"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Pies & Pastries
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-30-2011, 01:17 PM   #171
Head Chef
 
callie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Hi Callie, looks good huh sugar cookie dough does sound good. Im in the hospital with pneumonia and they thought I'd had another stroke but I fooled them no new stroke and I'm getting better. wanted you to know
Talk to ya soon.
cj
I just pm'd you ((hugs))
__________________

__________________
Practice random acts of kindness.

callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:32 PM   #172
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Need some help Munky. I h ave left over prime rib some tiny potatoes have onion to chop some minced garlic I understand I need to run the pie maker whrough two cycles to get it ready. now do I cook all the filling and let them cool before adding to the dough? Can I add some thickened gravy to the filling too?
kades
__________________

__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:05 AM   #173
Honey Badger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Need some help Munky. I h ave left over prime rib some tiny potatoes have onion to chop some minced garlic I understand I need to run the pie maker whrough two cycles to get it ready. now do I cook all the filling and let them cool before adding to the dough? Can I add some thickened gravy to the filling too?
kades
I've been wondering how the pie maker has been working out for everyone.?. Yep curious minds NEEED to know. :)

Kade's,
Are your potatoes pre cooked? Steaming is quick. Uniformed cuts. Onions and Garlic can be steamed with them.
You can add everything to the gravy. Fold it all in with a rubber spatula.
I don't worry about the cycle times. When I start the dough and give the dough a few minutes rest time. That's when I plug it in to get ready.
By the time the dough is rolled and cut. The filling has already come to room temp.
It's ready to go. So yes you can add the filling when your ready. It just can't be used as refrigerated cold. That will cook the pies unevenly.

Check this out.. I hope someone here can tweak my recipe for Chicken Pot Pie... It's so close to the real thing..
Were lucky that we have the knowledge to do things ourselves.. It's sad that so many have lost their income. Not much of a comfort to them.
Marie Callender's Closes, Customers and Employees Stunned - Central Coast News KION/KCBA

Munky.
__________________
If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:35 AM   #174
Honey Badger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,287
Kades's

Now that I think of it. Somewhere in this thread. I put up a recipe for left over Prime rib. The pudding is absolutely outstanding!

This thread is getting huge. I saw that once here.. The Canning section, went to a sub form to Dehydrating... Can this Pie Maker get it's own sub form?
It's gaining popularity.. DC is the only place that I know of that actually has some useful information... Hits count for anything around here?

Munky.
__________________
If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:35 AM   #175
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
I've been wondering how the pie maker has been working out for everyone.?. Yep curious minds NEEED to know. :)

Kade's,
Are your potatoes pre cooked? Steaming is quick. Uniformed cuts. Onions and Garlic can be steamed with them.
You can add everything to the gravy. Fold it all in with a rubber spatula.
I don't worry about the cycle times. When I start the dough and give the dough a few minutes rest time. That's when I plug it in to get ready.
By the time the dough is rolled and cut. The filling has already come to room temp.
It's ready to go. So yes you can add the filling when your ready. It just can't be used as refrigerated cold. That will cook the pies unevenly.

Check this out.. I hope someone here can tweak my recipe for Chicken Pot Pie... It's so close to the real thing..
Were lucky that we have the knowledge to do things ourselves.. It's sad that so many have lost their income. Not much of a comfort to them.
Marie Callender's Closes, Customers and Employees Stunned - Central Coast News KION/KCBA

Munky.
i'll steam them tomorrow along with the onions and garlic after i get home from diyalisisThanks for the help I hope these taste good the prime rib as heaven
kades
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:13 PM   #176
Honey Badger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,287
Deep Dish Pizza's

1 Lb. Frozen or fresh bread dough
Meat sauce
Mozzarella cheese

These were made using left over spaghetti sauce.

1Lb. Ground beef. Cooked and drained.
3 Whole cloves of garlic - minced
1 Tablespoon of oregano
3 Teaspoons of basil
Kosher salt to taste.
Fresh ground black pepper
1 8oz can of tomato sauce
1 6oz can of tomato paste

Cook the ground beef and garlic together. Drain off the fat.
Add the rest of the ingredients. Simmer 30 minutes. Adjust the seasonings if you need to.

Preheat the Breville Pie Maker.

Roll out the dough to a 1/4".
Using the top crust cutter. Cut and twist the shells.

Add the crusts to the pie maker. Fill with the meat sauce. Pizza sauce if you prefer.
Top it with your choice of cheese and toppings.

Cook for 15 minutes
Makes 11 Deep dish pizzas.

__________________
If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:08 AM   #177
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
OMG, those look fantastic. Copied and pasted. Between you and Kades my menu is full for the weekend.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:22 PM   #178
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Thanks Monk,
gonna make this evening it looks so good.
kades
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:53 PM   #179
Honey Badger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,287
Bierocks Breville Style

Bierocks

1 Lb fresh or frozen bread dough
1/2 a head of shredded cabbage
1/2 onion shredded
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 1/2 Cups cooked crumbled Hamburger-drained
1 Teaspoon sugar
1 Tablespoon of vinegar
1 Teaspoon kosher salt
1 Teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper
Mozzarella cheese shredded
Melted butter

Cook the hamburger and set it aside to drain.
In a large saucepan add the vegetable oil, cabbage and onions.
Saute with the lid on until it's well steamed, cooked down.

Add the cooked hamburger, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
Cook on low heat for 15 minutes.

Preheat the Breville.
Roll the dough out to a 1/4 inch.
Using the pastry cutter large side. Cut out the circles.
Fill the dough with a 1/3 cup of the filling.
Add 2 good pinches of mozzarella cheese. Pull the edges all around the filling. Pinch to close.
Add them to the Breville. Brush the tops with the melted butter.
Cook for 20-25 minutes.

Makes 12.

__________________
If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:10 PM   #180
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Bierocks

1 Lb fresh or frozen bread dough
1/2 a head of shredded cabbage
1/2 onion shredded
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 1/2 Cups cooked crumbled Hamburger-drained
1 Teaspoon sugar
1 Tablespoon of vinegar
1 Teaspoon kosher salt
1 Teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper
Mozzarella cheese shredded
Melted butter

Cook the hamburger and set it aside to drain.
In a large saucepan add the vegetable oil, cabbage and onions.
Saute with the lid on until it's well steamed, cooked down.

Add the cooked hamburger, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
Cook on low heat for 15 minutes.

Preheat the Breville.
Roll the dough out to a 1/4 inch.
Using the pastry cutter large side. Cut out the circles.
Fill the dough with a 1/3 cup of the filling.
Add 2 good pinches of mozzarella cheese. Pull the edges all around the filling. Pinch to close.
Add them to the Breville. Brush the tops with the melted butter.
Cook for 20-25 minutes.

Makes 12.
Thanks Monk, youngest daughter and the kids will be here on Sat. to help irrigate so this will be dinner should make them all happy.
cj
__________________

__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
None

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.