Asparagus on the Grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love asparagus on the grill with some fresh lime juice.
A friend of mine also gave me a great recipe for asparagus on the grill great to bring to a party and really easy.
Wrap Asparagus with prosciutto and place on the grill, take off when prosciutto gets crispy. Your friends will love you for it I promise.

VeraBlue said:
I agree that your recipe is spot on, but I would reject the idea of avoiding pencil thin spears. Those are the youngest and sweetest. The larger ones are old and tend to lose a bit of flavour when they get that old. Just grill them for a shorter amount of time.

I agree VeraBlue. I grilled asparagus for the first time about a week ago and used the pencil thin stalks. The key was to keep an eye on them to make sure that they did not overcook.

Oh I adore grilled asparagus. I do enjoy the thin more but most often they are not available. When only the thicker ones are available I snap off the tough end and use my veggie peeler to take off about 3/4 of the tough outer layer.

As far as grilling the thin ones.....they sell little pans for the grill....kind of like mini baking pans with holes in it and they're perfect for smaller veggies.

I prepare my asparagus the same way and sometimes add fresh lemon juice also.

Poppinfresh said:
I too disagree on some points... The last being cutting them. You don't need to cut them. All you have to do is grab the stalk with one hand just below the crown and at the base with the other hand and then snap them. Wherever the stalk breaks off is the spot by which the stalk should be reduced.

I've broken my asparagus at the base as well for years, but about a year ago had a chef recommend breaking the first half dozen stalks, then use them as a template for where to cut the rest of the stalks. Saves lots of time when you're working with large quantities.

All the recipes listed sound good, but I don't have a grill. :cry: I'm sure they'll work pretty well in a hot sauté pan though.

vainglorious, as everyone else is saying - any kind of veggie on the grill is wonderful...

img_424889_0_03dbaa62392d153149de1dfc33a32071.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom