Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine is now ordered and I can hardly wait. Hang in there kids Ma is coming:LOL:
These recipes are great and I'm sure will really make some wonderful pies,
kades

WOO-HOO!!
Are they ever going to be spoiled. I'm wishing you all the luck now. Once they find out you will never get any rest.

It's a heavy unit Kades.They mean it when they say it's sturdy. Just so you know, maybe I shouldn't say anything. You probably already know. The pie maker gets extremely hot. Top and bottom. I've burned my hand a few times on it. Young kids need to mind Ma, don't touch!

I quit using that plastic push contraption. It was taking too long to press the bottom crusts in. Centering it just right.Hoping it wouldn't stick. Now since the dough is already at room temp and manageable. The units preheated. I just put it on and quickly press it down to form. Fill and top it off.

Sugar glazes, for fruit pies ( at least mine anyways ) brushed on before the lid is closed burns the top. The crusts get hard as a rock. I chipped a toof on one. Not cool at all.:LOL: Brushing it on afterwards has better results.

Munky.

Chiming in here - I ordered the 4 pie Breville last fall from WS and we LOVE it! Munk, I'm learning lots from your posts! As to the size...one pie is no bigger than the frozen Banquet, Swansons, etc...and smaller I think than Marie Callendar's. The small booklet that comes with the unit doesn't have many recipes so I'm really enjoying the ideas here!

I wanted to get one for my daughter when they suddenly disappeared from WS so I'm happy to know they are back.

(kades, you and the kiddos will love it, i'm sure!:wub: )

Aha!! we have a new recruit! :) Welcome to the Pie Parlor :ROFLMAO:
The booklet is nice. I've tried a few recipes from it.
When I got mine there really wasn't any recipes on the net. It took some doing adapting my own recipes to suit this unit. Glad you've found them to be useful.

Munky.

Munky, have you tried puff pastry as a bottom? If so, how did it turn out?

I have a sausage roll recipe I would like to try in it.

Princess,
It will turn out beautifully. Top, bottom will still be nice and flaky.
That chicken & cheese dish I made was used with a Filo crust. I did keep an eye on the cooking time. It still averaged out to be 15-20 minutes of cooking time. I was expecting it to be soggy on the bottom. Not at all. Go ahead and use your Sausage recipe. Don't really see much difference between the 2 doughs. I'm sure it will turn out perfectly.

I've been wondering myself how sourdough bread for soup bowls would work out.
Guess I better get busy. :)
Good luck. Get your rest now.:ROFLMAO:

Munky.

Princess,
It will turn out beautifully. Top, bottom will still be nice and flaky.
That chicken & cheese dish I made was used with a Filo crust. I did keep an eye on the cooking time. It still averaged out to be 15-20 minutes of cooking time. I was expecting it to be soggy on the bottom. Not at all. Go ahead and use your Sausage recipe. Don't really see much difference between the 2 doughs. I'm sure it will turn out perfectly.

I've been wondering myself how sourdough bread for soup bowls would work out.
Guess I better get busy. :)
Good luck. Get your rest now.:ROFLMAO:

Munky.

How do you mean...already baked? Or baking it in the piemaker?

Baking in the pie maker.

I know regular bread dough works well for deep dish pizza.
Just need to watch how thick the rolled out dough should be.

The idea sounds good in my mind. It might work. Might not. Haven't tried it yet. Open for suggestions. :D

Munky.

I was thinking raising it in the maker, turn it on and have "pie" shaped bread bowls. Would there be enought time to bake the yeast dough? I can see experiment time coming up!

I was thinking raising it in the maker, turn it on and have "pie" shaped bread bowls. Would there be enought time to bake the yeast dough? I can see experiment time coming up!

You know Princess, raising it in the maker beforehand just might work.
It would give me the exact weight and size of the dough balls that would be needed. I'll weigh each one just to make it right. That way at least we would know how many bowls an average 1 pound loaf will make. You can still brush on the beaten egg white batter before it cooks. Preheat time on that isn't much.

Cooking times, I'm guessing it might take a little longer 30-35 min. If it can make Cream Puffs and Yorkshire puddings and Muffins as well as it has. Sourdough bread bowls shouldn't be a stretch. Got Chowder?

You are sooo smart! :) Thank you for the help :)

Munky.

Pineapple Cherry Cake

Pineapple Cherry Cake
Converted for use in your Breville Personal Pie Maker. Makes approx 10 Cakes

*** To avoid burning the crust take a piece of parchment paper and cut circles out using the pastry cutter.
Trace around the inside and outside. Place the cut piece around each cake before closing the lid. They can be reused. ***

Yellow Cake Mix:

2 Cups all purpose Flour
1 1/2 Cups sugar
1/2 Cup lard, or shortening
1 Cup of whole milk
3 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs
1/4 Cup of the reserved pineapple juice

Mix together the dry ingredients. Add the lard. Work until the mixture is a fine crumble.
Mix in the eggs, vanilla,pineapple juice and milk.
Beat until the batter is smooth.
Set it aside. Use at room temp.

Pineapple Cherry Filling:
This part can be doubled if you making them for a crowd. Doubled will make 20. With the yellow cake mix recipe provided.

1 20oz can of Pineapple Chunks Drained. Reserved the juice.
Put the chunks into a blender until it's almost a puree. Drain it again. Set aside

1 21 oz can of Comstock Cherry Pie Filling. Drained of the sweet sauce. Set the cherries aside.

3 tablespoons of butter
1/4 Cup dark brown sugar

In a saucepan melt the butter. Add the brown sugar until it's well mixed.Remove it from the heat.
Add your reserved pineapple puree. Mix well. Set it aside to cool to room temp.

Preheat the Pie Maker

Add less than a 1/4 Cup of batter to each section. Not the full amount. You will be adding a filling to the batter.
Then add 1 tablespoon of the Pineapple filling to the cake batter. Top that with a few cherries.

Place the cutout parchment pieces over each section. Close and lock the lid.

Cook for 15-20 minutes. The timing could take a little longer. I had a batch that took 25 min.
If the cake is too light of a color the cakes will fall apart when you try to remove them.The filling will leak out from the bottom.
Darker helps keep the cake from falling apart.

Munky.

img_995971_0_a642f311b6a5ba2e83b7c16581ce46f2.jpg

img_995971_1_c621afcb078fada7065227f3528c8441.jpg

Last edited:
Shrek thanks you for the recipe...he's sitting out on the curb waiting for UPS to show up.

Argggggg. I finally am getting my order in tomorrow. I've been hubting for my Visa and couldnt find it. Guess what DH saw it on the computer desk and put it in his wallet. I wish he would realize I can keep the da** thing without help. So tomorrow I'll join Shrek on the curb:LOL:
kades

Argggggg. I finally am getting my order in tomorrow. I've been hubting for my Visa and couldnt find it. Guess what DH saw it on the computer desk and put it in his wallet. I wish he would realize I can keep the da** thing without help. So tomorrow I'll join Shrek on the curb:LOL:
kades

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Shrek thanks you for the recipe...he's sitting out on the curb waiting for UPS to show up.

LOL!! How come I can actually picture that?

Is Shrek wearing a sign that reads " Will work for pie! " :LOL: Collecting change :ROFLMAO:

That would be funny to see. I once saw a man walking with one of those boards over his shoulders right on Main Street. Wearing some type of 70's disco outfit. It was definitely an eye catcher. Can't remember exactly what the sign said, something political. He didn't look too happy. I pointed it out to my husband and commented " Somebody lost a bet!" :LOL:

Hope you guys have a lot of fun with your new toy.

Munky.

Back
Top Bottom