"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Fruit & Nuts
View Poll Results: HOW OFTEN DO YOU EAT CRANBERRIES?
EVERYDAY 0 0%
ONCE A MONTH 4 14.29%
DURING THE HOLIDAYS 10 35.71%
ARE YOU KIDDING I HATE CRANBERRIES 3 10.71%
OTHER CHOICE...PLEASE ELABORATE... 11 39.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2006, 11:44 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
We love cranberries. I always have them in the house. Dried ones in the pantry and, like Half Baked, I buy plenty when they're in season to freeze for use during the remainder of the year.

I use them in breads, with oatmeal, with sweet potatoes, fruit salads, all sorts of different ways. I also have a gazillion recipes for cranberry sauces/chutney that are great with poultry and pork dishes. Love the little ruby suckers!!!

Old 10-16-2006, 11:47 AM   #12
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpershere2
chefjune, I had a aunt that had to use caps because of eyesite and someone came in to the forum and asked her the same thing, why are you screaming??. She was so hurt she quit the forum and sadly,their loss. Why is it so important not to use CAPS?There are some people I notice that use them and it does not bother me. In fact I can see their message better also.
Thumper, I didn't make up that all caps are cyber screaming... it's computer etiquette. If someone really has a problem, all they have to do is respond and let folks know. Too bad your Aunt was so intimidated.

Old 10-16-2006, 11:52 AM   #13
Head Chef

We eat them with turkey during the big winter turkey season, lol, but we tend not to have turkey for Christmas. I like cranberries and DH loves them, so perhaps I should make an effort to use them more.

We used to drink cranberry juice but we have cut back on all but veg juices, and I always bought crnberry juice rather than juicing them.

I dealt with DH's cranberry craving with supermarket turkey pies with cranberries on top in lunch boxes last year.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:28 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
I do love crans but they're kind of hard to find in my area except around the holidays.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:48 PM   #15
Executive Chef

I absolutely love cranberries! I can eat cranberry sauce all the time. Now that autumn is here, I get to buy the fresh ones in one-pound packs for real cooking.

So, while I cannot say every day, once a month is not enough...and more often in the autumn!
Old 10-16-2006, 05:23 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
I would like to take this opportunity to clarify the ALL CAPS issue since it is being discussed - but I will do it on a different thread located here.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:14 PM   #17
Head Chef

I really love and enjoy Cranberries and I usually get them out of a can. I especially like the ones that are in a jelly style.

I could order fresh cranberries on line when I do my grocery shopping but I am too lazy to fix them from stratch.

Thank you for sharing.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:17 PM   #18
Head Chef

I love cranberries in most forms. I fall in somewhere between every day and once a month. Something like once a week or so, but more around the holidays.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:41 PM   #19
Executive Chef

LIke half baked, I also buy many bags of the fresh cranberries and freeze them to use until next fall. I usually just eat cransberries around the holidays, but have been making apple and cranberry pies lately. I actually like the canned cranberry sauce, but maybe it's time to learn how to make the fresh version. Can someone post a recipe in the fruits forum please?
Old 10-17-2006, 09:23 AM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

i buy bags of cranberries in the fall, and put them straight into the freezer for use the rest of the year.
they're very good as ice packs on injuries.

my mil used to make her own cranberry sauce that was deelish! sadly, another recipe she didn't pass on.

i absolutely love cranberry muffins, and crannberries in apple pies. my birds love them as well, but it looks like there was a bloody murder in their cages and on the walls when they're done eating.

we eat canned cranberry sauce all year, mostly as a side with chicken or pork. we also drink about a gallon a week of ocean spray light cranberry juice.

did you know that straight cranberry juice (no sugar added) is a natural cavity fighter? much like using scope or listerine.

oh, i voted other because i'd say it's less than everyday, but more than once a month.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
None