Whatcha think #2: Honey-BBQ Grilled Chicken
Couldn't find any BBQ sauce recipes that I could make with what I had available, so I raided the fridge and the pantry figuring the worst I could do is make something horrible that killed us with saminella.
- A full chicken breast (or 6-8 chicken legs)
- A liberal amount of store bought BBQ sauce (I probably used 1/4 of the bottle)
- A tablespoon or less of brown sugar
- A liberal 2 or 3 squirts from the honey bottle (tablespoon maybe?)
- A couple cranks on the pepper mill
- Half teaspoon of dried chilli powder
- A couple squirts of soy sauce (teaspoon or so?)
- Just dump it all in a bowl and make sure everything gets a nice covering. Maybe let it sit for a bit. I know the taste can go through it in an hour or two, but we let it sit in the fridge all day once and it was fabulous.
- Throw it on a hot grill and flip it every 5 minutes or so.
- Use one of them BBQ brushes to brush on more sauce with every flip
- Should be done in 20 minutes or so.
The sauce will blacken and crisp on the outside of the chicken, but anyplace where it doesn't will have a beautifull glossy red finish.