboards are stocked with pasta, rice, and other staples while I dish out tuition every month... no more steak or scallops... back to poverty until late Spring! :cry:

I go back to school on the 5th of September.

Calculus, Physics, Programming Theory, and Introduction to Modern Africa.
The last one is a "Global Diversity Gen-Ed".

I get to buy $600 worth of books next week... yay... :rolleyes:

My cupboards are stocked with pasta, rice, and other staples while I dish out tuition every month... no more steak or scallops... back to poverty until late Spring! :cry:
programing theory as in computer programing. if so thats cool. i start my network and computer engineering classes. i really need to take a math and chemistry class.

Yeah, it's a class that focuses on modeling real world situations into code - how to do it efficiently and effectively. We're using object-orientated programming - VB.

It's my second year back in school. Out of high school I did a year of the Engineering program at UMass. Last year I went back and did a year in the Business curriculum, but this year I'm back in Engineering (aiming for Electrical).

I`m looking forwards to september enrolement week also, there`s specific areas of Chemistry I want to brush up on, as I`m a little Rusty in some areas of Organics.

yes, Education is a Very Exciting thing I agree :)

ahh, an EE huh. thats cool. i have a friend who is an EE and he designs wireless devices for linksys and other companies. he deals with networking and home automation

so school started today. im pretty excited. did school start for any one else??

I like long walks on the beach, but if that's you on the right, you're too young for me.:LOL: j/k Welcome to DC.

LOL, nice.. no those two cuties are not mine. i dont have kids yet. the one in the red is a good friend of mine and the girl in the white is my 4 year old cousin. she is a doll and she is my lil shadow when ever she comes over.

EDIT
wait were you talking about my profile pic or something else... LOL.

Wow, programming theory. When I was in college a prof came in on the first day of class and told us some of the assignments would require us writing programs in Fortran (yes it was a few years ago).

It was not a computer course, it was just the assignments could only be completed on the computer.

And the first assignment would be due in less than a week. No one was going to explain how to write code to us, we were just responsible for doing it. A whole lot of us bought a book on Fortran, learned how to use punch cards, and taught ourselves to write programs in a hurry. (Punch cards actually were a luxury, I learned a few years later. Had no choice but to use paper tape. There is nothing more frustrating at 3 AM than watching your paper tape come out of the reader like confetti.)

Anyway we students worked out butts off trying to learn Fortran.

I guess in those days the theory of programming was to tell the students they would learn Fortran or fail.

We learned a lot in a hurry though.

Am just glad I don't have to go back to the classroom again.

Good luck.

Dang he is lucky. I do love school though. So are they in elementary or middle school or high school.

Well, I don't go to school, but I'm excited about my teens starting tomorrow. My 3 year old has preschool orientation tomorrow too, he starts his first year of preschool next week. Only two short mornings a week, though.

thats cool. preschool was fun for me. i loved it. well ok i liked it. i cant wait tell i have kids and they are in school making friends and meeting new people. My 4 year old cousin, she is going to preschool for another year then kindergarten when she is 6.

Back
Top Bottom