Cheat's French Croissant! Budget, Instant, Delicious Croissant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frenchguycooking

Senior Cook
Hi guys,

Yes, That's right. I lost my mind. I've decided to make fake french croissants. Not so fake. Not so real either. I hope I won't loose my nationality by doing these...

But they are the fastest croissants you could ever make.

First you will need puff pastry. I use two stacked rolls of butter puff pastry to make it thicker ( 5 mm or 1/5 inch ). And that's it. No more fancy ingredients.

A round dough is indeed a nice shape for what's coming next.

Then, cut the dough into Thin-Pizza-Slices shapes. Boom ! They go in the preheated oven at 220°C or 440°F for about 15 minutes (or till they go golden brown)...

Out of the oven. Eat them warm with sugar on top. We don't do that in France but who cares ;)

It's perfect for a different yet tasty and quick breakfast, don't you think ?

Hope you will like it

G

Ads, Gab rolls them into a shape...have a look at his video on his YouTube site, it is great :)

Do you roll them into croissant shape or just bake them flat? Great idea! :angel:

Thanks Addie !

Yes, as Kylie said, I roll them into croissants shape.
Put the "pizza slice" with the tip pointing at you.
Then from the opposite ("the crust") just roll it toward yourself.
Roll but do not crush.

Thanks. Now on for the next questions I have never seen butter puff pastry in this country. And my store only sells square sheets. Can I brush each sheet with softened butter? Will that work? I know how to cut squares into triangles. :angel:

Thanks. Now on for the next questions I have never seen butter puff pastry in this country. And my store only sells square sheets. Can I brush each sheet with softened butter? Will that work? I know how to cut squares into triangles. :angel:

Yes definitely ! This should work ! The important is the final thickness and the shape. ( 5mm or 1/5 inch and for the shape a "thin long pizza slice" )
Don't forget to sprinkle ice sugar at the end or it would be a bit bland.

Yes definitely ! This should work ! The important is the final thickness and the shape. ( 5mm or 1/5 inch and for the shape a "thin long pizza slice" )
Don't forget to sprinkle ice sugar at the end or it would be a bit bland.

I was thinking more along the lines of spreading Nutella on the sheet before cutting. Then rolling. :angel:

Two questions to satisfy the OCD part of my brain.

1. How big should the circle of dough be?

2. How many slices are in that circle?

The dough circle should be like 10 inches = 30 cm in diameter (or more)

12 slices gives the proper shape !

My daughter's family loves Nutella and anything you can put it on disappears instantly. :angel:
Also thinking Nutella and creamy peanut butter combined. A very popular combo here in the States. :angel:

I love the sound of that combo Ads :)

I too love Nutella on the odd occasion....great idea of using it on croissants...love chocolate ones :yum:

My daughter's family loves Nutella and anything you can put it on disappears instantly. :angel:
Also thinking Nutella and creamy peanut butter combined. A very popular combo here in the States. :angel:

Wow ! A sweet combo I would like to try !

Back
Top Bottom