Being creative on the grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Skittles, the strong light source in the background fooled your camera into thinking your food didn't need as much light for proper exposure.

Andy M. said:
Skittles, the strong light source in the background fooled your camera into thinking your food didn't need as much light for proper exposure.

Lol too bad I was too anxious to eat to worry about it too much :) I had already eaten a couple before I remembered I wanted to take pictures. But yes, I see you're right. The couch I was sitting on happens to face the sliding glass doors in the kitchen

meat loaf on the grill is great.. you dont need a pan .. just shape and put it on some tin foil .. poke holes in the foil to let the grease drain away ...

I'm suprized no one has said - Pizza on the Grill! Pizza on the grill rivals pizza in a brick oven. It is so good. Top with your favorites, place on a pizza pan, or into a large CI pan. Perfect flavor. Of course, I'm talking a Webber Kettle, with good charcoal.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Chief Longwind Of The North said:
I'm suprized no one has said - Pizza on the Grill! Pizza on the grill rivals pizza in a brick oven. It is so good. Top with your favorites, place on a pizza pan, or into a large CI pan. Perfect flavor. Of course, I'm talking a Webber Kettle, with good charcoal.

I said pizza on page 2 :)

See post #30 on page 3:

Grilled eggplant parmesan pizza & grilled caesar salad pizzas are great on the grill.

When i get more practice with my indoor grills...

Grilled (shrimp) panzanella salad (on skewers) is on the list.

Grilled Shrimp Panzanella Salad Recipe | MyRecipes.com

Another interesting recipe...

Grilled Garlic Mussels:

Grilled garlic mussels

Or clams on the grill.

This is a lengthy thread with lots of ideas, but I too, sometimes miss a few posts ;-)

Bisquits are great on a smoker/grill. I've made a couple apple pies on the smoker, too. really good.

I'm too lazy to want to clean anything so it all goes on the smoker, iff possible.

kale didn't work too good....maybe cause i forgot about it for an hr.:huh:

smoker/grill is like an oven, anything goes. add a pan and it's like a stove top.

Warning, the following may be controversial. I tell it because it works, and my kids are proof.

A unique use for the grill. Just as my munchkins started to crawl, I fired up the Webber Smokey Joe until it was as hot as it would get. I then picked up teh child, and placed his or her little hand in mine, and moved it close enough to the bunrining embers that it was uncomfortable, but not yet dangerous. I then pulled both of our hands away and said firmly, "Hot!"). I repeated the process two more times. None of my children ever reached for anything that could burn them. I simply pointed to whatever could be dangerous and said "HOT!) I never pointed at something that wasn't hot and told them that it was. They knew what hot meant, and stayed away. A moment of discomfort saved them from the possibility of excruciating pain.

I've had my share of burns, some minor, one major. I didn't want my kids to have to go through that. The method worked. It seems that the Barbecues are for more than just cooking food.;)

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Chief Longwind Of The North said:
Oops:blush:. You did say it on page 2. Good job. Sorry 'bout that.:angel:

That's ok- you were just going more in depth than I did ;)

Grilled cornbread cooked in a cabbage

I came up with a pretty good one the other night. I was talking with someone about cornbread...cast iron vs Glass to cook it in. I am firmly in the cast iron camp HOWEVER..I decided to come up with in case I wanted cornbread and did not have a glass pan, an oven, or a Cast iron skillet .
I smoked a cabbage filled with my cornbread mixture...Had to go a little light on the milk to get it to set up right but it turned out great. Still tweaking it....had a great smoked flavor to it...
AvEkpE_CAAEViHI.jpg:large

Just a green cabbage ..and of course it was hollowed out a bit . Nothing special to the it .Just prep the cabbage and fill it with your usual cornbread recipe ..just use a little less milk or whatever liquid you make yours with. The cabbage does not conduct the heat as well so it is harder to get the cornbread to set with a normal mix. Cook over indirect heat or smoke it ..start it early in the days cooking cause it takes a while.

Back
Top Bottom