God Bless Pillsbury

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I've always taken pride in my pies, making the crust from scratch and making my own fillings.
But I can't do what I used to do, so I've decided it's time to roll with the changes.
This morning, I unrolled my Pillsbury crust, and opened 3 cans of Wilderness Apple Pie filling. I seasoned the fillling with a little more sugar, lemon juice, and Cinnamon plus, from Pampered Chef.
They are out of the oven now, and smell and look divine.

So, thank you Pillsbury, for making my life easier!

Hey, my wife does it all the time. Who has time to make pie crust nowadays.
Actually the best apple pie I have ever had camefrom frozen section of Sam's club one year. I wish they'd bring it back. It was so amasingly good, I can't even begin to describe.

I just wanted to let you guys know that the pies turned out great. I think my grandma would have used these pie crusts if she'd had them.

Constance, I couldnt even be bothered to make a pie for this holiday. I do like making home-made crusts, but they take time and lots of efforts. I say Horray to Pillsbury pie crust! And the apple filling you added ( and tweaked). Good for you!

Your pie sounds so good. I can't let a Thanksgiving go by without mince meat pie. Of course my mothers homemade was the best. Now that she is gone I buy a ready made one at our local HyVee bakery. It's not too bad. :)

I love mince meat pie, My mom makes it at Christmas
I from a family of 8 kids and there is only 3 plus parents who like it -so my mother makes little tarts instead of a pie. I like them better. Although you tend to eat more of them. But what the heck it the holidays right.
One year for her birthday when mincemeat was suddenly was high price she said she wasn't buying it that year and when we all heard that the 3 us went out and 3 brought jars not knowing each of us were going to and gave it to her. Her comment was " I guess I Making tarts" with a big smile. HMMM maybe that was hint to us kids, We would do it again. Can't break tradition.

The Pillsbury pie crusts are great. I use them for making a breakfast pie with eggs, cheese and breakfast meat. Works like a charm, and tastes great!

Connie,
when my hands act up like they were after all the slicing and chopping for dressing and stuffed onions and making the things we always have at Thanksgiving, by the time i got to mixing the stuffing and crimping the pie crusts, I couldn't roll out the crust or even stir the dressing. Everytime I'd press down it was like someone jabbed me with an icepick! DH ended up stirring the stuffing and I showed him how to crimp the pie crusts for me. Poor guy said he felt like he was all thumbs:LOL: I used the pillsbury pie crusts and there was no pie leftover!!
Glad to hear you pies were a hit, your recipe idea sounded really yummy.
kadesma

Aren't those husbands of ours great, Kadesma?! Kim did most of the chopping and mixing. Between the two of us, we made some killer oyster dressing.

Constance said:
Aren't those husbands of ours great, Kadesma?! Kim did most of the chopping and mixing. Between the two of us, we made some killer oyster dressing.
Emmm oyster dressing is so good. I use to make it for my dad whenever he wanted a roast chicken. My mom and DH look like this :sick: at the mere mention os oysters:LOL: I love them myself so I envy your dressing. And yes, you and I both are lucky to have such wonderful Dh's. Glad your day was wonderful.

kadesma

I did that myself this year. It's a first for all of us, as PeppA and her Mom have always bought the pies, pre-cooked, from the store. I haven't made a pie in about 10 years. I bought to pie crusts, and just mixed up the pumpkin filling. There is now ONE piece left, and I've put the Fear of Dad into the kids about making sure Mom gets that piece.

I still have several cans of pumpkin left. I may have to get some more pie crusts.

I love the Pillsbury pie crusts!!!! I used to be able to make a darn good pie crust and as with many things......if you don't keep doing it, you lose it!!!! 99% of people really can't tell if you really made it or not; unless you tell them.

I am another fan of the Pillsbury pie crusts, as is my mom, who can make the real thing beautifully.

Pillsbury does it better than I do, so that's an end to it.

I do agree that most of us do not have the big flour board space but still want to enjoy a slice of pie. I see no reason for "rolling" that dough. Why not just get it to the crumb stage and press it into the pie pan? I did this with some pecan flour and it worked real good. I didn't want to waste a bit of that valueable stuff.

I checked the freezer section of my local store...no Pilspury crusts...just some other preformed crusts. Oh well. Another food unavaiable in Canada.

Yeah, you may not have Pilsbury crust, but you do have Red Rose tea, and we don't. And that's an exelent tea.

Back
Top Bottom