How long do you deep fry shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
does bang bang shrimp consist of some type of batter? Shrimp cook really fast. If they are fried in batter, just until the batter is browned. They will be completely cooked, I assure you! What is this bang bang shrimp?

It only takes 2 or 3 minutes to fry the shrimp. Barbarainnc started a Bang Bang Shrimp thread. http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f16/my-version-bang-bang-shrimp-17930.html

I've made it twice in a week. So good! And then I ran out of shrimp!!!

I use a flour, cayenne, salt, paprika mixture for breading. Deep fry for a couple of minutes until the shrimp curl, then coat them with the sauce mixture that Barbara described.

twice in a week, huh? They must have been really good! Did you serve them as an appetizer or as a main? and if main dish, what did you pair them with.

The recipe looks pretty spicy, which my hubby would love but my girls would not love! So they could just eat the shrimp without the sauce, eh?

Thank you for the info on bang bang shrimp. I have also fixed a couple of times and will have it again this weekend. Anybody who likes spicy foods will love this.

Back
Top Bottom