Would you pay $200,000 to fly to outer space?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I were 25 and independently wealthy, I might. I don't think I would at this stage of my life, though.

There are too many things left on my terrestrial bucket list and the years left to accomplish those things before becoming old and decrepit are running out. :rolleyes:

And don't forget to write a song about it! :yum:

Oh! I could do that also! And put it on a disc in a sleeve in the book.

I would love to go to outer space! I don't think Mamma and Papa would like this idea, but as a journalist, I see so very much potential of this!

With love,
~Cat

Wow, we have some very brave ones here! :ohmy: I am such a height wimp, there is no way I would fly to outer space. I have issues climbing on the ladder to replace the batteries in the smoke alarm. :blush:

I loved seeing the pics though, pac and GG! And Cat, I would buy your book. :ROFLMAO::)

Wow, we have some very brave ones here! :ohmy: I am such a height wimp, there is no way I would fly to outer space. I have issues climbing on the ladder to replace the batteries in the smoke alarm. :blush:

I loved seeing the pics though, pac and GG! And Cat, I would buy your book. :ROFLMAO::)

Funny, I don't like ladders...:LOL:

Ha-ha. I get sick on a swing set. I can barely fly. Have to take a bunch of meds. Last time I flew hungry and without my medications I was sick for 3 days. First day drifting in and out of consciences. It was really bad. My son was about. 6 or 7 at the time and he was trying to take care of me. Poor kid. He must have been so scared. Oh yeah, little detail $200000.00 I've only heard of that kind money ;-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Last edited:
The whole thing seems like an episode from the Twilight Zone.

"Have you seen your Aunt Bea lately?"

"No, I think she took a little trip into outer space, Mwahahaha!!!"

Plus, with my luck, I would get stuck holding Justin Bieber's emesis bag! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

The whole thing seems like an episode from the Twilight Zone.

"Have you seen your Aunt Bea lately?"

"No, I think she took a little trip into outer space, Mwahahaha!!!"

Plus, with my luck, I would get stuck holding Justin Bieber's emesis bag! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

:LOL::LOL:

That is a very cool variation on Space Oddity. Thanks for posting it.

Have you not seen that before, Taxy? It was all over Facebook last summer. It's the real Commander Tom Hadfield, the first Canadian commander of the International Space Station. He has a Facebook page and posted lots of pix from space. My Earth science geek/teacher hubby and friends loved it :)

Last edited:
I could do that!

I love to fly, and I love to go fast. I can't here because of speed limits on the ground but in the sky, it would be fun!

I like that feeling of being stuffed into your seat when the jetliner leaves the ground. That power! Oh, I love that!

And the feeling of being separated of the Earth is so exhiliarating! It is such freedom!

I envy birds. I want to learn to fly a plane one day!

With love,
~Cat

Have you not seen that before, Taxy? It was all over Facebook last summer. It's the real Commander Tom Hadfield, the first Canadian commander of the International Space Station. He has a Facebook page and posted lots of pix from space. My Earth science geek/teacher hubby and friends loved it :)
Nope, I missed that. It would have been extra cool if his name were Tom, because he was a commander and then he would have been Commander Tom, but his name is Chris Hadfield.

Oh!

"Put out my hand, and touched the face of God."

This brought tears, it is so very beautiful. Thank you so much! I love this!

With love,
~Cat

Cat, I don't know if you know this poem, but my husband who is a pilot has been caring a copy of it in his flight log since 1975. It always gives me shivers when I recite it to myself when I fly with him.
Enjoy....

High Flight - YouTube

Yes! You have me checking plane ticket prices...this was wonderful and I found the Sonnet online, I will be printing it out.

Yes! You have me checking plane ticket prices...this was wonderful and I found the Sonnet online, I will be printing it out.

Oh do fly, Ogress! When you look out that window at 30,000 feet, your chest will feel odd with very much emotion!

With love,
~Cat

Back
Top Bottom