Your weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
How's everyone's weekend going? Enjoying yourself? Let's hear it, what did you do?

Today we got up and went to this pastry place we like. They have great hot chocolate but they were out. :( Then dh offered to take the kids to the park while I went to the farmer's market. It was so nice to take my time and enjoy the market. Usually I have a kid in each arm, so it's a dash to buy what we need and get out of there. Today I got to look around, I even bought myself some flowers. :flowers: Then we came home and I had 2 hours to make a cake and some soup (potato leek, the leeks were huge at the market). Then I went back into town sans kids to a rehearsal. For some reason it kinda bummed me out. I went to Cold Stone afterwards and read my book for a few minutes to decompress. Came home to a house that was a disaster. Did much cleaning while dh sat around :mad: watching tv and messing on the computer. Then we watched LOST on dvd. That got me in a better mood.:-p Now I'm rounding off my day with a visit to my pals here at dc.

Tomorrow, 5 hours of rehearsal will pretty much book my day. Then we're coming home and I'm making pesto with all that basil I bought. We'll have some kind of pasta or maybe stuffed chicken for dinner. It's supposed to be beautiful here tomorrow. Clear and 71F sounds like a day to be spent outside. I'll soak it up while I still have the chance.

Good morning!

I had a grueling week at work last week. Friday night ended extremely early. Yesterday, Lou and I did a bit of shopping earlier in the day and then went to the movies. We saw Black Dahlia. We got home about 6ish, and then I made some bread, while he mixed cocktails. After a quick shower, we worked on dinner. Both my kids were home, and both had lots of company in various rooms of the house.

Today, the weather gods are calling for rain and thunderstorms so I will look forward to enjoying those. I imagine it's going to be a bit laid back around here today.

I worked yesterday, came home and cooked watched The Wedding Crashers, I only laughed at one part.
Today, I have to go pay my electric, since I forgot to put it in the mail, then, I'm laying in my room and watching The Chronicles of Narnia. Isn't my life exciting??? LOL

We had more excitement than we needed Friday evening, as the tornadoes were hip-hopping all over the place. The sirens went off here a little before 5:00, when one was spotted about 6 miles to the west, heading straight for us. Our son-in-law and grandson were here, but my daughter was just leaving work, so I was quite anxious until she pulled in the driveway.
A weird thing happened as my husband and I were standing in the front entry, watching the sky before the rain hit. What appeared to be a big piece of cardboard came drifting down out of the sky and landed nearby.
The tornado ended up doing what the others have always done before...once it reached the Big Muddy River and the big hill we live on, it went straight up.
Once the storm was over, Kim went outside to check on things, and what we thought was cardboard turned out to be a big piece of chipboard that had been ripped off someone's house. It's very heavy stuff...amazing how it drifted down like a feather. Must have been the low pressure from the twister.
It continued to storm and rain all night and most of the day yesterday. We must have had 3-4" of rain.
Today, the sun has come out. It's crisp and cool, a very lovely fall day.

Last edited:
Constance said:
We had more excitement than we needed Friday evening, as the tornadoes were hip-hopping all over the place. The sirens went off here a little before 5:00, when one was spotted about 6 miles to the west, heading straight for us. Our son-in-law and grandson were here, but my daughter was just leaving work, so I was quite anxious until she pulled in the driveway.
A weird thing happened as my husband and I were standing in the front entry, watching the sky before the rain hit. What appeared to be a big piece of cardboard came drifting down out of the sky and landed nearby.
The tornado ended up doing what the others have always done before...once it reached the Big Muddy River and the big hill we live on, it went straight up.
Once the storm was over, Kim went outside to check on things, and what we thought was cardboard turned out to be a big piece of chipboard that had been ripped off someones house. It's very heavy stuff...amazing how it drifted down like a feather. Must have been the low pressure from the twister.
It continued to storm and rain all night and most of the day yesterday. We must have had 3-4" of rain.
Today, the sun has come out. It's crisp and cool, a very lovely fall day.

Scary weather!! I'm glad that everything is okay with you!!

Yesterday,I got to spend the entire day with my hubby- he has been putting in long hours so this was a real treasure. We didn't do anything special but, it was it was nice having alone time together.Today is Football Sunday here so, Dennis and Laurie and friends will be here to yell at the tvs!!!Because of the weather is lousy- everything will be inside.Hope everyone is having a good one!!!!Love and energy, Vicki

Yesterday dh and I spent the entire day cleaning out the garage. Whew!!
We've been in our house 10 mos, and are finally sure which things we needed to keep and which need to be 'set free', as it were. His mom came over mid-day and brought lunch for us and the kids - what a wonderful surprise!
Then we took the dog for a nice walk. We actually were able to meet 3 different neighbors we'd not yet met - it was so nice! Later on this afternoon we're to go to m-i-l's for a ham supper.

Our weekend will begin today. Nothing but severe weather since Friday. Tornadoes, high winds, rain. We got 11 1/2 inches of rain in about 30 hours. A state of emergency was issued for our county yesterday afternoon. The fire department was evacuating people from their flooded/flooding homes late yesterday afternoon. I'm glad we live on a nice big hill.

Our yard and driveway looks like a war zone. We lost a tree in the front yard. It fell across the driveway, so will spend part of today getting it moved. Broken limbs on other trees and lots of debris in the yard. Although, this morning it's clear and beautifully sunny. I'm REALLY ready for some sunshine!:)

I imagine Constance experienced the same type of weather we did. We're a short distance south and east of where she is.

Took the kids shopping on Saturday and after 4 hours at the mall, I was too tired to look to get me anything. That's usually how it goes when the kids come along. Later, my daughter invited her friend to come grocery shopping with us but we made a quick stop at the Tokyo Market. It was so cool! From Korean and Chinese to Japanese food in there. We ended up buying some Korea coffee candies and Korea waffle, coffee and chocolate ice cream (sandwiched in waffles)...the most delicious treat I've had in a while. Yummy! That treat saved our trip to Starbucks. We ended up spending quite some time there but could not find the cassava which I need to make the Filipino coconut dessert. I surely need to find a Philipino market for that. We all had fun at the grocery store since I had the girls playing races with me finding items on the list. We decided to get all items for cupcakes but it was quite late when we got home. That's my exciting weekend-running around with two 10 year olds and my 3 year old boy looking and buying food. HeeHee

Today will be an indoor day since it's raining for once, and both my kids have projects to work on. Oh, and the girls and I are baking since JaYoon slept over. That'll be fun. Hope everyone's having a great weekend.

Last edited:
Katie E said:
Our weekend will begin today. Nothing but severe weather since Friday. Tornadoes, high winds, rain. We got 11 1/2 inches of rain in about 30 hours. A state of emergency was issued for our county yesterday afternoon. The fire department was evacuating people from their flooded/flooding homes late yesterday afternoon. I'm glad we live on a nice big hill.

Our yard and driveway looks like a war zone. We lost a tree in the front yard. It fell across the driveway, so will spend part of today getting it moved. Broken limbs on other trees and lots of debris in the yard. Although, this morning it's clear and beautifully sunny. I'm REALLY ready for some sunshine!:)

I imagine Constance experienced the same type of weather we did. We're a short distance south and east of where she is.

I think you all got it worse than we did, Katie, especially the rain. I'm just glad you're OK.

Contstance & Katie E, glad to hear you and your families are safe! What crazy weather!

Speaking of crazy, dh has this idea of cleaning the house & car, changing the oil in his motorcycle & car and mowing the lawn tonight. Dinner too and putting the kids to bed. It's already 5:30, we just got home. I'm so tired and I hurt my back in rehearsals today. 5 hours of rehearsing these really physically exhausting dance pieces and I'd just like to take it easy.

Well we planned on apple picking but that was a wash out. The entire weekend has been rainy. Laundry, cooking, cleaning is about all I did.

They put up a basketball hoop at nearby park lately, so we bought a basketball and shot some hoops yesterday afternoon(Saturday). Boy I was rusty, it's been almost 10 years since I touched a basketball and but it all came back after a while, I still have to work on dribbles a bit more but I still could make free throws better than Shaquille O'neal!!:LOL:

We watched StormBreaker (The boy must have gone through the same growth spurt Daniel Radcliffe did after he got picked for Harry Potter... he looked a bit too old for being 14 but did a pretty good job nonetheless, I enjoyed it), then snoozed a couple of hours to get up at 7 (Sunday morning) to see MotoGP in Japan. It was way too early for us for sunday, we fell back asleep after the race and slept well into the afternoon!:mrgreen:

Mark this down on your calendars guys. I actually had a Saturday off !!!
So, we went to pretty popular Flea Market aound here. My gosh that place is HUGE !!! And tey had more vendors outside. You could easily spend a whole day there. Then the factory the bf works at had their 100th year anniversay. So we went to that and he showed us around this very small cramped factory. And they had catered lunch and a raffle. It was quite miserble actually. Too many people and not enough room. Needless to say we were bored and didn't stay but a few hours. Then after that we did a little bit of shopping and I got new curtains for my kitchen door.

Today I worked but it wasn't a bad day at all.

Back
Top Bottom