"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 09-24-2006, 10:48 AM   #11
Executive Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Took the kids shopping on Saturday and after 4 hours at the mall, I was too tired to look to get me anything. That's usually how it goes when the kids come along. Later, my daughter invited her friend to come grocery shopping with us but we made a quick stop at the Tokyo Market. It was so cool! From Korean and Chinese to Japanese food in there. We ended up buying some Korea coffee candies and Korea waffle, coffee and chocolate ice cream (sandwiched in waffles)...the most delicious treat I've had in a while. Yummy! That treat saved our trip to Starbucks. We ended up spending quite some time there but could not find the cassava which I need to make the Filipino coconut dessert. I surely need to find a Philipino market for that. We all had fun at the grocery store since I had the girls playing races with me finding items on the list. We decided to get all items for cupcakes but it was quite late when we got home. That's my exciting weekend-running around with two 10 year olds and my 3 year old boy looking and buying food. HeeHee

Today will be an indoor day since it's raining for once, and both my kids have projects to work on. Oh, and the girls and I are baking since JaYoon slept over. That'll be fun. Hope everyone's having a great weekend.

If you have much, give of your wealth. If you have little, give of your heart. - Arab proverb
Dina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 11:20 AM   #12
Master Chef
Originally Posted by Katie E
Our weekend will begin today. Nothing but severe weather since Friday. Tornadoes, high winds, rain. We got 11 1/2 inches of rain in about 30 hours. A state of emergency was issued for our county yesterday afternoon. The fire department was evacuating people from their flooded/flooding homes late yesterday afternoon. I'm glad we live on a nice big hill.

Our yard and driveway looks like a war zone. We lost a tree in the front yard. It fell across the driveway, so will spend part of today getting it moved. Broken limbs on other trees and lots of debris in the yard. Although, this morning it's clear and beautifully sunny. I'm REALLY ready for some sunshine!

I imagine Constance experienced the same type of weather we did. We're a short distance south and east of where she is.
I think you all got it worse than we did, Katie, especially the rain. I'm just glad you're OK.

We get by with a little help from our friends
Constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 07:39 PM   #13
Executive Chef
Contstance & Katie E, glad to hear you and your families are safe! What crazy weather!

Speaking of crazy, dh has this idea of cleaning the house & car, changing the oil in his motorcycle & car and mowing the lawn tonight. Dinner too and putting the kids to bed. It's already 5:30, we just got home. I'm so tired and I hurt my back in rehearsals today. 5 hours of rehearsing these really physically exhausting dance pieces and I'd just like to take it easy.
"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings." http://aidancallum.blogspot.com/
corazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 08:42 PM   #14
Executive Chef
Well we planned on apple picking but that was a wash out. The entire weekend has been rainy. Laundry, cooking, cleaning is about all I did.
amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 08:51 PM   #15
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
They put up a basketball hoop at nearby park lately, so we bought a basketball and shot some hoops yesterday afternoon(Saturday). Boy I was rusty, it's been almost 10 years since I touched a basketball and but it all came back after a while, I still have to work on dribbles a bit more but I still could make free throws better than Shaquille O'neal!!

We watched StormBreaker (The boy must have gone through the same growth spurt Daniel Radcliffe did after he got picked for Harry Potter... he looked a bit too old for being 14 but did a pretty good job nonetheless, I enjoyed it), then snoozed a couple of hours to get up at 7 (Sunday morning) to see MotoGP in Japan. It was way too early for us for sunday, we fell back asleep after the race and slept well into the afternoon!
urmaniac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 09:33 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Mark this down on your calendars guys. I actually had a Saturday off !!!
So, we went to pretty popular Flea Market aound here. My gosh that place is HUGE !!! And tey had more vendors outside. You could easily spend a whole day there. Then the factory the bf works at had their 100th year anniversay. So we went to that and he showed us around this very small cramped factory. And they had catered lunch and a raffle. It was quite miserble actually. Too many people and not enough room. Needless to say we were bored and didn't stay but a few hours. Then after that we did a little bit of shopping and I got new curtains for my kitchen door.

Today I worked but it wasn't a bad day at all.

middie is offline   Reply With Quote